There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Looking for quotes about growing up?
Parenting can a bittersweet experience. One day you’re raising tiny humans who barely know how to properly hold a spoon, then the next time you look, they’re grown up and demanding independence. They’re ready to take on the world and its challenges, an to live life on their own.
You wonder how time could have passed so quickly.
In this article we share a collection of growing up quotes to honor the time and the love you share with your children.
May these quotes from parents, educators, philosophers, movie personalities, and authors inspire you to celebrate milestones in your parenting journey and in your children’s lives.
- “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you’re in diapers; the next day you’re gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul.” – Kevin [The Wonder Years]
- “Everyone thinks you make mistakes when you're young. But I don't think we make any fewer when we're grown up.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun.” – Nina Dobrev
“Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun.” – Nina Dobrev
- “In this day and age, some turn 18 and think they're a man or a woman and that's it, but that's just not true. You have to establish your manhood or your womanhood with actions.” – Orlando McGuire
- “Don’t grow old to give up and don’t give up growing up.” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
- “I think she is growing up, and so begins to dream dreams, and have hopes and fears and fidgets, without knowing why or being able to explain them.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.” – Chili Davis
- “You are growing into consciousness, and my wish for you is that you feel no need to constrict yourself to make other people comfortable.” – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- “We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves.” – May Lamberton Becker
- “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
- “Age is a necessary but insufficient requirement for growing up. There are immature old people, and there are appropriately mature young people.” – Henry Cloud
- “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
- “Most people don't grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.” – Maya Angelou
- “As children, we don't get to pick the ways in which we're loved. But then we grow up, and if we're smart and prepared and very determined, every once in a while we actually do get the life we wanted.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t try to make me grow up before my time.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.” – P. J. O’Rourke
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t try to make children grow up to be like you, or they may do it.” – Russell Baker
- “Children who grow up with plenty can learn to give, just as children who grow up receiving love can learn to express it.” – Fred Rogers
- “The trick is growing up without growing old.” – Casey Stengel
“The trick is growing up without growing old.” – Casey Stengel
- “Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever.” – Dylan O’Brien
- “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh – at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore
- “One sign of maturity is the ability to be comfortable with people who are not like us.” – Virgil A. Kraft
- “Growing up is hard, love. Otherwise everyone would do it.” – Kim Harrison
- “I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” – Lewis Carroll
- “If you’re gonna screw up, do it while you’re young. Older you get, the harder it is to bounce back.” – Winston Groom
- “Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Newman
- “You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Let's learn to grow up, before we grow old.” – Martin H. Manser
“Let's learn to grow up, before we grow old.” – Martin H. Manser
- “You read and write and sing and experience, thinking that one day these things will build the character you admire to live as. You love and lose and bleed best you can, to the extreme, hoping that one day the world will read you like the poem you want to be.” – Charlotte Eriksson
- “That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget.” Walt Disney
- “Young alienation, disappointment and heartache is all a part of the first real growing up that we do.” – Judd Nelson
- “Born to be wild – live to outgrow it.” – Lao Tzu
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “If you are to be, you must begin by assuming responsibility.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.” – Carl Jung
- “Turning I would to I did is the grammar of growing up.” – Anthony Marra
“Turning I would to I did is the grammar of growing up.” – Anthony Marra
- “If your life is a blank page, that only means you have room to write your story. You have the power to tell that story the way you want to.” – Thea Harrison
- “Growing up is, at heart, the process of learning to take responsibility for whatever happens in your life. To choose growth is to embrace a love that heals.” – bell hooks
- “It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually.” – M. Scott Peck
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- “I want to be the best version of myself for anyone who is going to someday walk into my life and need someone to love them beyond reason.” – Jennifer Elisabeth
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – e. e. cummings
- “Sometimes you have to grow up before you appreciate how you grew up.” – Daniel Black
Final Thoughts on Quotes About Growing Up
Seeing your children reach developmental milestones can fill you with happiness and pride, but it can also bring tinges of sadness. You realize that your kids are growing up, and soon they will be out in the world, totally independent and having their own adventures.
May these quotes about growing up inspire you to raise your kids well and cherish the memories of their younger years.
If you are interested in more parenting resources, you can check the posts listed below. They are all packed with helpful information regarding parenthood:
If you love any of the artwork featured today, we’d appreciate a share through your favorite social media platform.
And if you want more eye-opening quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 51 Best Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids
- 67 Positive Energy Quotes to Attract Good Things in Your Life
- 35 Inspirational Quotes About Living in the Moment
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..