Top 25 Entrepreneur Books | Best of business and leadership
Many people want to change their habits for professional reasons. They want to reforge themselves into a better version to help realize a vision of creating something new.
The 25 entrepreneurial, leadership and business books on this list are designed to help those budding entrepreneurs reach their goals.
Before we go further, let’s take a moment to discuss “what is an entrepreneur?” Many people think of entrepreneurs ONLY as those who start their own businesses, wear suits and are perhaps featured on the “Shark Tank” or running a startup company.
By my definition, anyone is an entrepreneur who is trying to make something happen in business that is outside of the normal 9-5. This includes WAHM’s (work at home mom’s…and dad’s), artists, writers, editors, and any other sort of side hustler. If you bust your butt to create something that makes money in your free time -you are an entrepreneur, and these books can help you be better at it.
There are likely thousands of books on business, leadership, entrepreneurship, and creating your own, “thing.” These 20 are what I consider to be the best entrepreneur books of the bunch. Enjoy
*Entrepreneur Books are in no particular order.
Top Entrepreneur Books
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity by Hugh MacLeod
- Rework by Jason Fried
- Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business by Chris Ducker
- Publish and Profit: A 5-Step System For Attracting Paying Coaching And Consulting Clients, Traffic And Leads, Product Sales, And Speaking Engagements by Mike Koenigs
- From Freelancer to Entrepreneur: Escaping work and finding happiness by Rob Cubbon
- Talent Is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else by Geoff Colvin
- War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists by Steve Scott
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon
- Work Smarter: 350+ Online Resources Today’s Top Entrepreneurs Use to Increase Productivity and Achieve Their Goals by Nick Loper
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- Make Money, Live Wealthy: 75 Successful Entrepreneurs Share the 10 Simple Steps to True Wealth: Learn How to Invest, Be an Entrepreneur & Build Massive Wealth by Austin Netzley
- Inspire! The Art of Persuasive Leadership: How to Influence, Establish Trust, and Gain Respect by Patrick King
- Edgy Conversations: How Ordinary People Can Achieve Outrageous Success by Dan Waldschmidt
- Discover your True North: The Leadership Classic, expanded for today’s leaders- by Bill George
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
- The Warren Buffett Way: 3rd Edition of the classic business book – by Robert G, Hagstrom
- The Startup Playbook: Secrets of the Fastest-Growing Startups from Their Founding Entrepreneurs by David Kidder
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It- By Michael E. Gerber
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
- The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business by Josh Kaufman
- The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs
- Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential – by Greg Crabtree
The “business” section of these lists. is in a state of flux. I am going to rework these lists into more specific areas. Rather than “finance” I will have very specific finance topics and I will be breaking “Entrepreneuer” into its composite segments: leadership, creativity, finances, investing, business and startups.
As I add more pages close to the top of entrepreneurship/ business and finance. I will add links to the pages below:
16 Best Property Investing Books: Make your money work for you!