There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Want to learn more about the power of mindset?
Having the right mindset can turn any obstacles or setbacks in your life into opportunities for growth. So if you want to start the year with a completely different set of mental tools then these quotes will help reprogram yourself, and leave unproductive, unsupportive mindsets behind.
Before we bring forth the quotes, let’s talk a little bit more about mindset.
Your mindset is the beliefs and attitudes that you use to make sense of the world around you and yourself. In modern times psychologists like to talk about the difference between a fixed vs growth mindset, for example.
So, why is mindset essential and what can it do for you? How do you develop a more useful and fulfilling mindset?
There are a whole bunch of actions you can take to develop a growth mindset, such as consuming media that sends a positive message (like watching a Rocky film), reading motivational stories of people overcoming the odds, or even quote posts like this.
The thoughts you think also impact your mindset, tell yourself that you can’t achieve something and your mind will make that happen. View your skills and abilities as fixed and unchanging and watch yourself stagnate.
The great thing about being human is that you can consciously determine your mindset. If you grew up around people who put you down you can build yourself a cast-iron mindset that will see you through adversity.
However, it’s important to note that this process takes time. So, you might want to bookmark these change your mindset quotes and come back from time to time. The more stuff about growth or a positive mindset you read, the more your thoughts change to match, and then your actions change to follow your ideas.
What You Will Learn
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “The only person who can transform your life is the one you see every day in the mirror. Be you the one who shapes your own destiny.” – Federico Navarrete
- “Choose the positive. You have choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.” – Bruce Lee
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
- “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.” – Earl Nightingale
- “To change your life, you must change your mindset.” – Brad Turnbull
- “Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weakness … on your powers, instead of your problems.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “Your attitude can either be your best friend who has your best interest at heart or your worst enemy who wants to see you fail, destroy your life, and be miserably unhappy.” – Stephanie Lahart
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
- “Success is a mindset. Let's learn how to create a positive one.” – Beau Norton
- “You’re always one choice away from changing your life.” – Mac Anderson
- “If your mindset is defeated, the results will be the same no matter how often you put up a physical fight” – Mac Duke
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
- “Don’t dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
- “It is in the small decisions you and I make every day that creates our destiny.” – Tony Robbins
- “We think positive thoughts and we become a positive person”. – Andrew Evans
- “Don’t let a bad day, bad people, or bad circumstances stop you from finding the good, being happy and sharing that with others.” – Makyla Burke
- “Conscious discipline creates control and clarity to act intentionally.” – Tony Dovale
- “It is the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” – Claude M. Bristol
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “You’ve got to win in your mind before you win in your life.” – John Addison
You’ve got to win in your mind before you win in your life.” – John Addison
- “Remember that what you are feeling does not reflect your reality! We cannot always control the thoughts that come into our minds, but we can control the thoughts that we dwell on.” – Les Brown
- “Everyday no matter what I face, I can smile and love others.” – Laura Pexton
- “To rise out of poverty you must change your way of thinking. You can’t live in abundance with impoverished thoughts.” – Germany Kent
- “It’s amazing what ordinary people can do if they set out without preconceived notions.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Feed your mind just as you do your body. Feed it with good ideas, wherever they can be found. Always be on the lookout for a good idea; a business idea, a product idea, a service idea, an idea for personal improvement.” – Jim Rohn
- “Get your mind going in the right direction and you'll get your life going in the right direction.” – Joel Osteen
- “If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lesson, you will continue to grow.” – Buddha
- “Your Brain Gains Satiety From What You Feed It Daily, And It Multiplies It More. So Feed It Right!” – Mike Ssendikwanawa
- “No great improvements in the lot of mankind are possible until a great change takes place in the fundamental constitution of their modes of thought.” – John Stuart Mi
- “Whatever your mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. – Napoleon Hill
- “When you master your mind and your deep unconscious abilities, you will move ahead faster and achieve more in a shorter period of time than perhaps you could even imagine today.” – Brian Tracy
- “We don’t always have control over where life brings us but we can control how we choose to respond to new circumstances.” – L Lionel Kendrick
We don’t always have control over where life brings us but we can control how we choose to respond to new circumstances.” – L Lionel Kendrick
- “No man is ever whipped until he quits — in his own mind.” – Napoleon Hill
- “When you become the master of your mind, you are master of everything.” – Swami Satchidananda
- “The mind enables us to shape the world around us and conform it to our wishes, to provide ourselves with warmth, shelter, food, water, protection, sanitation, and medicine.” – Russ Harris
- “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
- “Nothing can stop the person with the right mental attitude from achieving his goals. Nothing on earth can help the person with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
- “Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.” – Dr. Annette Childs
- “Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” – Jameson Fran
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – Aristotle
- “If we allow ourselves to recognize the mystery and the wonder of existence, our fogged minds clear. Thinking clearly, we follow wonder to awe, and in a state of awe, we are as close to true wisdom as we will ever be.” – Dean Koontz
- “The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.” – Lalah Delia
- “Real difficulties can be overcome; It is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore N.Vail
Real difficulties can be overcome; It is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore N.Vail
- “Every thought we think is creating our future.” – Louise Hay
- “When we’re willing to accept our internal experiences and commit ourselves to doing what matters, we create a mental state known as psychological flexibility.” – Giulia Suro
- Being positive in a negative situation is not naïve. It’s leadership.” – Ralph Marston
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
- “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” – Wayne Dyer
- “When reason ends, then anger begins. Therefore, anger is a sign of weakness.” – Dalai Lama
- “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The difference between success and mediocrity is all in the way you think.” –Dean Francis
Changing your mindset in 2023 is one of the best ways that you can take this year and make it into a year of success, growth, and happiness. We really do make our success in our minds first before it gets achieved in the real world.
For more on the growth mindset and how it can benefit you, check out these 27 habits to develop the growth mindset in your life.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.