There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
It’s not just adults that need a boost from time to time.
Being a kid is great, as life is often full of excitement, adventure, exploration, and curiosity. However, there are also hurdles to overcome, which might seem trivial to adults – but going to your first swimming lesson is no small deal!
Let’s talk a bit more about the power of positive quotes for kids.
Why Positive Quotes for Kids Make Great Learning Tools
Words are powerful and kids have brains like sponges. As a parent or guardian, it can be tough to see kids struggle, and not all kids are eager to talk about any challenges they face.
Just like adults, kids can have moments where they doubt themselves, fall victim to procrastination, or are perhaps struggling to get to grips with something that their friends or sibling gets easily.
These positive quotes for kids can help you find some words of comfort for those moments of doubt.
Growing up is never easy, no matter who you are or where you’re coming from there will be challenges to overcome. Life works that way for everyone (even the ones who look like everything comes easily).
So, if you’re a parent and you think your kid is struggling, it’s nearly always better to approach things as consciously as possible.
If you’re young and looking for encouragement, you should know it’s perfectly ok to feel down, to feel like you’re falling behind, or just generally feel frustrated. These challenges make you the person you’re supposed to be.
65 Positive Quotes to Inspire & Motivate Kids
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” – Natalie Portman
- “You’re off to great places. Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
- “One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.” – Knute Rockne
- “Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.” – George Allen, Sr.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.” – George Allen, Sr.
- “If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.” – Carl Lewis
- “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts. ” – Albert Einstein
- “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” – Pele
- “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
- “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” – Nina Dobrev
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” – Matt Biondi
- “It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J. K. Rowling
- “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before. ” – Bonnie Blair
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
- “I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.”- Mia Hamm
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “Be silly, be honest, be kind.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne/Christopher Robin
You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne/Christopher Robin
- “Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.” – Jim Rohn
- “Anything is possible. Anything can be.” – Shel Silverstein
- “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – J.K. Rowling
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The time is always right to do what is right.”- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Just because something feels scary doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. Fear does not equal danger.” – Amy Morin
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”- Dr. Seuss
- “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.” – Jesse Jackson
- “Sometimes you will be in control of your illness and other times you’ll sink into despair, and that’s OK! Freak out, forgive yourself, and try again tomorrow.” – Kelly Hemingway
- “Change the world by being yourself.” – Amy Poehler
- “Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.” – Henry Ford
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”- Maya Angelou
- “If you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you will learn. Oh, the most wonderful stuff.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “It doesn’t matter what your background is or where you came from. If you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.” – Serena Williams
- “When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” – George Washington Carver
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
- “Unless you try to do something beyond what you’ve already mastered, you will never grow.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ” – Ernest Hemingway
Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E. E. Cummings
- “You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have.” – Jim Rohn
- “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.”- Babe Ruth
- “Growing up is losing some illusions in order to acquire others.” – Virginia Woolf
- “A positive attitude can really make dreams come true – it did for me.” – David Bailey
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”- Nelson Mandela
- “Be true to your work, word, and your friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.”- Walt Disney
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Champions keep playing ’til they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “Never say never, because limits, like fear, are just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
- “Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there!” – Will Rogers
- “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
- “Great things happen a little at a time.” – Mark Black
- “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
- “Just the will to give or lend, This will make you someone’s friend.” – Edgar A Guest
- “Always do your best when you are at school and even when you do family chores.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “When you share your experiences with other people, you help take away their fears.” – Rick Warren
- “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien
- “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Ruth Bader Ginsberg
Final Thoughts on Positive Quotes for Kids
In the stress and business of our adult lives it can be easy to forget that developing minds in your life also have their own struggles to contend with.
Words have the power to build minds or break them down, and as such we hope this quote compendium helps inspire and motivate anyone who reads them.
For more like this, check out these articles:
- 43 Classic Stoic Philosophy Quotes and Sayings
- 37 Journaling Quotes to Draw Out Your Deep Inner Thoughts
- 75 Adventure Quotes to Inspire Your Next Trip
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.