There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Positive affirmations release you from anxiety, negativity, guilt, fear, and pain.
These mantras are simple messages. Repeated over-and-over and they begin to worm their way into your mind – slowly changing both your thinking and your reality. Sometimes these sayings start as wishful thinking, but they often end up becoming the reality of your life.
In the following post, we have a vast list of the best positive affirmations available. Every picture links to a post with more affirmations and/information on affirmations. I encourage you to check out all the links.
Don't have time to read the entire post. Please feel free to skip to the section of this affirmations post that most interests you using the navigation below.
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are phrases or mantras that you repeat to yourself, which describe a specific outcome or who you want to be. (Learn more about personal mantras in this post.)
At first, these affirmations might not be true, but with constant repetition, your subconscious mind will start to believe them. And eventually, these affirmations will become your reality.
But before we dive into the list of positive affirmations, I want to take one moment to discuss how affirmations work.
Don’t care? Then feel free to skip down to the pretty pictures.
The Science Behind Positive Affirmations
Affirmations do not work by magic. For the most part, they work due to the power of positive thinking. First, affirmations make people receptive to change. Then they assist in bringing the change about.
Studies show it is easier to make positive change when you use daily affirmations. Affirmations prime your brain for change.
The first way affirmations work is by creating less anxiety and stress about the change you are undertaking.
Secondly, they change the way people think about “falling off the wagon” with their change. There is nothing wrong with having an “off day” with a habit change. Unfortunately, many people use this as an excuse to say, “I can't do it” and quit. Daily affirmations give you the motivation to keep going through these tough times.
The biggest method affirmations effect change is due to the science of neuroplasticity. “What is neuroplasticity,” you may wonder? To put it simply, neuroplasticity is the science of rewiring the brain for different thoughts.
Kids do this all the time. And they do it quite easily.
As we grow older, it becomes tougher and tougher to change our thoughts. We become used to our thought patterns. But with conscious effort, you can “rewire” your brain. One of the best ways to do this is by using positive affirmations. (For more on this, here's a course that can help you manifest whatever you want in life.)
How to Develop Positive Thinking
It works like this: your mind thinks a certain way automatically. When you think “diet,” your mind might think thoughts like:
With negative thoughts like these, is there any wonder why it is hard to lose weight?
Affirmations are about making new connections. So, in our weight loss example, rather than connecting to “diet,” we connect to less charged words of “weight loss.”
Let’s analyze a few (random) positive weight loss affirmations.
Get help beating negative thinking by reciting positive affirmation every day.
Over time, when you use these affirmations, your mind begins to equate new words with weight loss. It equates “weight loss” with thoughts like:
A positive attitude is not a guarantee of success. But a negative attitude comes close to a guarantee of failure. So, using affirmations has increased the odds of success.
This same basic theory backs up the power of all affirmations.
Affirmations are not wishful thinking. They use the power of Neuroplasticity. Affirmations change thoughts of doubt and fear to thoughts of confidence and taking action. Neuroplasticity allows the brain to form and reorganize synaptic connections.
How Affirmations Can Banish Negative Thoughts
With each breath you let out, you should also release old, negative thoughts that may be plaguing your mental health. Positive affirmations can help get rid of these negative thoughts that threaten your positivity.
For your affirmations to work, you want to make sure to banish negative thoughts because your underlying feelings may be what is negative. All the negative thoughts you continue to have may start to cancel out any positive thoughts, and the affirmations will feel more like wishful thinking instead of positivity.
How Often Should I Repeat Affirmations
How many times a day, for how many days, and for how long, should you repeat affirmations?
Affirmations should be repeated at least once every day but for no more than three times a day. You should spend at least 5 minutes repeating affirmations, but no more time than 15 minutes per session.
There is no set time to “stop” doing affirmations. You should keep going with your affirmations until you feel you have actualized your goal.
Increasing the time spent on affirmations to greater than 15 minutes 3x a day is simply not worth your time as there is no added benefit.
Now let's get to the examples of affirmations…
Affirmations for Confidence and Self-Esteem
To see the full collection of images. Click on the image and it will take you to the page with the collection of images.
Of all the different areas of your life where positive affirmations can make a difference, the biggest area is in confidence.
As noted earlier, affirmations work by taking negative thoughts, such as doubts, fears, and anxieties and slowly turning them into more positive emotions.
Below are ninety-five positive confidence affirmations that could make a difference in your life. Be sure to click on the linked pictures and check them all out.
- Everything will work out for me.
- I am a winner.
- The tools I need to succeed are in my possession.
- There is nobody better to get the job done than me.
- I have faith in my social skills.
- Other people will not take advantage of me.
- I have confidence in my skills.
- I am not afraid to be wrong.
- Happiness is within my grasp.
- I am confident in the presence of others.
- Success will be my driving force.
- The success of others will not make me jealous. My time will come.
- I will speak with confidence and self-assurance.
- I will say “No” when I do not have the time or inclination to act.
- The only person who can defeat me is myself.
- I dare to be different.
- My every desire is achievable.
- Even outside my comfort zone, I will be comfortable in my own skin.
- If I fail, I will fail forward.
- My confidence knows no limits.
Affirmations for Self Love
Self-love. Perhaps those words sound a bit indulgent to you. They certainly can be indulgent when self-love is found in someone vain and self-centered.
But for most people, self-love is something we don't get enough of. We are often our own worst critics. It is easy to be critical of our own mistakes. And we may be unforgiving when we fail.
If you want to succeed in life, you need to love yourself. Those that want more than anything to find love need to love themselves first.
“Love thyself” is some of the best advice ever written. If you want to do well… in just about anything, you need to love yourself. Positive affirmations are a great way to bolster a flagging of self-love. They will build your confidence in your best asset: yourself.
- I do not need other people for happiness.
- I choose hope over fear.
- Positivity is a choice that I choose to make.
- I will not take other people's negativity personally.
- My commitment to myself is real.
- I am a diamond. It is time for me to shine.
- My opinion matters.
- I am a magnet for love.
- Self-love is a natural state of being.
- I am loved, and I am wanted.
- I will stop apologizing for being myself.
- Negative self-talk has no place in my life.
- I do not bow to my fears.
- My mind, body, and soul are fit and strong.
- I am grateful for the things I have.
Positive Affirmations for Goal Setting
Unless you create goals and plans, all your positive affirmations may end up as is wishful thinking.
Positive thinking is wonderful. It is an important part of success, but even more, you need action to succeed. This is where goal setting comes into play.
When you create goals, it is a step-by-step instruction on the process you will use to reach your desires.
Achieving your desires without goals is like putting together a complicated IKEA assembly project. You may get it done in the end, but it will not be as efficient or easy as if you followed directions.
Goals setting come in two different styles. There are process goals and outcome goals.
Outcome goals are goals what most people think about when they think of goals. They are the end result. They include goals like: “I want to earn one million dollars” and “I want to lose twenty pounds.”
Process goals, on the other hand, are based on steps in the process of reaching your goals. These are goals like: “I want to increase my revenue by 5% every month.” And, “I want to lose 3 pounds every month.”
Personally, I prefer process goals. These goals give you a standard to keep and are much better for tracking than outcome goals.
If you want to improve your goals, I suggest you check out my goal setting worksheets. These free download printables help you track and monitor goals. This increases your chance to succeed in your desires.
If you frequently struggle with your long-term goals, one strategy that can help is to take your long-term goals and break them down into 90 day (or quarterly) goals. Check out the video below to learn about the five-step process for creating quarterly goals that you can actually achieve.
Enough about goal setting. Let's move on to more goal affirmations.
- I will achieve all of my goals.
- My goals are simple and uncomplicated.
- Clients will flock to me.
- My goals are getting closer to completion every day.
- I set clear goals and work to complete them every day.
- I have a plan of action to achieve my desires.
- My priorities are clear. I work to finish my most important tasks first.
- My goals are my focus.
- I only set goals that matter.
- My focus on success is unwavering.
- When my need is strong enough, I will find a way.
- I am committed to becoming the person I will become.
- My mind is like water. I will change and adjust as needed.
- Success is in my future.
- I will master distractions and keep my focus on my goals.
- I must rely upon myself.
- Blame for failure rests upon my shoulders.
- I am my own best chance for success.
- I will accept nothing but the best.
- Success is in my future.
- I am constantly improving.
- I desire to learn new things.
- Where others see a challenge, I see new opportunities.
- I have a growth mindset.
- Time is my friend. I finish all the tasks I need to finish.
- My life is made for joy. I will live with exuberance.
- I will be proactive in discovering obstacles to my accomplishments.
- Mindfulness will help me get the most from my time.
- I take responsibility for my successes and my failures.
- I am not dependent on anyone else.
Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
We all experience anxiety from time-to-time. Anxiety and the fears that drive them are a natural reaction to a big, bad scary world.
Anxiety is natural. It is part of our fight or flight response. Anxiety is our bodies way of telling us that something is going to happen and to get ready to run or club something to death. (Side note: If you're struggling with anxiety or panic attacks, then this free audio can help.)
Unfortunately, our modern society does not allow us to club our problems to death. And running from a board meeting that has you anxious may not be nearly as bad a response.
This means that positive thinking exercises to get rid of your anxious feelings may be one of the best ways to combat anxiety.
Saying your daily motivational messages every day will decrease anxiety and brighten your day. Before we dig into the positive affirmations for anxiety, let's look at some more ways to combat anxiety.
Top 11 Ways to Beat Anxiety
If you are having a tough time with anxiety. Check out this short list of some of the simple things you can do to combat anxiety. Notice using affirmation is one of the methods to defeat anxiety.
If you want to find out more about beating anxiety, check out these great books about stopping anxiety. Otherwise, let's continue on to our positive affirmations for anxiety.
- I follow my dreams with vigor.
- The little things in life make all the difference.
- I enjoy being surrounded by others.
- My fear diminishes as I live my life with courage.
- I can go with the flow.
- I am happy, healthy, and centered.
- Change provides me an opportunity.
- I am calm, patient, and in control of my emotions.
- The more I give, the more I will receive.
- My negative thoughts and self-images are gone.
- My strength is stronger than my anxiety.
- I move beyond stress to peace.
- My thoughts are positive and full of joy.
- I am safe. I trust life, and I trust in myself.
- My life is an adventure.
Positive Affirmations for Women
The following affirmations are designed by women for women. They are positive and designed to help you rise above the trials-and-tribulations of daily life and succeed.
Of course, most of these mantras will also work for men. So, if you are a guy like me, you can also enjoy most of these daily affirmations.
- Good enough is good enough.
- Feelings are not facts.
- I have abundant energy.
- My child is happy and healthy.
- Let go of “what if”
- I will not live in reaction to my child.
- Balance in life is what I strive for.
- I will take time to put myself first.
- I will act after thought, not on instinct.
- Calm is my primary state of being.
- I am content.
- Principles guide me. Not a moments fancy.
- I give myself permission to take personal time.
- Would I expect this of anyone else?
- I am unique and a gift to the world.
Self Affirmations for Work
Work is a common area where many people want to improve and get ahead.
People may want to get promotions in their 9-5 jobs. They may want to find a job that has long term security. They may want a new job where they are challenged and can grow with the company. They may want to turn their side hustle into its own viable business.
There are many reasons why people want to get ahead in business. But the reasons don't matter. Positive daily affirmations will help them to get there.
Obviously and affirmations on their own are not going to increase your productivity at work. However, the increased energy and positive mindset from the affirmations will make a huge impact on your personal productivity.
Much of the success we achieve at work is built around the habits we build into our workday. If these work habits are good ones, then you will do well in any work environment. If you do not have good work habits, your efforts may run hot-and-cold.
If you want to do better at work or your side hustle, I encourage you to check out this post (below) which showcases the best work habits.
Good Workplace Habits to Build a Successful Career
Let's get back to the positive affirmations for work. These affirmations can help remind you the importance of developing good workplace habits that build your career.
- I will work smarter, not harder.
- I am a positive influence, and I surround myself with others like me.
- Time is my most valuable asset. I guard my time carefully.
- Balance is key. I will mix self-care with effort.
- My progress is always moving forward.
- I feel free to give myself the TLC I need.
- Positive energy surrounds me.
- I am a wonderful employee. Any company would be lucky to have me.
- My career will be the one of my dreams.
- When I say “no” to the wrong job, I move that much closer to the perfect career.
- My new business income will continue to increase.
- I am calm and confident.
- New opportunities come easily to me.
- I will attract positive customer.
- When opportunity knocks, I will be prepared to answer the door.
Powerful Affirmations for Success
Success is a bit of a nebulous term. People often refer to it with the idea that success = money. It can be that, but there are many more ways to be successful.
If relationships are your goal, having a happy, healthy family is a success. If travel is your goal, visiting many places and checking off hundreds of items from a vibrant bucket list may be the meaning of success.
There are as many personal definitions of success as there are different people in the world.
Only you know what it means for you to achieve success. Many people are unhappy because they measure themselves using other people's yardsticks for success and perhaps find themselves wanting.
But regardless of what you think of as the measure of success, you can tailor your personal affirmations to help you achieve that.
Try an Affirmation Board on for Size
If you want to achieve success (in whatever area you desire). I recommend you try an affirmation board.
This board is something that should go somewhere you see often. It can be any type of board you can write on or post things on.
- Cork boards
- Dry Erase Boards
- Poster board
- Chalk Board
The simple idea is that you want to put your favorite affirmations on this board and then naturally, throughout your day you will see the affirmations and be reminded of the reasons you strive for success and what you have to do to achieve this success.
If you print out many of the images on this affirmations page, they will make perfect additions to your home affirmation board. Try one out and see how it works for you!
- Money spent comes back to me multiplied.
- I have all the power I need to create the success I desire.
- The universe provides bountiful opportunities for my success.
- I refuse to be distracted from my goals and vision.
- Every day is filled with new ideas and new possibilities.
- Being successful comes easily to me.
- I am worthy of financial stability.
- I am open-minded and willing to explore any path to success.
- Limiting beliefs have no power over me. I am optimistic and open-minded.
- Organization comes naturally to me.
- I control my day; I will not let my day control me.
- My passion for business brings tangible results.
- I will not let others impose their limitations on me.
- I am fully committed to achieving success in my life.
- My only limit is myself.
Positive Daily Affirmations
Here we are in the final section. Positive daily affirmations.
There is no rule on when you should do your affirmations every day. The only important point is that affirmations do become a habit you do every single day. Affirmations gain their power by repetition. If you are not repeating your habits every day, there is little point in even saying your affirmations.
While there is not a “right” time for affirmations, I do think there is a best time, and that time is in the mornings.
The main reason for this is that affirmations are easy to integrate into your normal morning routine. (To learn more, check out this 7-day course on how to create a powerful morning routine.)
The other reason is timing. In the morning, your day is full of potential. Anything can happen.
The day could be a wonderful one, filled with fun and productivity. Or the day could be horrible — one of those days where you constantly feel rushed and accomplish little.
One thing many people do not realize is how much the way your day goes is based upon your attitude. When you wake up happy and in a positive mood, your day will often follow this track because your attitude makes it this way.
Conversely, when you wake up late. A little angry with yourself and rush out the door, the day that follows will seem rushed.
Most of this is about attitude. But remember, by saying positive daily affirmations, we can adjust our attitudes to fit our desires for the day.
So, on those days you wake up in a foul mood it is more important than ever to take 5 minutes of your time and recite some daily affirmations to make a shift in your attitude that could potentially turn a “bad day” into a good one.
- I am prepared for the challenges of the day.
- Today I am filled with positive energy.
- I face the day with calm and patience.
- The thought of facing the day fills me with confidence and positivity.
- I am energized by the thought of a new day.
- I choose happiness for my day.
- My day is full of possibilities and potential.
- My day is a blessing and a gift that I will not waste.
- I trust my inner wisdom to guide me through my day.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- My day is full of potential.
- I will face the day with an open heart and an open mind.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- Today I feel healthy and strong, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- Today I will accomplish great things.
Like these positivity affirmations? You may like some of the inspirational quote posts I have done. Why not give them a quick look for a little bit of inspiration.
Or perhaps to just add some quote post pictures to your Pinterest or Instagram.
Final Thoughts on this List of Positive Affirmations
I hope you enjoyed this large collection of affirmations. I hope you visited all the links and got to see everyone's cool affirmation pictures.
Hopefully, they are more than just something you look at. With so many affirmations to choose from, I hope you found a few that move you and perhaps printed them out and set them to your affirmation board to help avoid negative self-talk. (For more on how to use affirmations and mindfulness, be sure to check out our review of the Grokker app.)
Affirmations and daily positive and happy thoughts can be a great way to get yourself in the proper mindset to achieve your dreams. I hope this page gave you a bit of inspiration.
Let me know what you think about affirmations and this post in the comments below. If you have a favorite positive affirmation, please share it in the comments below. Sharing more affirmations gives people more chances to find the perfect affirmations for their own lives.
So please share your thoughts and personal affirmations about overcoming negative thinking.
If you enjoyed this page, help others find it. Please share this post (or images from this post) on your favorite social media platform.
Want more inspiration? Check out other inspirational quote pages below.