Self Love Affirmations (Large Positive Picture Quotes for Daily Affirmations)
Positive self love affirmations are a keystone to a healthy, happy and successful life.
Self love affirmations are an amazing tool for feeling better about yourself and your place in the universe.
We all have doubts and fears. We all need people to love us. We all feel rejected, hurt and alone at some times in our lives, even if we are surrounded by others.
All of this is natural.
As we take our journey through life we will continuously break and form relationships. We meet new people. Time and distance makes it difficult to stay close to distant friends and family, so old friends often fade away. Even marriages sometimes come and go.
Self love is a love we take with us forever. This is why it is so important to practice positive self love affirmations if you feel that your love of yourself is lacking.
Below are 10 large self love affirmation pictures that will hopefully help you to begin the process of building confidence, trust and self love
I approve of myself. I love myself deeply and fully.
What signs show lack of self love?
- Being withdrawn
- Constantly stressed out
- Hypercritical of yourself and/or others
- Brusque with others
- Feel untrustworthy
- Lots of self doubt
- Worry more about failures than accomplishments
- Only follow, never lead
- Feel unloved and unlovable
I am worthy of love and joy.
You need to love yourself before others can begin to love you.
Relationships with friends, peers, coworkers, lovers, relatives, acquaintances and friends can be meaningful, but all too often they are transient. There is only one person who will always be there for you in life, and that is yourself.
Throughout your life, you will have a relationship with yourself. It is your choice whether this relationship is s contentious, bitter and an angry relationship. Or whether this is a relationship filled with self love.
Self love is a key for a happy life. If you can’t love someone you live with 24/7/365 for your entire life, how can you expect anyone else to love you?
When people lack self love, they open themselves up to all sorts of negative issues. Lack of self-love will lead to a lot more stress in your body. This can cause all forms of physical ailments.
Additionally, people who do not love themselves also open themselves up to a host of psychosomatic ailments. They do not believe they deserve to be healthy and happy, so their minds provide them with illnesses they subconsciously think they deserve.
Lack of love also fosters negativity. People feel they are unworthy of love from others and begin to do things that actually do work to keep others away.
Practicing your self love affirmations on a daily basis will help keep negative self images at bay.
My life is a gift. I will use this gift with confidence, joy and exuberance.
I will surround myself with positive people who will help bring the best out in me.
Reasons Why Positive Self Love Affirmations Work!
Self sabotage comes directly from that simple lack of self-love. This is where self love affirmations can become so important.
Affirmations help us to handle our negative feelings about ourselves. They help to increase self-reliance, help you take action with your life, and build self-confidence and self-esteem.
When you repeat an affirmation over-and-over again it begins to seep into our brains that those affirmations might be true. This helps of re-affirm your internal positive thinking and helps to gradually works to chase away your negativity.
Affirmations also work by creating internal incongruence. When you make an affirmation that is not 100% reality yet, such as “I will get the job promotion I seek” an incongruence happens in your mind. YOU are unsure of whether you will be able to achieve your affirmation, so this creates an incongruence between your successful affirmation and the reality of perhaps not reaching your goal.
This incongruence can only be settled in two manners.
1) Stop saying the affirmation
2) Work harder until the affirmation becomes reality
I release my negative thoughts, embracing positivity and optimism.
I am healthy, well groomed and confident. My inner peace and harmony is matched by my outer well-being.
Steps to Make Self Love Affirmations Work for you
Steps to Make Self Love Affirmations Work for you
- List all of the things you don’t like about yourself. This can include physical things like weight and appearance, but should also include emotional things like self-confidence and self love. These area are places you should make specific affirmations. Either find pages, like this self-love affirmation page or create your own affirmations, tailoring your affirmations to your specific needs.
- Write out these affirmations pointing out the positive aspects of your personality. Use a thesaurus to help you find power words that have more impact.
- Repeat your affirmations aloud for 5 minutes, three times a day. Morning, noon and night. This repetition will slowly help to drive the thoughts home.
- Make a nice image of the affirmations you can sometimes look at. Pleasant images around an affirmation help to subconsciously equate the affirmation with the good things those images represent. Feel free to download, and use any of the large self love images on this page. That is what they are here for.
- While you are repeating the affirmation, work on your breathing. Breathe in slowly. Hold the breather for a beat and slowly exhale while repeating your affirmation.
- Get a coach, friend or family member to sometimes repeat these affirmations for you. Wile a key to self love is saying these affirmations on your own, it always feels good to hear others saying positive things about you.
I am worthy of love.
I do not need someone else to feel happiness.
REMEMBER: Self-Love is not Selfishness
As you read through these self love affirmations I hope you keep clear in your mind that self love is not the same thing as selfishness. Selfishness in fact often stems from insecurities where people lack self love and are unsure if they are worthy. They try to use their selfishness as form of proof that they are worthy of love.
- Self love is not conditional. You don’t need to get something to love yourself. You will not say, “I will practice self love, if only I lose 10 pounds” you need to love yourself even if you gain 10 pounds.
- Self love is not about vanity. It is not about staring in the mirror and thinking how beautiful you are. It is about being at peace with who you are. People who are vain or conceited often lack self love and their superior attitude actually stems from trying to convince themselves and others of their worth.
- Self love is about compassion. When you practice self love you have empathy for others. It is not about always putting yourself first, but about helping yourself, so that you have the ability to help others. Just like putting your gas mask on before helping a child. IF you are not empathetic and willing to help others you are not truly practicing self-love.
- Self love is about facing your fears. Someone who loves themselves does not hide from their problems. They face them head on and work to make them better. They understand that THEY are a work in progress and as long as they keep working they will continue to improve.
- Self love is not defensive. When you love yourself you are comfortable with your actions. YOU do not feel the need to prove you are right. You do not feel the need to argue over implied slights. You are comfortable in your own skin.
Keep saying these positive self love affirmations and you will certainly see a great change in your behavior and your life.
My imperfections make me unique and special.
I take responsibility for who I am: the bad and the good.
Hopefully you enjoyed this small collection of positive affirmations for self love. As you can see self love is the key to a better self. These self love quotes and affirmations will hopefully help in some small way to create a better version of yourself.
If you enjoy these positive affirmations for self love I hope that you will use them and share them with others. Please share them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and your favorite social networks.
If you want to see more affirmations and quotes like these, please follow me on:
Where I often try to share many of these large picture quotes and affirmations. Have any self love affirmations of quotes you really love, please share them in the comments on the first page so I can make a self love image from it and share it with others.
August 20, 2018
August 18, 2018
August 13, 2018
August 11, 2018