There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you spend your days planning your next great sojourn into the unknown, or are you looking for motivation to leave the couch behind and see more of the world?
The world is a vast, beautiful place full of mystery, intrigue, and completely alien cultures to explore and understand. The memories people make from travel can sustain them for a lifetime, so it’s no surprise that some people become addicted to the adventure.
In today’s post, we’ll be sharing some adventure quotes to help make your next trip the greatest yet.
Exploring the unfamiliar is an instinct all human beings have on a distinct level. While not everyone wants to be constantly on the road, at some point in your life you’ve probably had the urge to go somewhere new to you.
There probably isn’t a bucket list around that doesn’t have some kind of adventure-related goal on it.
If you’re young, seeing other parts of the world can be incredibly formative, it broadens your perspective, helps you appreciate your home more, and is one of the best ways to build self-confidence.
For the older crowd, traveling somewhere new can be a great way to make retirement more fulfilling or it can be a good way to shake things up and just do something a little different. Sometimes that’s just what the soul needs.
Nothing makes us more present in the moment than being in a new place.
However, sometimes you have to get yourself in the mood to travel, especially if you're bogged down in the business of life.
Thinking about your next escape abroad is a great way to motivate yourself for the year, which is exactly what our collection of adventure quotes will help you achieve.
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving.” – Lao Tzu
- “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
- “A life lived in fear is a life half lived.” – Spanish Proverb
- “Day by day, one by one. It is the here and now that counts. What comes next is uncertain in any case. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Ueli Steck
- “Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.” – Mark Twain
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.” – Mark Twain
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
- “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn’t even think to ask.” – Jeff Johnson
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery – air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “Travel is not really about leaving our homes, but leaving our habits.” – Pico Iyer
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
- “Wilderness is not a luxury but necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
- “Go out in the woods, go out. If you don’t go out in the woods, nothing will ever happen, and your life will never begin.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- “I feel the need to endanger myself every so often.” – Tim Daly
- “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
- “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
- “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
- “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure.” – Drew Houston
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams
- “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
- “Be as I am – a reluctant enthusiast….a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure.” – Edward Abbey
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “I travel because I’d rather look back at my life, saying ‘I can’t believe I did that’ instead of ‘if only I had’.” – Florine Bos
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
- “You do not need to fly to the other side of the planet to find wilderness and beauty.” – Alastair Humphreys
- “Adventure is a path. Real adventure, self-determined, self-motivated, often risky, forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world.” – Mark Jenkins
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
- “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
- “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” – Marty Rubin
Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” – Marty Rubin
- “The mountains, the forest, and the sea, render men savage; they develop the fierce, but yet do not destroy the human.” – Victor Hugo
- “All good things are wild and free.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” – Steve Pavlina
- “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
- “All great adventures have moments that are really crap.” – Ellen Potter
- “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
- “There are 30,000 days in your life. When I was 24, I realized I’m almost 9,000 days down. There are no warm-ups, no practice rounds, no reset buttons. Your biggest risk isn’t failing. It’s getting too comfortable.” – Drew Houston
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
- “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
- “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
- “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy – I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Arthur L. Williams Jr.
- “A traveler is really not someone who crosses ground so much as someone who is always hungry for the next challenge and adventure.” – Pico Iyer
- “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.” – Karen Blixen
- “In the mountains there is the promise of… something unexplainable. A higher place of awareness, a spirit that soars. So we climb…” – Rob Parker
- “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.” – A.A Milne
When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.” – A.A Milne
- “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
- “I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I’m not afraid to look behind them.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Alfred Wainwright
- “Adventure is not outside man; it is within.” – George Eliot
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Aristophanes
- “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan Mcgregor
- “To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live” – Tenzing Norgay
- “I do not have the slightest clue what I am doing…that’s the adventure…I stopped worrying about it…that’s the beauty.” – Jason King
- “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
- “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Success, to me, doesn’t primarily mean reaching the summit, but rather living up to my own expectations” – David Lama
Success, to me, doesn’t primarily mean reaching the summit, but rather living up to my own expectations” – David Lama
- “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
- “The greatest discovery in life is self-discovery. Until you find yourself, you will always be someone else. Become yourself.” – Myles Munroe
- “No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.” – Lewis Carroll
- “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth
- “The word adventure has gotten overused. For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” – Yvon Chouinard
- “The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.” – Christopher McCandless
- “When was the last time you did something for the first time?” – John C. Maxwell
- “Kids are curious, and if you don’t lose that, then everything is an adventure.” – Diane Greene
- “The best view comes after the hardest climb.” – Anonymous
- “You only ever grow as a human being if you’re outside your comfort zone.” – Scott Jurek
- “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” – J.K. Rowling
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” – Paul Coelho
We hope you’re feeling enthusiastic about your next getaway. The possibility of adventure is one of the greatest gifts of being alive, and while it can be scary to step into the unknown, it’s also often where the greatest treasure is.
To inspire your next adventure, check out these articles:
- 9 Steps to Make a Bucket List of Your Dreams
- 35 Inspirational Quotes About Living in the Moment
- Happiness Quotes: 81 Quotes About Happiness and Finding Joy in Life
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.