63 High Protein Breakfast Ideas for a Quick Energy Boost
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Have you ever wished there was some kind of magical food that you can keep on eating without gaining weight?
Actually, high-protein foods come close to what some people are wishing for.
A lot of studies about health and weight loss have revealed that consuming a higher amount of protein than usual in your diet, coupled with a good regular workout program, can be the most effective way to slim down.
Here in Develop Good Habits, we encourage everybody to eat breakfast because of its proven health benefits. To maximize the benefits you can reap from not skipping the most important meal of the day, you should consider eating a high-protein breakfast.
Aside from guaranteed weight loss, the following are some of the other positive results of eating breakfast rich in protein:
- Heightened alertness – your brain becomes more efficient at firing those neurons and sending messages to other parts of the body. You’ll discover that you have sharper focus.
- Increased energy – aside from becoming more alert, you feel less sluggish and more energized when you’ve had a protein fare rather than a sugary breakfast.
- Feeling of satiety – studies have shown that people who eat high-protein breakfasts feel satiated and fuller for a longer duration when compared with those who eat breakfasts composed primarily of carbohydrates.
Some people have the impression that eating a protein-rich breakfast means they’ll be constantly preparing egg-based foods. It’s a common misconception. However, there are so many foods out there, aside from eggs, which are high in protein.
The 63 high protein breakfast ideas I’m sharing today are handpicked selections of quick breakfasts, smoothies, and no-bake treats that are delicious and easy to make.
Egg-based dishes are featured in only a handful of the recipes below.
And now, I present to you the choices for your breakfast feast.
What You Will Learn
- Low Carb and High Protein Dishes
- 1. Egg Muffins with Ham, Kale and Cauliflower Rice
- 2. Egg Wraps
- 3. High Protein Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- 4. Eggs, Spinach and Mushroom Skillet
- 5. Sausage, Spinach and Pepper Omelette in a Jar
- 6. Low Carb Breakfast Pizza
- 7. Cheesy 3-Meat Breakfast Casserole
- 8. Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 9. Savory Breakfast Cookies (Low Calorie)
- 10. Sausage Puffs
- 11. Cauliflower Cake
- 12. Ham and Cheese Savory Scones
- 13. Sausage Bun Breakfast Sandwich
- 14. Mexican Bean Breakfast Skillet
- 15. Boil in a Bag Omelettes
- 16. Dijon Pork Breakfast Skillet
- 17. Cheddar and Chive Frittata
- 18. Skillet Breakfast Scramble
- Breakfast Smoothies and Shakes
- 19. Fat Burning Breakfast Smoothie
- 20. Protein-Packed Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothie
- 21. The Husband Protein Smoothie
- 22. Cinnamon Roll Protein Smoothie
- 23. High-Protein Mixed Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- 24. Nuts and Berries Breakfast Smoothie
- 25. Snickerdoodle Protein Smoothie
- 26. Fat Burning Mint Matcha Smoothie
- 27. Metabolism Boosting Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
- 28. Skinny Vanilla Bean Protein Milkshake
- 29. Pumpkin Protein Shake
- 30. Blackberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- 31. Chocolate Mint Avocado Protein Shake
- 32. Vanilla Ice Cream Keto Coffee Fat Bomb Smoothie
- 33. Low Carb Avocado Smoothie with Blueberries, Basil and Vanilla
- High-Protein Quick Cakes, Breakfast Sandwiches, Wraps, and Toasts
- 34. Matcha Mug Cake
- 35. High Protein Avocado Toast with White Beans and Roasted Tomatoes
- 36. Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Wrap
- 37. Healthy Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
- 38. High Protein French Toast Tortilla
- 39. Breakfast Quesadillas
- 40. Spinach and Tomato Goat Cheese Quiche
- 41. Bacon Avocado Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- 42. Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- 43. Open-Faced Egg and Hummus Sandwich
- 44. Avocado Bagel Egg-in-a-Hole
- 45. Tuna Omelette and Avocado Sandwich
- 46. Strawberry Shortcake Protein Crepes
- Breakfast Bowls, Puddings, and No-Bake Breakfast Bites
- 47. Keto Chia Smoothie Bowl
- 48. Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Bowl
- 49. Low Carb and Paleo Acai Bowl
- 50. Low-Sugar Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
- 51. Cinnamon Crunch Breakfast Protein Balls
- 52. High Protein Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 53. Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl with Almonds and Raspberries
- 54. Chimichurri Sorghum Breakfast Bowl
- 55. Strawberry Cashew Butter Protein Oatmeal
- 56. Protein-Packed Berry Mud Power Smoothie Bowl
- 57. Low Carb Smoothie Bowl
- 58. Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 59. Chocolate Hazelnut Hemp Smoothie Bowl
- 60. Paleo Mint Green Matcha Protein Bowl
- 61. Sweet and Savory Protein-Packed Breakfast Bowls
- 62. Snickerdoodle Protein Balls
- In Closing
Low Carb and High Protein Dishes
1. Egg Muffins with Ham, Kale and Cauliflower Rice
This breakfast is made by putting together only 5 ingredients. A great mixture of protein sources in a fluffy and tasty breakfast treat. It is delicious and filling all at the same time.
2. Egg Wraps
Egg meals are going to be a common theme in easy-to-make and nutritious meal planning breakfast ideas. (though this post features many non-egg choices.) This high protein, low carb breakfast idea is as tasty as it is easy to prepare.
These are the perfect make-ahead high-protein breakfasts. You can make a huge batch with different tasty fillings for a quick meal that encourages weight loss.
3. High Protein Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
This make-ahead breakfast casserole is very filling and flavorful. The whole batch can be made early in the week. Reheat portions as needed. What I love about this choice is that with a quick reheat, this breakfast can be used for multiple occasions and tastes just as good as the first time it is served.
4. Eggs, Spinach and Mushroom Skillet
Enjoy a blending of delicious flavors and reap the healthy weight-loss benefits from this dish. It is so simple to prepare and promises to keep you feeling satisfied and even, shall we say, comforted.
5. Sausage, Spinach and Pepper Omelette in a Jar
At only 5.6 grams of carbohydrates per serving, these omelet jars are the champions of the high-protein breakfast race. They are also very tasty.
You can make several batches to freeze ahead for when the craving hits. Because we know that you'll also be craving for them for lunch, dinner, and in between. *Wink*
6. Low Carb Breakfast Pizza
Some people I know can't get enough of having pizza for breakfast. If you are on the same boat, then this recipe is for you. The flourless crust is completely made from high-protein ingredients.
7. Cheesy 3-Meat Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast recipe is a crowd-pleaser. It contains 3 kinds of meat and is topped with a cheesy layer. It will surely be on your high-protein-breakfast top 10 list.
8. Turkey Breakfast Sausage
This breakfast fare is a healthier alternative to store-bought sausages. You are assured of the exact ingredients they contain. Make them ahead and freeze for a ready-to-cook satisfying meal at the start of the day.
9. Savory Breakfast Cookies (Low Calorie)
The flavor of these breakfast cookies will remind you of frittata and cheese biscuits all rolled together in an amazing blend of goodness. It is an ideal grab-and-go breakfast that is also very low in carbohydrates.
Weight-loss goals achieved!
10. Sausage Puffs
These are so easy to make but are also full of delicious goodness they will be part of your breakfast menu for weeks to come. Perfect for when you're running out of time in the morning but must eat breakfast before going. Just reheat and eat.
11. Cauliflower Cake
Although the recipe developer suggests that this cake is ideal for lunch, in my book there is no stopping you from having this during breakfast, too. It is completely low-carb and a great substitute for the usual omelet or frittata.
12. Ham and Cheese Savory Scones
Here is another tasty suggestion for breakfasts on the go. What's more pleasing about it is the fact that it's super low carb. It gives you the essential nutrients for muscle and brain development right at the start of the day.
13. Sausage Bun Breakfast Sandwich
You don't need a bread bun with this kind of sandwich. With this extremely low-carb fare, you won't be surprised that you're losing weight almost effortlessly.
14. Mexican Bean Breakfast Skillet
Here is a seriously high protein breakfast fare that's full of wholesome flavors. It has the right mix of veggies for fiber and good carbs plus protein for all its health-giving benefits.
Prepare the beans the night before so all you need to do in the morning is heat the whole thing up on the stove and top with the eggs.
15. Boil in a Bag Omelettes
Preparing healthy, high protein meals is usually a challenge when camping out, especially if you adhere to a certain way of eating. With this recipe, all you need to do is prepare the dry ingredients ahead of time and when ready to cook, simply add water and shake.
16. Dijon Pork Breakfast Skillet
Here is a quick, high-protein, low-carb breakfast you can make in a single pan. Chop up the veggies the night before and you'll have a truly time-saving meal in the morning.
17. Cheddar and Chive Frittata
Enjoy a decadent fare for breakfast with this high-protein, low-carb recipe. The flavors are amazing; you won't believe that it is something that helps you with your weight-loss goals.
18. Skillet Breakfast Scramble
Dig into this yummy breakfast that's loaded with high levels of choline. Choline is a very important component for good health, being responsible for normal cell functioning, especially in a developing fetus. You'll get that here PLUS other equally important nutrients.
Breakfast Smoothies and Shakes
19. Fat Burning Breakfast Smoothie
Why does this qualify as a healthy breakfast? Well, it's loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. It is filling and that, in turn, helps curb your cravings. Plus, it's high in protein and boosts your body’s ability to burn fats.
20. Protein-Packed Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothie
This creamy concoction will make you want to get up in the morning. This rich smoothie is packed with heart-healthy antioxidants plus protein to start your day full of energy and with the ability to focus on the tasks ahead.
21. The Husband Protein Smoothie
This smoothie boasts 20+ grams of protein per serving without the addition of any protein powder. It is loaded with powerful and heart-healthy nutrients. You'll be wanting this powerful breakfast several mornings a week.
22. Cinnamon Roll Protein Smoothie
The flavor of this smoothie is reminiscent of a cinnamon roll. It takes 5 minutes to make and is packed with infection-fighting properties, good bacteria for proper digestion, and that awesome flavor that you can't get enough of.
23. High-Protein Mixed Berry Breakfast Smoothie
Enjoy the anti-aging and detoxifying effects of this smoothie first thing in the morning. It is loaded with collagen and tastes so yummy.
24. Nuts and Berries Breakfast Smoothie
Start your day with this refreshingly delicious smoothie. It contains high levels of antioxidants for anti-aging and heart-health benefits.
25. Snickerdoodle Protein Smoothie
Begin your day refreshed by getting an energy boost from this tasty fare. It is loaded with vitamins and fills you up so that you're not prematurely hungry before lunch.
26. Fat Burning Mint Matcha Smoothie
Boost your metabolism for more efficient fat-burning abilities with this breakfast smoothie. Not only that, but you'll also benefit from its high levels of antioxidants and vitamins and other essential nutrients.
27. Metabolism Boosting Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
Honestly, there are no green leafy vegetables in this smoothie. That doesn't stop it from being super healthy, though. It is packed with loads of vitamins and minerals that boost your metabolism and enhance your immune functions.
28. Skinny Vanilla Bean Protein Milkshake
This recipe tastes so decadent you'd doubt that it's low-carb. But it certainly is and it is so filling it keeps you fuller than other breakfast shakes you've tried before. You're welcome.
29. Pumpkin Protein Shake
Have a filling glassful of this shake in the morning to feel energized. It is so easy to prepare and loaded with the healthy goodness of pumpkin. Top with whipped cream for a more delicious treat.
30. Blackberry Cheesecake Smoothie
Have a low-carb smoothie that's both delicious and filled with healthy goodness. At 6.7 net carbs, that a cool way to have breakfast and control weight at the same time.
31. Chocolate Mint Avocado Protein Shake
This smoothie is loaded with good fats that give you a healthy heart. This super protein smoothie is extremely low in carbs at 2 grams per serving, helping you dive into that ketosis level you need to lose weight.
32. Vanilla Ice Cream Keto Coffee Fat Bomb Smoothie
Here's a tasty way to have breakfast without raising your insulin levels. It contains good fats for added health benefits.
33. Low Carb Avocado Smoothie with Blueberries, Basil and Vanilla
Give yourself a break from the omelets and frittatas with this low-carb smoothie. It has heart-healthy fats and tissue-healing protein that your body needs.
High-Protein Quick Cakes, Breakfast Sandwiches, Wraps, and Toasts
34. Matcha Mug Cake
Enjoy the benefits of antioxidants in this delicately flavored low-carb cake. The best part is that it cooks under 10 minutes.
35. High Protein Avocado Toast with White Beans and Roasted Tomatoes
Take delight in this nutritious breakfast. It features white beans that provide fiber for good digestive health and tomatoes that are known for their cancer-fighting properties.
36. Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Wrap
Here is a no-cook high-protein breakfast that will probably be your next favorite. The flavors blend well together you would probably have this for breakfast more than once this week.
37. Healthy Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
These pancakes' high protein content makes it a wonderful alternative to a traditional breakfast fare that is usually high in carbs. Reap the benefits from whole foods that are included as ingredients in this recipe.
38. High Protein French Toast Tortilla
Here is another twist on classic breakfast fare. This French toast tastes so yummy but is healthier than the traditional version.
39. Breakfast Quesadillas
This high-protein breakfast fare has the stamp of approval from kids. These are yummy and highly adaptable. You can add in any healthy, high-protein filling you like.
40. Spinach and Tomato Goat Cheese Quiche
Enjoy a savory breakfast with this high-protein recipe. It's the perfect way to control your weight and ensure that you're not skipping any meal at all.
41. Bacon Avocado Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
This power breakfast is ready within 15 minutes. Enjoy this completely healthy fare first thing in the morning and notice how you are more focused and full of energy throughout the day.
42. Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
Have a mouthwatering breakfast that's made up of completely healthy ingredients. This vegan sandwich has an explosion of flavors waiting in every bite. (Here are other vegan sandwich ideas you might want to try!)
43. Open-Faced Egg and Hummus Sandwich
Here is a healthy breakfast that's quick and easy to prepare. It is a great source of that tissue-repairing protein and fiber for healthy digestion and a healthy heart. What more could you ask for?
44. Avocado Bagel Egg-in-a-Hole
With this tasty, high-protein treat you will not have any excuse not to have breakfast. This cooks super fast and yet tastes like an indulgent fare when you're already eating it.
45. Tuna Omelette and Avocado Sandwich
You get a good helping of protein plus a large dose of Vitamin D (which most of us don't get enough) with this sandwich. The tuna mixture itself is versatile, so feel free to get creative and go beyond just having a sandwich for breakfast.
46. Strawberry Shortcake Protein Crepes
Enjoy the light and fresh flavor of this breakfast fare. It contains 16 grams of protein per serving and has a delicate flavor that reminds you of all that's good and healthy in this world.
Breakfast Bowls, Puddings, and No-Bake Breakfast Bites
47. Keto Chia Smoothie Bowl
This smoothie bowl contains ingredients that help keep you healthy and feeling satisfied. Its creamy texture belies the fact that this tasty breakfast is actually filled with omega-3 fatty acids for heart health and other benefits courtesy of the superfoods found in it.
48. Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Bowl
This breakfast bowl is a great vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. The secret to their texture lies in the aquafaba – the water in which the chickpeas are soaked while inside the can. Enjoy its warming turmeric flavor or take it out from the recipe if you're not fond of the spice.
49. Low Carb and Paleo Acai Bowl
via Grass Fed Girl
Prevent a blood sugar spike with this low-carb breakfast bowl. Also, it is loaded with superfoods for increased brain performance, helping you keep your focus the whole day through.
50. Low-Sugar Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
You're in for a breakfast treat with this recipe because it tastes just like blueberry ice cream. In a healthier form, of course. It keeps you energized and gives your body its much-needed protein for ligament and tissue repair plus other health benefits.
51. Cinnamon Crunch Breakfast Protein Balls
via Lara Clevenger
Your whole family will love these crunchy breakfast balls. They are quick to make, are so tasty and contain high levels of fiber and about 20 grams of protein. It's an instant winner.
52. High Protein Vanilla Chia Pudding
via Simply Quinoa
Eat clean with this breakfast pudding that packs a nutritional punch. Made with superfoods, it contains healthy fats, high levels of protein, antioxidants, and fiber.
53. Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl with Almonds and Raspberries
via The Almond Eater
Why settle for plain cottage cheese for breakfast when you can have a tastier fare with this recipe. It is also very filling and keeps you satisfied the whole morning. Beyond lunchtime even.
54. Chimichurri Sorghum Breakfast Bowl
If you love greens for breakfast, then this is the perfect dish for you. It contains high-protein sorghum and vitamin-packed greens for a healthy and satisfying start to your day.
55. Strawberry Cashew Butter Protein Oatmeal
With this breakfast porridge, you are assured of reaching your daily quota for vitamins and minerals. It has a good combination of fruits, nuts, and grains.
56. Protein-Packed Berry Mud Power Smoothie Bowl
via Fit Views
Enjoy a very satisfying breakfast that is densely packed with nutrients that come from several superfoods. Use your favorite fruits or seeds as topping for added healthy goodness, flavors, and texture.
57. Low Carb Smoothie Bowl
At 35 grams of protein and 4 grams of carb per serving, this breakfast bowl is a winner in helping you achieve your health and weight-loss goals. It also contains chia seeds, known for the loads of health benefits they give.
58. Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
via Savory Nothings
The protein found in this breakfast bowl comes from an all-natural source: quinoa. Its high fiber content keeps you feeling full longer. Enjoy its light, refreshing flavor.
59. Chocolate Hazelnut Hemp Smoothie Bowl
via My Darling Vegan
Ready in less than 5 minutes, this smoothie bowl is a wholesome breakfast fare that will probably become an instant favorite. Enjoy its delicious flavor and feel energized throughout the day.
60. Paleo Mint Green Matcha Protein Bowl
via Epic Matcha
This breakfast bowl has it all: it's refreshing, filling, satisfying, protein-packed, vitamin-rich. Eat clean and enjoy it.
61. Sweet and Savory Protein-Packed Breakfast Bowls
Have a truly satisfying, clean-eating breakfast with this sweet-savory fare. The ingredients include several superfoods that are loaded with protein and other essential vitamins and minerals.
You won't believe how something this tasty can also be so healthy.
62. Snickerdoodle Protein Balls
via What Molly Made
These no-bake breakfast bites are filled with cinnamon and contain high levels of protein. You'll enjoy them as the ideal breakfast on the go.
63. Cinnamon Vanilla Breakfast Protein Bites
via Cotter Crunch
Get serious with your commitment to healthy eating with these protein breakfast bites. They are so delicious and so easy to make. Kids will love it, too.
Hopefully, you now have several favorites among the high protein breakfast ideas presented here. Please let us know how it went when you’ve begun eating protein-rich foods in the morning.
Before we part ways today, please remember that there are no shortcuts to good health. A healthy eating habit has to be balanced with healthy thoughts and healthy actions. This way, we achieve sound well-being inside and out.