There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Are you afraid of change?
Do you find yourself resisting situations that throw your life out of balance?
Actually, change is inevitable.
Whether we want it to happen or not, change is the only constant in life.
We encounter change that is very challenging. Some change can be dramatic. Other changes are uncomfortable.
So, what can we do about it?
We have two choices: continue resisting it or learn to embrace change.
Resisting change is an exercise in futility. Our very existence is proof that change is at work in all aspects of our being.
But why do some people continue to fight against change?
Psychologists have identified fear as the main reason people cannot accept change. People are afraid of the uncertainty that change forces upon their lives.
But see here…. Change is actually a good thing.
Change forces you to grow as a person. It forces you to evaluate where your priorities in life are and what you hold dear.
So, change is an opportunity for you to develop a stronger character.
But how should you accept change?
First, this article will show you how to embrace change. Then will focus on the best inspirational quotes about change to get you motivated to accept a positive mindset about change.
Let's get to it….
How to Embrace Change:
- Keep still. Don't fight it. Let change happen. By keeping still, you give yourself the opportunity to see the next step you must make, giving priority to what you feel is important. It does not literally mean to just sit and do nothing.
- Accept that the change is here to stay. Often, when change occurs in our lives, we rebel against tnew ideas. This is human nature. Quiet your mind to the instant urge to view change negatively. Walking meditation and meditative journaling are two ways to quiet the mind in the midst of change.
- Feel your growing strength. It is good to know that you are the one who will benefit the most from change. Track how you’ve become stronger physically and emotionally through the change that you’ve gone through or are still going through.
- Learn to appreciate what is given to you. When you recognize all the good that has come into your life through change, you no longer have to be afraid of it.
In this post, we handpicked 53 inspirational quotes about change and how to embrace it. It is our way of showing support for your efforts in moving forward in life despite obstacles thrown your way.
Today we feature embracing change quotes, inspirational quotes about change, quotes about change and moving on, positive quotes about change, and quotes about change in life.
Let’s start off with the embracing change quotes. May you find inspiration in the words of the wise to speed you on your way forward in your own life.
Embracing Change Quotes
- “Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.”– Dalai Lama
- “A scholar who loves comfort is not fit to be called a scholar.”– Confucius
- “A wise man adapts himself to circumstances, as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it.”– Chinese Proverb
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”– George Bernard Shaw
- “Resistance is never the agent of change. You have to embrace the actions that are going to get you closer to your goal.”– Ali Vincent
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
- “The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.”– Nathaniel Branden
- “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
- “You can live your dreams if you can embrace change. It's by taking chances that you'll learn how to be brave.”– Nikita Koloff
- “It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”– Charles Darwin
There are times when we do know that change is necessary but we feel or think that it should come from someone else.
It is important to realize that it is within us to initiate change in order to achieve what we want in life. This is called accountability.
It is essential that we master this virtue. And where else can we get the hands-on experience of developing accountability than when we are making changes to get the life we truly want?
Below are a collection of inspirational quotes about change that will give you the encouragement you need.
Inspirational Quotes About Change
- “If you know what you want to achieve in life, then you are more inspired to change for the better.” – Philip Vang
- “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.”– Jim Rohn
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”– Barack Obama
- “If change is constant, then learning must also be continual.”– Meir Liraz
- “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.”– George Eliot
- “Look for solutions, instead of being difficult; be more thoughtful, instead of allowing anger to burn you out. Look at things from a different perspective, embrace change, look out for opportunities and you will feel much more in control.”– Steve Backley
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”– Socrates
- “We can not become what we need to by remaining what we are.”– Oprah Winfrey
- “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”– Abdul Kalam
Sometimes, after a relationship ends, we find ourselves stuck and wondering how we can get on with life now that a special someone is no longer part of it.
You are not alone in this. Others have walked the path as well and were able to move on. When we let go of the past, the healing begins.
Here is a series of quotes about change and moving on to help speed you on your way to healing. Remember, considering that change is a constant, then the pain you feel today will also pass.
Quotes about Change and Moving On
- “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.”– Cherokee Proverb
- “A mandatory requirement for dealing with any challenge is your ability to deal with change. If you can't handle changes, then you won't be able to handle challenges either.”– Sumeet Jain
- “Changing your mindset may change the situation.”– Lisa Rusczyk
- “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”– Raymond Lindquist
- “You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.”– Tori Amos
You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.”– Tori Amos
- “Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.”– Denis Waitley
- “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is a painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.”– Mandy Hale
- “Time flies, people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.”– Unknown
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.”– Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.”– Bill Clinton
We already discussed how uncomfortable, dramatic, and painful change can be.
The following collection of positive quotes about change reminds you that this is the very stuff life is made of.
We are invited to step out of our comfort zones in order to grow and become stronger, better than what we were yesterday.
These words from the wise remind us that regardless of the hardships, it will be all worth it.
Positive Quotes about Change
- “The art of life is a constant readjustment to our surroundings.”– Kakuzo Okakaura
- “Every day is another chance to change your life.”– Unknown
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.”– Steve Maraboli
- “Small changes often will result in a huge overall change eventually.”– Clodagh Swanson
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”– Albert Einstein
- “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.”– Tao Te Ching
- “When life seems hopeless, rearrange things for a dose of dopeness.”– Kid Cudi
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”– Maya Angelou
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”– Maya Angelou
How are you, so far?
What changes have you recently encountered?
As for me, I’ve arrived at a point in my life that I am comfortable with change. It took me decades to get here. Yet, there are still times when I resist it at first but yield at the last moment.
The following quotes about change in life hammer the message home of the inevitability of change.
Quotes on Change in Life
- “Change before you have to.”– Jack Welch
- “Change can either challenge or threaten us. Your beliefs pave your way to success or block you.”– Marsha Sinetar
- “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.”– Helen Hollick
- “How do I renew my mind? By replacing the bad with the good. By changing your point of view.” – Grant Dean
- “Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change.”– Arthur Burt
- “If you wait, all that happens is you get older.”– Larry McMurtry
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”– Elbert Hubbard
- “To get from where we don't want to be to where we do want to be requires two things: time and a change of direction.”– Andy Stanley
- “We are restless because of incessant change, but we would be frightened if change were stopped.”– Lyman Lloyd Bryson
- “Making a big life change can be scary but living with regret is always scarier.”– Unknown
Making a big life change can be scary but living with regret is always scarier.”– Unknown
- “Play to your strengths. If you aren’t great at something, do more of what you’re great at.” – Jason Lemkin
- “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
- “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
- “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” – Eckhart Tolle
Final Thoughts on Inspirational Quotes about Change
How do you deal with change?
We’d love to hear your answer. Please share your thoughts and experiences with changes in your life in the comments below.
If any of the inspirational quote images featured in this post resonated with you, a share through your social media platform (Facebook, IG, etc.) is greatly appreciated.
May you find true happiness in life.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 55 Change Your Mindset Quotes
- 81 Buddha Quotes on Happiness, Life, Love, Death, and Change
- 63 Inspirational Quotes About Life and Happiness
- Embrace the Suck Meaning & 8 Lessons to Use in Your Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..