There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
The start of every new year is an opportunity to rise to new heights.
If you’re feeling unmotivated or lacking in that push to get up and get moving, then our success quotes for men collection has got your back.
While the 2020s haven’t been the easiest time for everyone, the time is now to push ahead and make 2023 the year where you conquer your goals.
No matter if you’re young or old, wet behind the ears, or a grizzled veteran, there will be times when you aren’t feeling 100 percent.
Perhaps you’re feeling lost and lacking direction? Spending some time planning and goal setting will work wonders for you.
Life isn’t always fair and you might feel like you’ve taken more than your fair share of hard knocks, but nobody can dictate the ups and downs of life, and sometimes you just have to tough it out and go on the best you can.
Sometimes your mojo is less than usual, and there’s nothing better than a fiery speech to get you amped up for the battles ahead.
However, if you prefer to prepare and reflect through the medium of the written word, then these success quotes for men will have you ready to conquer a kingdom by the time you get to the end of the list below.
Don’t forget, everyone man you know is fighting his own battles, don’t hesitate to ask for advice – it’s always smart to get wisdom from someone who’s already been where you are now. And there always is someone around you who has.
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it’s done right.” – Walt Disney
- “A great man is hard on himself; a small man is hard on others.” – Confucius
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- “Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.” – Franklin Jones
- “What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?” – Paarthurnax
- “I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it, and make trial after trial, until it comes.” – Thomas Edison
- “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though t’were his own.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “Man is what he believes.” – Anton Chekhov
- “The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.” – G-Man
- “The secret to success is to know something nobody else knows.” – Aristotle Onassis
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- A man can be destroyed but not defeated.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “A person can achieve everything by being simple and humble.” – The Vedas
- “Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer.” – Javik
- “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” – Anthony Robbins
- “The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept.” – David Hurley
The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept.” – David Hurley
- “Stick to the basics. Do your job. Avoid stupidity. Speak for yourself. Be attentive to details. Put results ahead of being right. Go to bed smarter than when you woke up.” – Shane Parrish
- “To have become a deeper man is the privilege of those who have suffered.”- Oscar Wilde
- “Wanting something does not give you the right to have it.” – Ezio Auditore
- “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- “It is remarkable how much long-term advantage people like us have gotten by trying to be consistently not stupid, instead of trying to be very intelligent.” – Charlie Munger
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “When you find peace within yourself, you also find peace without.” – Naga Devi
- “A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.” – Halo
- “Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “If you want to save the world, save your little corner of the world.” – Naval Ravikant
- “No gods or kings. Only man.” – Andrew Ryan
- “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
- “Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair.” – John Marston
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
- “I have a plan… attack!” – Iron Man
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that other throw at him.” – David Brinkley
- “Determine that today you will overcome yourself of the day before, tomorrow you will win over those of lesser skill, and later you will win over those of greater skill.”- Miyamoto Musashi
- “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing the goal, and that’s not pulling the trigger.” – Mia Hamm
- The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Jackson
- “If you perform the sacrifice of doing your duty, you do not have to do anything else. Devoted to duty, man attains perfection.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “You can’t break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands.” – The Jackal
- “Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.” – Miyamoto Musashi
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “No one changes the world who isn’t obsessed.” – Billie Jean King
- “My idea of the modern stoic sage is someone who transforms fear into prudence, pain into information, mistakes into initiation, and desire into undertaking.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”- Bruce Lee
- “It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum… and I'm all outta gum.” – Roddy Piper
- “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody.” – Herbert Bayard Swope
- “A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence.” – Sonia Sotomayor
- “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
- “What you aim at determines what you see.” – Jordan Peterson
- “If our lives are already written, it would take a courageous man to change the script.” – Alan Wake
- “If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
- “Anything can make me stop and look and wonder, and sometimes learn.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “To be disciplined or non-disciplined is a choice you make every minute in every hour of your life.” – Russell Gerald Johnston
- “Once you’re calm and fit, you have everything worth having, as the rest just comes and goes.” – Naval Ravikant
- “Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.” – Chief, Animal Crossing
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming.” – Søren Kierkegaard
- “Progress is made in solitude; profit is made in public.” – Sven Schnieders
- “Good men mean well. We just don't always end up doing well.” – Isaac Clarke
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
We hope you’ve enjoyed these success quotes for men. Sometimes all it takes is a few words in the right order to get us fired up and ready to conquer the universe. The essence of success is just to keep going, if you can do that you can have anything you want.
For more on posts about success, check these articles out:
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield: A Review with 10 Recommended Principles
- 63 Self Confidence Quotes to Help You Conquer ANY Challenge
- 75 Famous Winston Churchill Quotes and Sayings
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.