There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
There are a few things that can make or break any relationship.
Infidelity. Jealousy. Insecurities. Infertility. Money problems.
How about taking a long drive or road trip together?
Hey, it’s possible.
You can learn a lot from being in a car together for hours, maybe even days, with your significant other… and it may not be all good.
On the flip side though, it could be great. Almost like free therapy.
Think about it.
You are in a car with limited distractions.
The driver is (or should be) focused on the road and conversation. Maybe music.
The passenger may surf on their phone or tablet now and again, but chances are they won’t for very long.
They may take a nap if they’re taking turns driving.
But then what?
Having a list of road trip questions for couples on hand can be an educational and entertaining way to pass the time… especially on those long stretches of highway.
If you aren’t married yet, this could be a great opportunity to figure out if you want the same things from life.
If you are already hitched, this is a good time to reconnect or address any issues you may be having.
In this article, I’ve broken 119 questions down by category to help get the ball rolling.
- What is the worst date you ever went on?
- Have you ever been in love before now? Why did you end the relationship?
- Have you ever cheated on a girlfriend/boyfriend?
- Would you ever forgive me if I cheated on you?
- What is your favorite thing about me?
- What is the first thing you noticed about me?
- Is there anything about me that annoys you?
- Do you picture yourself having children someday? If so, how many?
- Do you believe that one parent should stay at home to raise children?
- Is there anything about you that you’re embarrassed for me to find out?
- What are you most insecure about?
- Do you believe couples should live together before getting married?
- With technology being the way that it is, do you feel that long distance relationships can work?
- Do you have any secret sexual fantasies?
- Do you believe that watching porn by yourself is cheating?
- What is your stance on strip clubs and lap dances?
- Do you believe that all couples should grant each other a hall pass for their bachelor/bachelorette party?
- When did you lose your virginity? Do you remember it?
- How many sexual partners have you had?
- Have you ever fantasized about one of your teachers or professors?
- Have you ever had a one night stand?
- Did you ever get anyone pregnant, or get pregnant, and choose not to have the baby?
- Have you ever had an STD?
- Have you ever paid for sex?
[See more deep questions you can use to get to know people better.]
Married Couple Questions
- Do you still find me as attractive as the day we met?
- At what moment did you know you wanted to marry me?
- Looking back, are you happy with the type of wedding we chose to have?
- What do you love most about our life together?
- Is there anything you’d change about our life together?
- Do you ever fantasize about another person while we are having sex?
- How would you rank our sex life?
- Is there anything about me that continues to surprise you?
- What stresses you out most these days?
- Do you think I am a good parent?
- Do you think we have a healthy balance of couples and alone time?
- Do you look forward to growing old together?
- What is your favorite dish that I cook? Which one don’t you love, but eat to be polite?
- Do you have any old pictures of ex-girlfriends or boyfriends stashed away?
- Are you friends with any exes on social media?
- Have you ever found a co-worker attractive?
- Have you ever texted or gone to happy hour with a colleague of the opposite sex and found yourself flirting?
- What is one adventure you’d like to take me on before we are old?
- Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it?
- If you child turned out to be a lesbian, gay or bisexual… would you care?
- Do you truly like my family?
- If I died, would you remarry?
- Who was your first crush? How old were you?
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Were your parents fun loving or strict? Were you close?
- Were you popular or bullied as a child? Or somewhere in between?
- Who was your best friend and what were they like?
- What was the best lunch your mom packed you as a kid?
- Did you have a pet growing up?
- What was your favorite thing to play as a child?
- Who was your childhood hero?
- What was your favorite tv show as a kid?
- What was your favorite song in high school?
- What superhero did you want to be as a kid?
- Did your family have any fun or special traditions that you’d like to pass along to your own children?
- Did you spend much time with your grandparents?
- Do you remember your kindergarten teacher?
- What was your favorite or best subject in school?
- What was your least favorite or worst subject in school?
- Did you ever fail a test or class?
- What was your most memorable vacation or day trip as a child?
- Were you more or less adventurous as a kid than you are now?
- What were you most afraid of as a kid?
- Was organized religion a big part of your childhood? Did you attend services regularly?
- What was the best present you ever got as a kid?
- Did you ever consider running away from home when you were young?
- What is the earliest memory you have from childhood?
- Were your parents affectionate with one another in front of you?
- Did you enjoy high school?
- Did you go to your senior prom? Who was your date?
- What were you like in high school?
- Did you ever make fun of someone as a kid and still feel bad about it today?
- Did you ever talk to yourself or have an imaginary friend?
- Did you have a special stuffed animal or blanket that you slept with as a kid?
- Did your parents ever spank you as a child?
- Did you ever sneak out of the house to meet friends when you were a teen?
“What If” and “Would You Rather” Questions
- What if you were offered $10 million dollars to give up sex for the rest of your life? Would you?
- What if you could change careers tomorrow without any negative financial consequences? What would you do?
- What if you were granted three wishes by a genie? What wishes would you make?
- What if you could have an affair without my ever finding out? Would you?
- What if you could trade places with anybody for a day? Who would you choose and why?
- What if you could talk to a loved one that passed away? Who would you want to talk to most?
- What if you could time travel? Which year would you jump to?
- What if you could eat and drink whatever you wanted to and never gain a pound, but had to give up the internet? Would you?
- If given the choice, would you rather be a famous actor or world leader?
- If you were starving, would you rather eat an insect or a rodent to survive?
- Would you rather be granted eternal life or never have to work another day in this one?
- Would you rather see a ghost or battle a zombie?
- You’re a contestant on an extreme game show and need to accept one challenge. Would you rather go skydiving or swim with sharks?
- Would you rather have a house in the mountains or on the beach?
- Do you believe in God?
- What do you think happens when we die?
- If you knew for certain that Heaven and Hell existed, would you act differently?
- If you could spend one day with anybody, alive or dead, who would you choose?
- Do you believe that aliens exist?
- What do you think will be the cause of the end of human civilization?
- Do you believe that “superpowers”, or special abilities, could actually exist if we utilized more of our brain function?
- What is the darkest thought you’ve ever had?
- Have you ever hurt a helpless animal?
- Have you ever gone to jail?
- Have you ever shoplifted and gotten away with it?
- Have you ever had a DUI?
- Have you ever been abused in a relationship?
- If you found out that your child was going to be born mentally or physically disabled, would you still have the child?
- Have you ever cheated on a test and not been caught?
- Have you ever gotten in a physical fight over a girl or guy?
- If you were given the opportunity to live anywhere in the world debt free, where would you want to go?
- If you were tasked with naming a newly discovered planet, what name would you give it?
- If you could live in outer space or under the sea, which would you choose?
- What is the one place you’ve always wanted to visit, but never did?
- What is your ideal family vacation?
- What is your idea of the perfect couples getaway?
- Do you think it’s important to know at least some of the language when visiting a foreign country?
- What country do you think has the most attractive people?
Final Thoughts on Road Trip Questions for Couples
Open, honest communication is the key to any good relationship. If you aren’t forthcoming with your partner, issues and feelings have a tendency to get bottled up… until they explode into an argument that could have likely been avoided.
That or you wind up resenting each other.
But know this… talking to your partner doesn’t always have to be so formal.
There is a time and a place for everything.
While there will be times where a sit-down heart to heart is warranted… there will be other times when things just happen.
Road trips can be the perfect excuse to reconnect with one another in a light-hearted and casual way.
For couples in a long distance relationship who may not go on road trips often, check out this post on things to do as a long-distance couple.
Finally, if you want to ask better questions, then watch this short, 20-minute course to learn how to have a great conversation with virtually anyone.
Nicole Krause has been writing both personally and professionally for over 20 years. She holds a dual B.A. in English and Film Studies. Her work has appeared in some of the country’s top publications, major news outlets, online publications and blogs. As a happily married (and extremely busy) mother of four… her articles primarily focus on parenting, marriage, family, finance, organization and product reviews.