There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Quotes about self-confidence can be transformative.
It’s great to read the encouraging words of people that face personal challenges. Their wisdom helps us fulfill our potentials and achieve more in life. They can motivate us to seize the day and meet all the challenges because we have it in us to make it.
When you trust your abilities, other people notice and tend to also trust you. Further, numerous researches have proven that it is the confident individual who often gets hired, is awarded grants, or is offered job promotions.
Confidence is one of the keys to success.
Once unlocked, the successes you experience in life give happiness and, as an upward-moving spiral, unlock further success.
However, a lot of factors can affect your sense of self-worth. Pressures from society to fit the mold may blindside you, causing you to doubt yourself.
This post reminds you that the power to succeed is already in your hands. The featured 63 confidence posts were handpicked for their uplifting messages.
Hopefully these will inspire you to believe in yourself more, regardless of others’ opinions. Your success and happiness in life are counting on it.
Read on for confidence quotes, self-confidence quotes, quotes about confidence in yourself, quotes about self-confidence and beauty, and body confidence quotes.
Let’s start off with confidence quotes. What is confidence all about? Where does it come from? How can you develop it? The words from the wise will help us understand more and give us an idea why it’s important to own it.
- “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”– Joe Namath
- “Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.”– George Herbert
- “Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking tartar sauce with you.”– Zig Ziglar
- “Positivity, confidence, and persistence are key in life, so never give up on yourself.”– Khalid
- “With confidence, you have won before you have started.”– Marcus Garvey
- “Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks.”– Joe Paterno
- “Confidence is not, ‘They will like me.’ Confidence instead is, ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.’”– Christina Grimmie
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
How confident are you about yourself?
Can you trust yourself in making big decisions, e.g., making your first big purchase, getting married, starting your own business? Society sometimes tells us that we can’t do it.
We are bombarded daily with messages that we will not be good enough if we don’t have the “right” education, if we are not advocates of certain causes, if we don’t belong to certain clubs and organizations, or if we don’t own certain products.
It’s no wonder we’ve developed fear that we’re missing out on something.
The following self-confidence quotes remind us that not only should we believe in ourselves, but it is the key that opens the door to success and greatness.
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.” – Marianne Deborah Willamson
- “Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.”– Samuel Johnson
- “There is nothing more powerful than those who are unafraid.”– Unknown
- “Don’t be satisfied with myths, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”– Rumi
- “They tried to bury us. They didn’t know we were seeds.”– Unknown
- “At every given moment we are absolutely perfect for what is required for our journey.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.”– Wendy Wasserstein
- “To overcome fear is the quickest way to gain your self-confidence.”– Roy T. Bennett
- “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”– Dalai Lama
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but not fearing to be wrong.”– Unknown
- “I may not be perfect but parts of me are awesome.” – Unknown
I may not be perfect but parts of me are awesome.” – Unknown
Have you ever felt you don’t deserve the success that has come your way?
Or have you ever pretended to be more confident than you really feel inside, for fear that other people might think you’re not competent in your job?
It’s a pretty common feeling, and there’s a term for it: Impostor syndrome.
However, these quotes about confidence in yourself can help you own your success and help you start believing that they are truly deserved.
Quotes About Confidence in Yourself
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.”– Marianne Deborah Willamson
- “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”– Oscar Wilde
- “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.”– Zig Ziglar
- “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was.”– Muhammad Ali
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”– Christian D. Larson
Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”– Christian D. Larson
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”– Dr. Seuss
- “When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.”– Unknown
- “I am me, nothing more, nothing less. And that is enough.”– Harpreet M. Dayal
- “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it. It simply means I can’t do it with them.”– Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.”– Lao Tzu
- “If my mind can conceive it, my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.”– Jesse Jackson
- “I am who I am, not who you think I am. Not who you want me to be. I am me.”– Brigitte Nicole
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”– Maya Angelou
- “Be you, love you. All ways, always.”– Alexandra Belle
- “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.”– St. Catherine of Sienna
- “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.”– Oprah Winfrey
It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.”– Oprah Winfrey
- “Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.”– Unknown
- “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”– Christopher Robin
- “By being yourself you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.”– Edwin Elliot
We’ve already mentioned what society expects us how to live our lives. Nowhere is this more emphasized than in how we see beauty as a culture.
Every day we see ads for beauty products — be younger, more tanned, achieve flawless skin. The number of esthetic surgery clinics continues to rise. We are made to believe that we can only be beautiful if we wear clothes from well-known brands. Again, the message is we are not good enough as we are.
It’s no wonder so many people feel so unconfident.
But the truth is, regardless of size, color, weight, or height, we are enough. It’s time we give ourselves the love we deserve.
Let’s reclaim our beautiful selves with these quotes about self-confidence and beauty.
Quotes About Self-Confidence and Beauty
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”– Coco Chanel
- “People always ask me, ‘You have so much confidence. Where did that come from?’ It came from me. One day I decided that I was beautiful, and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl… It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.”– Gabourey Sidibe
- “Beauty has so many forms, and I think the most beautiful thing is confidence and loving yourself.”– Kiesza
- “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.”– Amy Bloom
You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.”– Amy Bloom
- “Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.”– John Ray
- “I know now it’s really important to feel beautiful. There is a power to that.”– Lana Del Rey
- “It’s not vanity to feel you have a right to be beautiful. Women are taught to feel we’re not good enough, that we must live up to someone else’s standards. But my aim is to cherish myself as I am.”– Elle Mcpherson
- “Confidence is the ability to feel beautiful without needing someone to tell you.” – Mandy Hale
- “Personally, I don’t ever want to depend on makeup to feel beautiful.”– Lupita Nyong’o
- “Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own.”– Unknown
- “Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in the mirror. But you are eternity and you are the mirror.” – Kahlil Gibran
Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in the mirror. But you are eternity and you are the mirror.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief she is beautiful.”– Sophia Loren
Many of us are no size zero.
It can be challenging to not measure up to the “ideal size”. For one thing, it’s sometimes difficult to find clothes that would fit well and look good. The message from the fashion industry seems to be, “you don’t deserve to wear our clothes.”
As a result, so many of us worry about our weight. We try all the diets – some of them restricting calories so much that we are weak from hunger and feel miserable.
Because we’re not confident in our own size, we are miserable.
What we need is a healthier self-image.
The following body confidence quotes can lift you up in times when you feel low about your size, height, or skin color. And actually, you shouldn’t. You’re amazing just as you are.
Body Confidence Quotes
- “You are no less valuable as a size 16 than a size 4. You are no less valuable as a 32a than a 36c.”– Mary Lambert
- “Every piece of you is a burst of beautiful.”– Unknown
- “I don’t need anyone’s permission to feel glorious.” – Unknown
- “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.”– Emma Stone
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.”– Sophia Bush
- “You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.”– Stacy London
- “You can’t eat beauty, it doesn’t sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you. That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul.”– Lupita Nyong’o
You can’t eat beauty, it doesn’t sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you. That kind of beauty inflames the heart and enchants the soul.”– Lupita Nyong’o
- “Chic is when a woman is in harmony with herself.”– Giambattista Valli
- “Is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is fat worse than ‘vindictive,’ ‘jealous,’ ‘shallow,’ ‘vain,’ ‘boring,’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me.”– J. K. Rowling
- “Life is so much more beautiful than a number on a scale.”– Tess Munster
- “I’ve finally recognized my body for what it is: a personality-delivery system, designed expressly to carry my character from place to place, now and in the years to come.”– Anna Quindlen
Final Thoughts About Confidence Quotes
We’d love to hear about your journey to becoming a more confident person. And was there any quote that moved you and made you believe in your own awesomeness? Please post it in the comments below.
Feel free to share the works of art that resonated with you. Sharing through your social media platform of choice is appreciated.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- Quotes About Being Yourself
- Achievement Quotes to Inspire Success
- Mindfulness Quotes About Love and Work
- Knowledge Quotes to Inspire Learning
- Self-Care Quotes – Take Care of Yourself
- The Best Thich Nhat Hanh Quotes
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..