13 Top Fitness and Exercise Habit Books
Fitness is one of the single most popular habits people undertake to change.
Building a solid fitness habit takes some work and discipline. When you have one in place, it is fairly easy to keep it going -- your body craves exercise. But from a dead stop, it can be difficult to start an exercise habit.
Too often people will go full bore on a new fitness routine, wear themselves out and slowly quit.
The books in this section are split into two different types. Books like the Willpower Solution give practical advice on building a fitness habit that works, while many of the others give specific examples of many of the core fitness components, like calisthenics, stretching, walking and weight training.
By no means are these choices the ONLY choice in the realm of fitness. But they are all solid guides with a lot of value in their respective fitness niches.
Top Fitness and Exercise Habit Books
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey
- Make Shift Happen: Change How You Look by Changing How You Think by Dean Dwyer
- Strength for Life: The Fitness Plan for the Rest of Your Life by Shawn Phillips
- Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy by Bret Contreras
- The Fitness Expert Next Door: How to Set and Reach Realistic Fitness Goals in 10 Minutes a Day by Michal Stawicki
- Stretching Anatomy 2nd Edition by Arnold Nelson
- The Life Plan: How Any Man Can Achieve Lasting Health, Great Sex, and a Stronger, Leaner Body by Jeff Life, M.D. Ph.D
- Pump it Up!: Exercising Your Heart to Health by Joe Petreycik, RN
- Complete Calisthenics: The Ultimate Guide To Bodyweight Exercise by Ashley Kalym
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program to Get the Results You Want in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff M.D. and John Little
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint - The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness by Steve Scott
- Faster, Higher, Stronger: How Sports Science Is Creating a New Generation of Super-athletes--and What We Can Learn from Them by Mark McClusky
- Exercise Every Day: 32 Tactics for Building the Exercise Habit (Even If You Hate Working Out) -Steve Scott
- Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health & Life by Ben Greenfield
Are there books missing from this list? Are there books that shouldn't be here? Do you find this list useful? Do you have any favorites? Make sure to let me know in the comments on the the main page of the 175+ Best Habit Books List.