There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Setting monthly goals is a keystone success habit.
However, many people don’t actually set monthly goals. They are often too busy juggling the demands of work, home, and personal life. Others are not convinced about the importance of setting monthly goals.
But monthly goals provide a number of benefits that should be seriously considered by anyone in pursuit of success.
What You Will Learn
- The Benefits of Setting Monthly Goals
- 1. A Goal a Month
- 2. A Template in Pastel
- 3. Goal-Setting Template
- 4. Goal Planner and Progress Tracker
- 5. Minimalist Template
- 6. My Goal This Month
- 7. Monthly Goals Planner Sheet
- 8. Dream Big Monthly Goal List
- 9. Monthly Goal Focus for Writers
- 10. Editable Goal Template
- 11. Set Goals Template
- Final Thoughts on Setting Monthly Goals
Let’s have a quick look at how you can benefit by setting monthly goals.
1. It helps overcome procrastination and prevents burnout. When you have your monthly goals written down, especially on a calendar or planner, it allows you to manage your time better. You know exactly when you need to pour energy into work and when it’s time for relaxation. This way, you stay productive without burning out.
2. It brings focus. If you are embarking on a project—whether personal or work-related—monthly goals let you know what you should be focusing on.
3. It helps level-up your achievements. Every time you accomplish your monthly goals, there are new ones to set for the next month. This gives you the chance to improve on your output or performance over time. After all, it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill.
4. It imbues life with a sense of purpose. Experts have a term for setting goals that have purpose and meaning—they call it life crafting. This process aligns your goals with your life’s purpose. It works best if you’re doing monthly or long-term goal-setting. Not only does this kind of goal-setting help you become productive, it is also an opportunity to find a deeper sense of meaning and happiness in life.
A goal tracker or planner can bring you closer to success. If you’re looking for the best monthly goals templates to work with, you might find our recommendations below helpful.
Read on to check out awesome examples of templates and worksheets that you can use to set your monthly goals.
This template provides 12 boxes where you can write down your major goals for the whole year. Each box has the corresponding name of the month on top.
This is ideal if you need a template that gives you a quick view or summary of your monthly goals.
If you love pastel colors, then this template will appeal to you.
It features five columns representing the 4-5 weeks that comprise a month. Here, you can list up to 10 goals.
This setup also allows you to track your progress each week.
It also has provisions for writing your Top Goals, as well as the Focus Goal of the Month.
via Shining Mom
Get ready to conquer your goals with this full set of goal-setting templates. The set features sufficient space for you to list the month's priorities and to-dos.
There are also boxes you can use for making note of:
Each month has a dedicated page, and the design of the template set features a predominant floral and teal theme.
If you’re looking for a minimalist template, this one is worth your consideration.
This template makes it easier for you to track the progress of your goals each month with its built-in progress tracker.
Considering that everything is on one page, you can check out all your goals for the entire year at a glance.
via Anja Home
Here is another minimalist template you might want to try. The undated format provides flexibility on how you organize your monthly goals, as well as how you design your planner.
In case you’re considering using stickers for your goal-setting planner, check out the Best Planner Stickers to Organize Your Life.
Here is a worksheet that allows you to focus on a major goal for the month. It also has space provisions to help you create the best weekly action plans or strategies for achieving your goals.
[Not sure what goals to set for this month? Learn about the 7 Areas of Your Life for Setting Important Goals.]
via Saturday Gift
This template provides ample space for the following:
The template also has space for listing specific steps for achieving each goal.
via Carrie Elle
This printable template allows you to dream big when it comes to making goals. It has space for listing up to 10 goals for the month.
Beside the goals column is a section where you can indicate due dates, as well as whether the goal has been accomplished.
In the lower part of the template, there is space allocated for writing down the priorities for the month.
Finally, there is a motivational quote at the bottom of the template page that says, “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
Are you looking for a goal-setting template created for the writing profession?
If so, you might find this one helpful.
This template has been specifically designed for writers to help them focus on their writing goals.
It features spaces for specific focus areas of the writing process, such as writing focus, learning focus, and research focus.
There are spaces for listing down other goals that are associated with the work of most writers, such as:
Here’s an editable template for your goal-setting at home.
This example comes with useful features that help you identify, specify, and accomplish your monthly goals, such as:
This template is part of a three-piece set that allows you to write down your dreams, helps you plan the best possible course in order to achieve them, and inspires you to live the best life possible.
Setting monthly goals is an important step towards success.
You might want to make it a habit to write down your goals each month using a monthly goals template or worksheet.
Not only will this increase your chances of success, it is a way to live a life filled with meaning and purpose.
And once you’ve achieved your goals, remember to reward yourself. This is one of the best ways to celebrate a major accomplishment.
For more information on goal-setting, here are some posts you might want to check out:
Finally, if you want to take your goal-setting efforts to the next level, check out this FREE printable worksheet and a step-by-step process that will help you set effective SMART goals.