There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Are goal setting affirmations important?
I would give that question a definitive, “yes”.
Sometimes affirmations can be a mixed bag. They can help some people, but will give give others a false sense of ‘mission accomplished'. But goal setting affirmations are a little bit different.
To achieve goals one of the important factors is to stay aware of your goals at all times and do all the little things that will help you to reach your goals.
When you use daily goal setting affirmations it keeps your goals right where they should be: in the front of your mind.
Why Affirmations are Important for Goal Setting
Regular use of goal affirmations will help (1) to condition your mind to help you achieve the goals you have set and (2) to stop procrastination by providing a clear and specific focus for your efforts.
After all, setting goals is not the hard part, sticking to your goals and achieving them is the hard part.
It takes planning, focus, perseverance, foresight, dedication, visualization, and hard work to achieve any worthwhile goals. Affirmations help you achieve the focus and visualization parts of reaching your goals.
How to Set Goals that Succeed
Talking about visualization though goal setting and focus affirmations is sort of jumping into the middle of a story.
We are telling you about an important PART of how to properly set goals without going into all the details on how to set goals.
Let's remedy that:
If you are not already an expert at setting goals that succeed, lets give you all the resources you could possibly need to succeed.
The first thing you need to know is the style of goal you are looking at. Is it a process goal or an outcome goal. These are two very different ways of approaching your goals so this should always come first.
The second thing you need to know is what type of goal are you looking to achieve. First this means when you want to achieve the goal: immediate, short term, 6 month, one year, five year, long term.
Secondly you want to balance the type of goals you choose: (personal, professional, self improvement, financial, health, fitness etc.) The reason for this is that it is important to maintain balance in our goal setting.
The final tool for goal setting success is a really good overview of how to actually set and achieve any goal.
Without further ado, here are 30 good goal setting affirmations to help you get a clear visualization of the success of your goals and how to go about reaching that point.
30 Affirmations for Setting and Achieving Goals
- I find the work I need to do to be fascinating.
- For today , I am truly attentive on my work.
- I will be observant and attentive throughout my entire day.
- I can focus and concentrate at will.
- I release negativity. Instead I focus on positivity and productivity!
- I have clarity and energy.
- I am committed to being focus on my goal. I am worth it.
- I am a do-er. I will take action and get things accomplished.
- I concentrate all my efforts on the things I want to accomplish in life.
- I can work my way into the flow state whenever I wish.
- I am calm and focused in all that I do.
- I will face difficult situations with grace and courage. I will find solutions in these difficult times.
- Today I will take a big step toward reaching my goals.
- All resistance achieving my goal has vanished.
- I know where I am going. I only need to supply the action to get there.
- My mind is energized, clear and focused on the process of my goals.
- I act with courage and confidence.
- I free myself from the doubt and pessimism that keep me from achieving my goals.
- I clearly visualize the attainment of my goals.
- Giving up is easy. I will continue striving for my goals.
- I will work with abundant enthusiasm and confidence.
- I clearly see the obstacles to keep me from achieving my goals I move over, under, through or around them.
- My planning, action and hard work will translate to the achievement of my desires.
- I will live my life as the exciting adventure that it is.
- I will follow the beat of my inner drummer. I will be myself, not what others want me to be.
- My daily goals will ensure I reach my long term goals.
- I live in the present, never dwelling on the past, and take action to ensure a wonderful future.
- I will turn my dreams into goals. I will turn my goals into steps. I will turn my steps into actions. I will complete an action every day.
- I will face my fears head on. I will learn from them.
- I am willing to explore new and uncharted territory.
Looking for Worthy Goals?
Maybe you do not have that many goals in your life. If so why not?
None of us are perfect, part of being a functional adult is trying to do the little things that make us incrementally better.
We may never become, “perfect” but that doesn't mean we can't strive to be better than we are now.
For me, improvements usually come in the form of habits. Both starting new good habits and stopping older bad habits (and replacing them with those good habits).
I have a few links that might really help you find the goals that are right for you:
- 47 Good Daily Habits List To Transform Your Life
- 31 Bad Habits to Break Now
- 205 Rewards for Yourself Ideas & Examples
And if you're ready to for long-term positive change, take a few minutes to watch this video to learn the five-step process for turning your goals into simple habits:
Final Thoughts on Goal Setting Affirmations
Hopefully you got some good ideas for goal setting and focus affirmations that you can use in your own life as motivation.
Maybe even one of the 10 large picture goal setting affirmations you can look at daily to give you a quick boost of encouragement to succeed in your goals.
Let me know what you think. Do you enjoy these goal setting affirmations? Or do you think they are lacking? Do you have a specific affirmation that resonates with you? Are there some affirmations you think will simply not be helpful?
In the comments below please share your thoughts on goal setting, goals, focus, affirmations, habits and anything else discussed on this page. I appreciate and look forward to your input.
This is a page of images and quotes. It took some time and effort to put together the large picture images.
Feel free to do what you want with the images, but if you enjoy these images please share them on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or your favorite social media platform. All images are free to use, just please give credit back to this page as the source.
And if you're looking for more encouraging affirmations, check out these blog posts:
- 121 Self-Confidence Positive Affirmations
- 87 Self Love Affirmations to Improve your Life & Self-Esteem
- 65 Productivity Affirmations to Master Your Workload
Finally, if you want to take your goal-setting efforts to the next level, check out this FREE printable worksheet and a step-by-step process that will help you set effective SMART goals.