There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Looking for quotes to help convince you to step out of your comfort zone?
Constantly embracing what is familiar has its advantages, and scholars have identified some of these benefits:
But staying in your comfort zone for too long can also prevent personal growth. You miss out on opportunities to gain rewards for successfully overcoming risks. Skills that you already possess can also stagnate, as there isn’t any way to develop or enhance them.
What Can Happen When You Step Out of Your Comfort Zone?
Making it a habit to step out of your comfort zone enhances your experience of living.
Specifically, when you allow yourself to dip into the unfamiliar waters, you reap the following benefits:
We’re sharing the following comfort zone quotes to convince you to take action. They’re here to tell you about the exciting things waiting just outside the bubble. The only thing left to do is for you to read them and then venture out.
- “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The further you get away from yourself, the more challenging it is. Not to be in your comfort zone is great fun.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “The only thing that is stopping you from where you are to where you want to go is your comfort zone.” – Dhaval Gaudier
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We want to take ourselves out of our comfort zones; when you’re in your comfort zone for so long, you only play to a certain level.” – Toni Duggan
- “Your comfort zone is your danger zone.” – Greg Pitt
- “Step out of your comfort zone. Comfort zones, where your unrealized dreams are buried, are the enemies of achievement. Leadership begins when you step outside your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “We're all risk averse creatures, aren't we? Like turtles, hiding in our little shells, trying to protect ourselves – never quite realising that we're protecting ourselves from the good stuff as well as the bad.” – Debbie Johnson
- “We want to take ourselves out of our comfort zones; when you’re in your comfort zone for so long, you only play to a certain level.” – Leslie Evans
- “When we get too comfortable, we stop dreaming.” – Joyce Raychelle
- “Stepping outside your comfort zone is supposed to feel uncomfortable because we’re in new and unfamiliar territory. Being uncomfortable is a sign of success, NOT of failure! So if we are uncomfortably outside our comfort zones, then that means we are growing!!! And THAT is cause for celebration!” – Roz Savage
- “Before anything great is really achieved, your comfort zone must be disturbed.” – Ray Lewis
- “Most everything that you want is just outside your comfort zone.” – Jack Canfield
- “The comfort zone is nothing else but a graveyard for your dreams & ideas.” – Anonymous
- “You need to get out of your comfort zone to make connections with new ideas. If you don’t have that grit and resilience to embrace a growth mindset, you might never get a taste of what it feels like to be successful.” – Ifeoluwa Egbetade
- “The scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar.” – Confucius
- “A man grows most tired by standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- “The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity; moving beyond it necessitates intuition, which in turn configures new perspectives and conquers fears.” – Dan Stevens
- “Sometimes the path of least resistance leads us to a place of great indifference.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “You can't reign in obscurity; you can't shine in your comfort zone.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
- “The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” – Charles F. Glassman
The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “We cannot expect to grow if we are too afraid or unwilling to change and face challenges. When we exit our everyday, mundane lifestyles to do something different we can experience growth, undiscovered strength, and new abilities within ourselves.” – Ashley Ormon
- “Comfort zone has the most comfortable bed in life where dreams become alive in your mind but never become a reality because you never get up from bed to make it happen.” – Oscar Bimpong
- “If you’re in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out, Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.” – Author Unknown
- “If we stay where we are, where we're stuck, where we're comfortable and safe, we die there… When nothing new can get in, that's death.” – Anne Lamott
- “Engaging in activities devoid of difficulty, lounging in risk-free zones, is life without great meaning.” – Jon M. Huntsman
- “Nobody ever died of discomfort, yet living in the name of comfort has killed more ideas, more opportunities, more actions, and more growth than everything else combined. Comfort kills!” – T. Harv Eker
- “Hitting your comfort zone's boundaries is simply a sign that you're about to have the chance to grow.” – Clare Josa
- “Bad habits are like comfort zones; easier to get into, but harder to get out of.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
- “Sometimes the path of least resistance leads us to a place of great indifference.” – Vironika Tugaleva
- “To the degree we’re not living our dreams, our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.” – Peter McWilliams
- “If your circle doesn't challenge you to grow beyond your comfort zone, then you are definitely in the wrong circle.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “A ship in a harbor is safe, but that’s not what a ship is built for.” – John Augustus Shedd
- “Fight your fear, your laziness, your ignorance before you worry about fighting the competition.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Your world will expand for every step you dare to take outside your comfort zone.” – Maria Irving
- “So you have to force yourself out of a comfort zone and really try to figure out what are the key ingredients, the key skill sets, the key perspectives that are necessary, and then figure out a way to attract the very best people to fill those particular roles.” – Steve Case
Final Thoughts on Comfort Zone Quotes
We hope you enjoyed the collection of comfort zone quotes we shared today.
Do you have any favorites?
Stepping into the unfamiliar can be scary, but staying within a metaphorical safety bubble puts you at the risk of stunting your personal growth.
To help you venture out of your comfort zone, try making small changes every day. (You can start by taking up some of these comfort zone challenges.) Over time, these small changes can stack up until you’ve completely stepped into something new—something that enhances your life.
If you need more encouragement in this area, check out this post for 40+ quotes about habits to change your life.
And if you want more eye-opening quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 35 Boredom Quotes and Sayings for 2023
- 140 Wise Quotes on Life, Love and Friendship
- 65 Self Discipline Quotes to Build Mental Toughness
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..