There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Looking for growth mindset quotes? Want encouragement to continue to learn and improve?
This blog post will help you out. We have 51 of the best quotes about developing a growth mindset.
But before we dig into these quotes, let's make sure we are all on the same page and understand the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
Researcher Carol Dweck led a study thirty years ago to discover the underlying beliefs we tend to have about intelligence and learning. Through this study, Dr. Dweck found out that there are individuals who understand that we can develop our intelligence and abilities; that is, we can grow.
The individuals who possess this understanding were observed to bounce back better from failure, and Dr. Dweck described the attitude they possessed as a “growth mindset. She also used the term “fixed mindset” to describe those who were devastated even with minor setbacks.
What You Will Learn
- What Is the Difference Between a Growth Mindset and a Fixed Mindset?
- How Can a Growth Mindset Benefit You?
- Grit and Growth Mindset Quotes
- Short Growth Mindset Quotes
- Quotes for Developing a Positive Mindset
- Change Your Mindset Quotes
- Growth Mindset Quotes of the Day
- How Does Making a Mistake Help You Grow?
What Is the Difference Between a Growth Mindset and a Fixed Mindset?
If you have a fixed mindset, you tend to believe that your talents, intelligence, and even your habits (whether good or bad) can never be changed.
This belief prevents you from exploring other avenues for problem-solving, makes you avoid new ideas and ways of doing things, and is a major factor for keeping a bad habit even if it is harmful to you.
Of course, the flip side of the coin is a growth mindset. In this way of thinking, new ideas are welcome and even applied; challenges are considered new opportunities for improvement and becoming better, and hard work is acknowledged to be necessary to achieve success.
Today, we feature 51 growth mindset quotes to blast those fixed mindset beliefs. These are grit and growth mindset quotes, short growth mindset quotes, quotes for developing a positive mindset, change your mindset quotes, and growth and mindset quotes of the day.
These words have been carefully curated to reflect the wisdom of the authors. They are here to serve as reminders of what you can achieve when you continue to grow.
May these words inspire you to continue to grow as a person, as well as enjoy the process. First, let’s talk about grit and growth mindset quotes.
How Can a Growth Mindset Benefit You?
A growth mindset is a good way to encourage new information. People become more open to learning. People with a growth mindset often believe that intelligence and the other qualities we are born with make a solid foundation for our future. Here are just a few ways a growth mindset can benefit you in your life:
Grit and Growth Mindset Quotes
- “We ought to relentlessly ignore excuses, especially those we are told by ourselves.”– Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Even if it makes no sense, accept whatever happens and protect your hopes because life wants you to win.” – Wesam Fawzi
“Even if it makes no sense, accept whatever happens and protect your hopes because life wants you to win.” – Wesam Fawzi
- “Because some people see a wall and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it and decide that it’s just the beginning.”– Angeline Trevena
- “What allowed me to take that first step, to choose growth and risk rejection? In the fixed mindset, I had needed my blame and bitterness. It made me feel more righteous, powerful, and whole than thinking I was at fault. The growth mindset allowed me to give up the blame and move on. The growth mindset gave me a mother.”– Carol Dweck
- “You don’t grow through successes; you grow through what you go through.”– Mischaela Elkins
- “I won’t just have a job; I’ll have a calling. I’ll challenge myself every day. When I get knocked down, I’ll get back up. I may not be the smartest person in the room, but I’ll strive to be the grittiest.”– Angela Duckworth
If you have just started applying the concept of a growth mindset in your life, you could benefit from daily prompts and quick reminders to stay on track. Check out this link to get some strategies for getting motivated.
The following short growth mindset quotes (in 10 words or less) are easy to keep in mind and use as your daily personal mantra.
Short Growth Mindset Quotes
- “There are no shortcuts to excellence.” – Angela Duckworth
- “Either find a way or make one!”– Hannibal
- “Life is a progression of becoming who we are.”– J. R. Rim
- “No Do, No Grow.”– Wesam Fawzi
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”– Walt Disney
- “Many limitations exist only in your mind.”– Francis Shenstone
“Many limitations exist only in your mind.”– Francis Shenstone
- “History made when mindset changed.”– Toba Beta
- “Changing your mindset is a game-changer.”– Frank Sonnenberg
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, ‘I’m possible.’”– Audrey Hepburn
- “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”– Kelly Clarkson
- “Becoming is better than being.”– Carol S. Dweck
- “Don’t judge. Teach. It’s a learning process.”– Carol S. Dweck
A fixed mindset can be considered a negative thought pattern. It is based on fear. In the face of challenging situations, the default reaction is to give up rather than see other possibilities.
The following quotes for developing a positive mindset can help you reprogram your thought processes until you can fully embrace the idea of ongoing learning and personal improvement.
Quotes for Developing a Positive Mindset
- “Love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning.”– Carol S. Dweck
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things that you did do. So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.”– Mark Twain
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once in order to win it.”– Margaret Thatcher
“You may have to fight a battle more than once in order to win it.”– Margaret Thatcher
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all.”– Dale Carnegie
- “It’s not always the people who start out the smartest who end up the smartest.”– Carol S. Dweck
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard
- “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time, but it is the ability to resist or use failure that often leads to greater success.”– J. K. Rowling
- “Why waste time proving over and over how great you are when you could be getting better.”– Carol Dweck
- “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The mind is a powerful thing. It can take you through walls.”– Denis Avey
- “Tools of empowerment — heartset and mindset.”– Akosua Dardaine Edwards
- “Yesterday I read, today I learn, and tomorrow I lead.”– David Benedict Zumbo
What is your default mindset?
Do you embrace challenges or throw in the towel every time you encounter a wall?
The video below helps you understand the difference between growth mindset and a fixed mindset more deeply. There are also 11 techniques you can practice developing the habit of a growth mindset in your everyday life.
Sometimes it’s difficult to change an ingrained negative habit or thought pattern. Some people are deterred from changing or going after something they want because of the hard work it entails.
But that’s how things work. Success does not happen overnight. And the road leading up to it is full of challenges and some pitfalls.
It takes grit and determination to get what we truly want.
The following change your mindset quotes remind you what’s required and what will be waiting at the other end if you decide to go after success.
Change Your Mindset Quotes
- “With the right mindset, we can’t lose. We either practice what we’ve learned, or we learn what we need to practice.” – Nuora
- “Open the window of your mind. Allow the fresh air, new lights, and new truths to enter.”– Amit Ray
- “Today, you have the opportunity to transcend from a disempowered mindset of existence to an empowered reality of purpose-driven living. Today is a new day that has been handed to you for shaping. You have the tools, now get out there and create a masterpiece.”– Steve Maraboli
- “Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude. Happiness is in your mind, not in the circumstance.”– Roy Bennett
“Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude. Happiness is in your mind, not in the circumstance.”– Roy Bennett
- “If we only did things that were easy, we wouldn’t actually be learning anything. We’d just be practicing things we already knew.”– David Dockterman
- “Enlightenment begins when you change your mindset — from a blaming mindset to blessing mindset, from a negative mindset to a positive mindset, from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset, from a linear mindset to an exponential mindset.”– Amit Ray
- “Anyone who can’t change his or her mind don’t deserve a mind.”– Nicky Verd
- “The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail, but we aim too low and succeed.”– Michelangelo
- “You are your state of mind. Your state of mind creates your view, or your window, on life.” – Frederick Lenz
- “Keep reminding yourself: I get what I think about, whether I want it or not.”– Wayne Dyer
- “No matter what, people grow. If you choose not to grow, you’re staying in a small box with a small mindset. People who win go outside of that box. It’s very simple when you look at it.”– Kevin Hart
Every day is an opportunity to learn something, whether it’s about us, a new skill, or a new piece of information. If we have a personal growth mindset, we embrace what each new day offers. Check out over 100 new skills you can learn today!
The following growth mindset quotes of the day serve as your daily dose of inspiration as you begin to live and learn with a winning mindset.
Growth Mindset Quotes of the Day
- “This is something I know for a fact: You have to work hardest for the things you love most.”– Carol S. Dweck
- “At fifty-four, I am still in progress, and I hope that I always will be.”– Michelle Obama
- “You failed. But you lived. The sooner you own up to it, the faster you evolve.” – Mimi Ikonn
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”– Confucius
- “The best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.”– Wallace Wattles
- “When people tell me I can’t do something, I have a visceral reflex to say, ‘Yes, I can.’”– Angela Duckworth
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”– Henry Ford
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”– Henry Ford
- “Over and over again, we become lost and un-lost. We become and un-become. This is meant to be. Without our knowing and unknowing, we would have no splendid, epic stories to tell.”– Susan Bocinec
- “You have to apply yourself each day to becoming a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better.”– John Wooden
- “You’re in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way.” – Carol S. Dweck
How Does Making a Mistake Help You Grow?
Instead of looking at mistakes as a negative in our life, we need to turn those mistakes into a positive. We can gain a ton of knowledge from our mistakes, and all we need to have is the willingness to actually learn from them.
With each mistake, we learn what works and what doesn't. We ultimately lose valuable opportunities to gain knowledge and learn lessons without these mistakes. Mistakes are also the building blocks for creative problem solvers, meaning they can boost your creative ability. Use them as your building blocks to learning and perseverance.
Mistakes are vital to our personal development. As Salvador Dali once said, “Have no fear of perfection – you'll never reach it.”
So, there you have it.
Do you have any favorite inspirational growth mindset quotes from the ones featured here today? Feel free to tell us which mindset quote resonated with you the most in the comments below.
Remember that it is within you to create the change you want in your life. It won’t be an easy road to tread, but one that is definitely true to what you hold dear and where you wish to go in life.
More importantly, enjoy the process of your personal evolution and the path toward learning new things.
If you’re interested in understanding more and learning how to develop a growth mindset, click here for more information.
You may wish to reward yourself as you progress into a better version of who you are today and celebrate important achievements. Head over to this post to get tips for rewarding yourself positively after completing a task or goal.
Lastly, if you loved any of the artwork featured here or have an inspirational quote of your own, a share through your favorite social media platform is greatly appreciated.
Here’s to a more successful and happier you!
Finally, if you want to take your goal-setting efforts to the next level, check out this FREE printable worksheet and a step-by-step process that will help you set effective SMART goals.