There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Moving forward when you’re feeling bogged down can be one of the trickiest situations any human can find themselves in.
In today’s post, we offer you some inspiration to get back on the wagon no matter who you are and what your current situation is.
There are all kinds of barriers that can prevent us from achieving our goals and getting to where we want to go, it’s how we surmount these obstacles that shapes us into full-fledged individuals.
Sometimes everything goes smoothly, you’re making good progress in your endeavors, achieving goals, and finding success. Other times you feel like you’re wading through sticky tar and life is pulling you in every direction possible.
When faced with these kinds of situations, the simplest solutions are often the best. There’s not much more you can do than put one foot forward, persist, and carry on in spite of your surroundings.
This is often easier said than done – taking action when you feel depleted is hard. However, sometimes this comes from past behavior; a common example of this is learned helplessness.
Learned helplessness is an interesting trick of the human mind; your subconscious mind is always looking for solutions to your problems.
Unfortunately, believing you are powerless and helpless when you’re not is a perfectly good “solution” to your subconscious, even though it will prevent you from moving forward and getting ahead or out of bad circumstances.
Sometimes you have to push hard and start moving now rather than waiting to feel motivated and strong enough to move. In fact, it’s only when you begin to take action and take steps toward your goals that you start to feel better in a lot of cases.
One thing that can help reshape our beliefs and put some spur in our souls is by absorbing information that inspires and boosts us. This collection of moving forward quotes can help you do just that.
- “It takes just as much energy to move forward as it does to engage in self-destructive moaning, blaming, and being miserable.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Lots of times I’m not crazy about the writing, but I keep moving ahead and somehow it gets better. The important thing is to move forward.” – Janet Evanovich
- “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
- “If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
- “In difficult times, we’re not supposed to quit believing; we’re not supposed to quit growing.” – Joel Osteen
In difficult times, we’re not supposed to quit believing; we’re not supposed to quit growing.” – Joel Osteen
- “All survival situations revolve around a host of variables…Always adapt, think positive, and move forward.” – Cody Lundin
- “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” – Mandy Hale
- “Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
- “Long ago we mastered the ability to create and harness fire, but we still don’t know how to light and maintain the fire that inspires us and keeps us moving forward.” – Heidi Grant
- “There is a lesson in almost everything that you do, and getting the lesson is how you move forward. It is how you enrich your spirit.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Don't wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Moving forward first requires a step to be taken.” – Chase S.M. Neill
- “Nothing so clears the vision and lifts up the life, as a decision to move forward in what you know to be entirely the will of the Lord.” – John Gibson Paton
- “Faith is moving forward even when things don’t make sense, trusting that in hindsight everything will become clear.” – Many Hale
- “The secret of our success is that we never, never give up.” – Wilma Mankiller
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – Lao Tzu
- “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” – Jan Glidewell
- “If you are preparing for a career transition or wanting to transform your current one, use low-risk situations to practice building your inner resilience to change.” – Karen Kelloway
- “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
- “There are those who are so scrupulously afraid of doing wrong that they seldom venture to do anything.” – Vauvenargues
- “Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. – Confucius
- “I take a simple view of life: keep your eyes open and get on with it.”- Sir Laurence Olivier
- “Brave is not saying I have no fear. It’s being terrified and still moving forward.” – Elisa Jimenez
- “You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.” – Marta Mrotek
- “Every setback means you're one step closer to seeing the dream come to pass.” – Joel Osteen
- “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William Butler Yeats
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Ditch the dream and be a doer, not a dreamer, whether or not you know what your ‘passion’ might be. The truth is, it doesn’t matter. You don’t have to know. You just have to keep moving forward.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “I would like to look back on my body of work and be proud of each record in its own right, but as a whole, I want to continue to grow and move forward.” – Sara Bareilles
- “You can't start a new chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Suzy Kassem
- “That sense of ambition, of aspiration, of moving forward, will be very important.” – Hazel Blears
That sense of ambition, of aspiration, of moving forward, will be very important.” – Hazel Blears
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Start today by imagining the life you want in the future and taking one practice step towards it.” – Denise Duffield Thomas
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Success … seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.” – Conrad Hilton
- “To use time both efficiently and effectively as opposed to wasting time is a decision made being well aware that time is moving forward and that time used for whatever purpose is time that is forever gone.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “If you make a mistake, no matter what, correct your error and keep moving forward.” – Alex Altman
- “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The most successful people are those who are willing to keep moving forward after making mistakes.” – Coach Flanagan
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Guilt can be an unrelenting source of pain. It keeps us stuck in the past and prevents us from moving forward.” – Darlene Lancer
- “Making that final commitment is really hard. Because once you decide to move forward, it becomes a whole process which is really hard to stop.” – Gregory Crewdson
- “You just keep moving forward and doing what you do, and hope that it resonates with people. And if it doesn’t, you just keep moving on until you find a project that does.” – Octavia Spencer
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
- “Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward.” – Benjamin Carson
- “You can't change the past, but you can shape the future.” – Unknown
- “Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “Life may not be going well for you now, but as long as you are here, as long as you press forward, anything is possible. Hold on to hope.” – Nick Vujicic
- “Let’s dare to promote ourselves to better ‘us’ by working hard and moving forward instead of regretting and rewinding the past.” – Pantea Kalhor
- “You can’t stay in one place. If you stay in one place you die. So you have to move forward.” – Rick Owens
- “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Set your goal and keep moving forward.” – Georges St-Pierre
- “You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “We have to confront the reality of our world, and make the hard decisions about which way we want to move forward.” – Edward Snowden
- “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” – Gordon B. Hinkley
- “When you hit a wall – of your own imagined limitations – just kick it in.” – Sam Shepard
- “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
Moving forward can take some serious willpower, but hopefully, some of these quotes have helped you to understand the power of taking small steps forwards where you can.
No matter who you are or what situation you are in, there are things you can do to help you. If you’re not happy with where your life is, it starts with making small and simple choices every day.
Thank you for reading.
And if you want more inspirational posts, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 11 Keystone Habits Examples to Change Your Life
- 41 Consistency Quotes About Doing Hard Work Daily
- 73 Quotes About Life to Inspire and Motivate You Throughout the Day
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.