There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Falling in love reshapes your entire perspective. Love engulfs our whole essence and you likely feel as if you cannot get enough of your partner… and want to learn everything you can about them. If so, there are plenty of romantic ways to get to know your partner. And asking questions is one of them.
What You Will Learn
What Constitutes a Romantic Question?
Romantic questions aim to bring you and your partner emotionally, physically, and spiritually closer. An excellent romantic question makes you appreciate your relationship. They also make you question how the relationship can improve. Romantic questions enhance communication which builds for a stronger relationship.
Why Asking Questions Is Important In a Relationship
Communication is key to a great relationship because it encourages trust. People need to trust one another, and the only way for that to happen is to know them. Truly know them. That is why asking questions is a great way to strengthen communication and build trust while getting to know your partner better.
I’m come up with some romantic questions that are perfect for all types of couples… whether you're in your honeymoon phase or have been together for a decade or more. These questions will reinforce your relationship. So, be sure to grab your partner and take turns answering these romantic questions for couples.
How many of these questions will you already know the answer to? Which ones will you be surprised to hear? Let's start the fun!
Emotional questions encourage open and honest communication between you and your partner. Sometimes it isn't easy to be honest with someone. With that in mind, remember, honesty is vital in personal relationships, so be sure to receive these answers without judgment.
- What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
- How did you feel when I met your family for the first time?
- How often do you think about me throughout the day?
- Is there anything special you'd like me to do for you in the future?
- When did you know I was the one for you?
- What's your happiest memory of us?
- Do you think there is a way to improve our relationship?
- What word would you use to describe me?
- How did you define love when you were younger?
- Do you remember how you felt when we kissed for the first time?
- Did you think you were ever going to find love?
- Do you trust me fully in our relationship?
- How important are “looks” to you in a relationship?
- Where do you see us in ten years?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What inspires you the most?
- What is your greatest fear, and how have you overcome it?
- What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid?
- What is your least favorite thing about people?
- Do you like love songs? Which is your favorite?
- What is one thing you wish you could show me?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Could you describe how you feel when we are together?
- Do you wish we could have met earlier in life? Or did we meet at the perfect time?
- Have you ever had to tell a lie? What happened?
Intimate questions are a great way to dive deep into a physical connection with your partner. It's a way to understand their love language and see if you are in sync with each other.
- What is your favorite part about my body?
- Where is your favorite place to kiss me?
- Do I measure up to your “type?”
- How can I show you how much I appreciate you?
- Do you prefer acts of kindness, gift-giving, or words of encouragement from me?
- Is there something you'd like to do in the bedroom that we haven't tried yet?
- Would you still find me attractive if I gained weight or changed my hair?
- Have you had serious relationships before? How long did it last?
- Do you think we need to work on our physical intimacy?
- Do you prefer to be touched somewhere specific?
- How many times a week should we be intimate with each other?
- How important is sex to you in a relationship?
- Are there any fantasies you wish we could act out in the future?
Hypothetical questions are perfect for realizing the way your partner thinks. Each answer grants a greater understanding of what type of person they are.
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do?
- If you could pick anywhere to travel tomorrow, where would you go and why?
- If you could bring someone back to life for one day, who would it be?
- If you could live forever, would you?
- A genie grants you three wishes. What do you wish for?
- If you had a time machine, which period would you visit?
- If you had to choose between the power of invisibility or the ability to fly, which would you choose?
- If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be of, and where would you put it?
- The CIA has granted you knowledge of anything you want to know. What is the first thing you ask them?
- You have the chance to solve any problem that the world faces. What problem do you solve?
- Somehow you have become famous overnight. What made you famous?
- If you could visit any fictional world, where would you go?
- If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
- If you were the president, what plans would you put into action?
- What three things would you take with you if trapped on an island?
- You are granted permission to travel to space and back. Do you go?
- You have 24 hours to live. What do you do with your time?
- You can only listen to five songs for the rest of your life, what songs do you choose?
- If you are given the ability to learn one skill expertly in seconds, which would you pick?
- Who would you want to star yourself in a top Hollywood movie about your life?
- If the world were to end, how would you want it to end?
Spirituality is a very important aspect of a relationship. Some people value spirituality, while others don't give it a second thought. These questions help guide you both through what matters most regarding spirituality.
- Do you believe in a higher being?
- Who or what do you think created the earth and yourself?
- Do you feel driven by a purpose in life? What is your purpose?
- Do you think there are other living beings outside of our known universe?
- Do you think humans are born evil or good?
- Do you believe people have free will or not?
- How do you think we should punish people for mistakes?
- Do you think humans can make up their morals or need assistance from a higher power?
- How do you choose to label yourself spiritually?
- Do you think people should be more or less religious?
- Where do you think we go after we pass?
- Do you believe in spirits or ghosts? Have you ever interacted with one before?
- Do you care if I practice a religion different from your own?
- How do you feel if I don't believe in a higher power?
- Do you believe in unconditional love?
- Outside of religion, do you feel a spiritual connection with nature?
Besides all the seriousness, relationships should also be fun! Which means these questions are set to make you laugh along with your partner while knowing them better. Nothing is too serious in these sets of questions.
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Who was your first crush, and what age were you?
- If you could choose any artist to perform at your birthday, who would you choose?
- What do you like to do during your favorite season?
- What language would you choose to learn?
- What is your favorite theme park?
- What's one thing you want to witness for the first time?
- Your most excellent skill is now an Olympic sport. What is your skill?
- You have to change your name. What name are you choosing?
- What's the best dream you've ever had?
- Could you describe your perfect day?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
This or That
Rapid-fire questions are some of the best questions to ask your partner. Don't give them any time to think. Let their first reaction be their answer. Start the clock, and don't second guess these questions!
- A quiet night in or out on the town?
- Book or movie?
- Wine or beer?
- Play or musical?
- Locked in a room with snakes or spiders?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- Coffee or tea?
- Cats or dogs?
- Cheese or bread?
- Mountains or the beach?
- Concert or art museum?
- Breakfast or dinner?
- Money or happiness?
- City or country life?
Final Thoughts on Romantic Questions for Couples
The whole point of romantic questions is to get closer to your partner. It is not a time for arguments or debate, but a safe place to express yourself.
Save this list for the next date night, or make a plan to ask your partner one question every day for 101 days. Your relationship is sure to grow with each answer.
Once finished, you can check out 43 questions for couples to spark a deep conversion and this list of would you rather questions for couples. You can also get more ideas from this massive list of romantic questions for your boyfriend.
If you want to learn more, check out our post on SMART goal examples to help improve your relationship.
Finally, if you want to ask better questions, then watch this short, 20-minute course to learn how to have a great conversation with virtually anyone.