There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Make 2023 the year you cut the chains holding you back.
There are all kinds of reasons a creative human mind can think up to stop them from going where you want to go. People often fear success just as much as they fear failure.
In today’s post, we’ll be providing you with some “excuses quotes” to help you hit the next great milestone in your life and make 2023 a year of tremendous progress.
Why Excuses Quotes Can Help You Reach The Next Level
Most of the major roadblocks that prevent us from achieving our goals are self-created. Whether through negative self-talk or through a deep-seated fear of changing the status quo, it’s quite surprising just how much energy can be used up in avoiding progress.
You might be a chronic procrastinator or you might simply be unsure how to take the next step forward.
Whatever your favorite excuse is, it’s going to take some honest introspection to discover why you’re holding yourself back.
Another issue is understanding when you’re making excuses that hold you back – it can be hard to know when you’re simply following unconscious patterns of behavior that harm your chances of success in the future.
The way our minds work often depends upon the information that we consume, the more you feed your mind media that shows people beating the odds, the more you read about motivation and success, and the more your mind will help you and not hinder you with excuses.
Excuses quotes can help give you a temporary boost and build a mental framework that challenges any beliefs, behaviors, or attitudes that might be contributing to slowing your success down.
35 Stop Making Excuses Quotes to Move Forward in 2023
- “The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other finds an excuse.” – John Templeton
- “It is absolutely essential to your personal and professional development to understand that, anything you let get in the way of applying yourself to your goals is only an excuse!” – Jay Rifenbary
- “Once your excuses are gone, you’ll simply have to settle for being awesome.” – Lorii Myers
- “Don’t use the past as an excuse to miss out on your future.” – Alan Cohen
- “Ordinary people do not overcome typical obstacles because they are hoping someone will rescue them Ordinary people use excuses while self-leaders sense new opportunities” -. Dr. Loren Murfield
- “Your excuses are just the lies your fears have sold you.” – Robin Sharma
- “And oftentimes excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.” – William Shakespeare
- “Accepting complete responsibility for your life means that you refuse to make excuses or blame others for anything in your life that you're not happy about.” – Brian Tracy
- “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “A real failure does not need an excuse. It is an end in itself.” – Gertrude Stein
- “The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.” – Erica Jong
- “Most people who haven’t reached their potential have a long list of excuses for why they haven’t.” – Jason Harvey
Most people who haven’t reached their potential have a long list of excuses for why they haven’t.” – Jason Harvey
- “An excuse is a skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.” – Billy Sunday
- “If you think that it is not the right time to move forward with an idea, you may be engaging in the ‘excuse syndrome' where any excuse will be good enough to dissuade you from acting.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “We have more ability than willpower, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible.” – Francois De La Rochefoucauld
- “A lie is an excuse guarded.” – Jonathan Swift
- “During my 70+ years of being on a constant excursion in life, searching for all the things my curiosity leads me to, I have concluded that the word excuse needs to be banished from our vocabulary.” – Ida Crawford Stewart
- “Excuses are the nails used to build the house of failure.” – Jim Rohn
- “Pessimism is an excuse for not trying and a guarantee to a personal failure.” – William J. Clinton
- “Excuses are contagious and they can grow on people. If you asked the 100 most successful people and asked them what they think of excuses, they all would express their dislike for excuses and those who make them because they know that everything is based off of results.” – Anwar Williams
- “However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” – Marilu Henner
However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” – Marilu Henner
- “He who excuses himself, accuses himself.” – Gabriel Meurier
- “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
- “Winning becomes addicted to you when you destroy all the excuses of giving up.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Uncalled for excuses are practical confessions.” – Charles Simmons
- “An excuse is nothing more than a self-imposed roadblock.” – C.C. Chapman
- “Excuses and comfort are tools for fools.” – Santosh Kumar
- “We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “Don’t make excuses. Make things happen. Make changes. Then make history.” – Doug Hall
- “For every excuse, there is a solution.” – Matt Kepnes
- “The BIG BUTTS of life are the excuses, roadblocks, illusions, and distractions that are keeping you from experiencing success, joy, peace, prosperity, and achievement in your life.” – Rick Butts
- “An excuse is a way of promising ourselves that we will have the same issue again.” – Henry Cloud
An excuse is a way of promising ourselves that we will have the same issue again.” – Henry Cloud
- “Small, minded people rarely have ideas, just a litany of excuses and complaints.” – RJ Intindola
- “Don't make excuses – make good.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “The worse enemy you can fight is the one that you are hiding behind your excuses” – Manuel Corazzari
Final Thoughts on Excuses Quotes
Excuses can be your own worse enemy if you allow them to run your life unchecked. We hope these quotes have provided you with some food for thought about how you’re going to approach 2023.
Thank you for reading, and for more posts on achieving greater things in 2023 check out the articles below:
- 51 Successful People Who Didn’t Go to or Finish College
- 100 Perseverance Quotes to Help You Never Give Up
- 65 Productivity Affirmations to Master Your Workload
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.