55 Dr. Wayne Dyer Quotes About Life and Beyond
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever wondered what legacy you will leave the world?
Today, we’re sharing a collection of quotes from one of the pioneers of the self-help movement—prolific author and spiritual guru Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. Dr. Dyer’s legacy—through his bestselling books, lectures, television specials, and podcasts—inspires millions to live a life with purpose.
What You Will Learn
Early Life and Career
Wayne Dyer was born in Detroit, Michigan. When he was three years old, his father abandoned the family.
As a result of the abandonment, Wayne and his brothers spent most of their childhood in different foster homes. Rather than become disheartened, Dyer used the experience as a stepping stone to reach his dreams and help others discover their true purpose in life.
He received his doctorate in educational counseling from Wayne State University, and worked as an associate professor at St. John’s University, NY. His lectures on self-discovery were well-received, even among non-students. He published his first book, Your Erroneous Zones, in 1976. Its popularity led to him being a sought-after author and motivational speaker.
Wayne Dyer—Prolific Author
Dyer was a prolific writer. In his lifetime, he published at least 30 books, 21 of which were bestsellers. These included:
Best Wayne Dyer Quotes
The following Wayne Dyer quotes reflect his thoughts on love, life, gratitude, and death. These words show us the kind of human Dyer was. He was a man who believed that all of us can use our lives to uplift humanity, that we can create miracles, and that death is not to be feared, but is just another great adventure.
1. “You don’t need to be better than any one else, you just need to be better than you used to be.” – Wayne Dyer
2. “Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment.” – Wayne Dyer
3. “Here is an affirmation for today: I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy!” – Wayne Dyer
4. “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.” – Wayne Dyer
5. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
6. “Keep doing what you love to the best of your ability. Stop judging and get out of your own way.” – Wayne Dyer
“Keep doing what you love to the best of your ability. Stop judging and get out of your own way.” – Wayne Dyer
7. “Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It’s not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make. Period.” – Wayne Dyer
8. “Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.” – Wayne Dyer
9. “Love is forgiving and Love is for giving.” – Wayne Dyer
10. “Your children will see what you’re all about by what you live rather than what you say.” – Wayne Dyer
11. “I am realistic – I expect miracles.” – Wayne Dyer
12. “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.” – Wayne Dyer
13. “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.” – Wayne Dyer
14. “When you're at peace with yourself and love your self, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.” – Wayne Dyer
“When you're at peace with yourself and love your self, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.” – Wayne Dyer
15. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.” – Wayne Dyer
16. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “Don't die with the music still in you.” – Wayne Dyer
18. “We are not our bodies, our possessions, or our career. Who we are is Divine Love and that is Infinite.” – Wayne Dyer
19. “What comes out of you when you are squeezed is what is inside of you.” – Wayne Dyer
20. “Everything I need now is here.” – Wayne Dyer
21. “Present-moment living, getting in touch with your now, is at the heart of effective living. When you think about it, there really is no other moment you can live. Now is all there is, and the future is just another present moment to live when it arrives.” – Wayne Dyer
22. “The meaning of life is to get meaning for life.” – Wayne Dyer
23. “You must become the producer, director and actor in the unfolding story of your life.” – Wayne Dyer
24. “The quickest method for understanding and living your purpose, is to ask yourself if you're thinking in loving ways.” – Wayne Dyer
25. “Love is my gift to the world. I fill myself with love, and I send that love out into the world.” – Wayne Dyer
26. “Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” – Wayne Dyer
27. “Rather than looking for miracles, shift to seeing everything as miraculous.” – Wayne Dyer
28. “Remind yourself daily that there is no way to happiness; rather, happiness is the way.” – Wayne Dyer
29. “The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.” – Wayne Dyer
30. “The Universe provides abundantly when you are in a state of gratefulness.” – Wayne Dyer
31. “…(L)ife gives exams and unless you learn from your mistakes you are doomed to repeat them.” – Wayne Dyer
32. “Listen to your music, and do what you know you have to do to feel whole, to feel complete, and to feel as if you’re fulfilling your destiny. You’ll never be at peace if you don’t get that music out and let it play. Let the world know why you’re here, and do it with passion.” – Wayne Dyer
33. “When you come to another with love in your heart, asking nothing, only offering that love, you create miraculous relationships.” – Wayne Dyer
34. “Death is nothing to fear. It is only another dimension.” – Wayne Dyer
35. “Opening to the power of intention, you begin knowing that conception, birth and death are all natural aspects of the energy field of creation.” – Wayne Dyer
36. “The only thing you need to learn is that you already are what you are seeking to attain.” – Wayne Dyer
“The only thing you need to learn is that you already are what you are seeking to attain.” – Wayne Dyer
37. “Love and love alone dissolves all negativity, not by attacking it, but by bathing it in higher frequencies, much as light dissolves darkness by its mere presence.” – Wayne Dyer
38. “The falls of our life provide us with the energy to propel ourselves to a higher level.” – Wayne Dyer
39. “The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.” – Wayne Dyer
40. “Choose to see death as simply removing a garment or moving from one room to another… It's merely a transition.” – Wayne Dyer
41. “Enjoy everything in your life, but never make your happiness or success dependent on an attachment to any person, place or thing.” – Wayne Dyer
42. “Expressing gratitude for the miracles in your world is one of the best ways to make each moment of your life a special one.” – Wayne Dyer
43. “Love is my gift to the world. I fill myself with Love and I send that Love out into the world. How others treat me is their path, how I react is mine.” – Wayne Dyer
44. “Know that success and inner peace are your birthright, that you are a child of God and as such that you're entitled to a life filled with joy, love and happiness.” – Wayne Dyer
“Know that success and inner peace are your birthright, that you are a child of God and as such that you're entitled to a life filled with joy, love and happiness.” – Wayne Dyer
45. “Every single person who's drifted in and out of your life is part of your Divinely chosen experience. So, give thanks for all of these people, and take serious note of what they brought you.” – Wayne Dyer
46. “Send out love and harmony, put your mind and body in a peaceful place, and then allow the Universe to work in the perfect way that it knows how.” – Wayne Dyer
47. “Enjoying life is far superior to being graded on your performance in life.” – Wayne Dyer
48. “Live in the highest state of silent knowing, that place deep within you that can’t be communicated to any other.” – Wayne Dyer
49. “Live with freedom and simplicity.” – Wayne Dyer
50. “With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Wayne Dyer
51. “As you awaken to your Divine nature, you'll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch and experience.” – Wayne Dyer
52. “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having success in your life.” – Wayne Dyer
53. “I have a suit in my closet with the pocket cut out. It's a reminder to me that I won't be taking anything with me. The last I wear won't need any pockets.” – Wayne Dyer
54. “What you feel is wrong or missing in your relationships is an indication that something is amiss within you.” – Wayne Dyer
55. “Eternity is now. Right now, right here, you're and infinite being. Once you get past the fear of death as an end, you merge with the infinite and feel the comfort and relief that this realization brings.” – Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer passed away on August 29, 2015. He was 75 years old. Dyer left the world with a wonderful legacy through his works.
Even today, many people are inspired by Dyer’s writings, podcasts, and videos. They search for their purpose, create their own miracles, and achieve more than they initially believed they could.
If you’re interested in understanding your life’s purpose, in addition to reading Dyer’s works, I recommend you check out the post What Is Your Why? It is your step-by-step guide to finding what you are really meant to do in life.
Finally, the artworks that you find in this post are printable and shareable. We’d appreciate a share through your favorite social media platform.
(Image of Wayne Dyer by Phil Konstantin.)