15 Best Organization Books (including minimalism, and decluttering books)
“Less is more” is a key concept of minimalism. Too many “things” and too much “clutter” just serve to distract us.
This is why creating habits to routinely declutter and/or get rid of excess can be so powerful.
Like many guys, I simply loathe cleaning. Yet I love to work in a tidy and organized environment. What a quandary!!
My solution has been a series of small micro cleaning habits. Most of these ideas are originally found in the books listed here.
These books on organization, minimalism and decluttering feature: simplicity, uncluttering your life, and top notch organization.
These decluttering and organization books have a wide variety of topics. They can help a wide swath of people. Whether you should be featured on an upcoming episode of Hoarders or already live a neat-as-a-pin minimalist lifestyle, I am thinking there are still few things you could learn from these books.
Best Simplicity and Organization Books:
- The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential…in Business and in Life by Leo Babauta
- Time Management from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule–and Your Life by Julie Morgenstern
- Organizing from the Inside Out: (second edition) The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Home, Your Office and Your Life by Julie Morgenstern
- Banish Clutter Forever: How the Toothbrush Principle Will Change Your Life by Sheila Chandra
- Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals by Brian Tracy
- Organize Yourself in 24 Hours: 50 Best Strategies to Organize Your Mind, Organize Your Life, and Manage Yourself in the Way You Want (2nd Edition) by Christ Lewis
- One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good by Regina Leeds
- Daily Inbox Zero: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload by Steve Scott
- Unclutter Your Life in One Week by Erin Rooney Doland
- The Joy of Less: a Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life by Francine Jay
- Getting Rid of It: The Step-by-step Guide for Eliminating the Clutter in Your Life by Warren and Betsy Talbot
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- It’s All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff by Peter Walsh
- Find Your Focus Zone: An Effective New Plan to Defeat Distraction and Overload by Lucy Jo Palladino
A Smarter You in 15 Minutes?
If you enjoy reading nonfiction books, then I encourage you to check out the Blinkist app.
Blinkist is an interesting concept…
Blinkist summarized over 2,000 of the bestselling books and put them into condensed 7 to 15 minute reads (or “blinks”). The idea here is to give you the key insights and important lessons — without wasting your time on pointless information.
Blinkist book summaries are perfect for anyone who wants to maximize those random moments when you have to kill time. Like when you want to kill time before an appointment or you’re standing on a long line at Starbucks.
You can use Blinkist to complete a book daily, learn the valuable lessons, and avoid the fluff that often pad longer books.