There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
When was the last time you crossed items off of your bucket list?
Perhaps you stopped doing so a long time ago.
Maybe you look at your list and feel that it contains goals that seem impossible to accomplish.
Don’t throw your list out the window just yet.
Today’s collection of bucket list quotes might be just what you to get you out on your next adventure.
What Should I Put on My Bucket List?
There are no wrong items on a bucket list. Each one is unique and reflects the aspirations of the list’s owner.
Some people include activities that let them be of service to others.
There are others who write down goals that help them strengthen their personal relationships, with specific goals of making peace with family members or practicing forgiveness and letting go.
There are others still who include items that help them prepare a wonderful legacy to share with the world.
May the following quotes re-inspire you as you create and live the life that you’ve always dreamed of.
1. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
2. “Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
3. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
4. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman
“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman
5. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
6. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen R. Covey
7. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” – Seth Godin
8. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
9. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
10. “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” – Ron White
11. “If not us, then who? If not now, then when?” – John Lewis
12. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” – Ernest Hemingway
13. “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
14. “You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?' ‘Has your life brought joy to others?'” – Morgan Freeman
15. “I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.” – Susan Sontag
16. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
17. “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.” – A. A. Milne
18. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
19. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
20. “When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “Die with memories, not with dreams.” – Unknown
22. “All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” – T. E. Lawrence
23. “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
24. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown
25. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
26. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.” – Freya Stark
27. “If adventure has a final and all-embracing motive, it is surely this: we go out because it is our nature to go out, to climb mountains, and to paddle rivers, to fly to the planets and plunge into the depths of the oceans… When man ceases to do these things, he is no longer man.” – Wilfrid Noyce
28. “I have lots of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.” – Oprah Winfrey
29. “I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got.” – Walter Cronkite
30. “Fill your life with tiny and large adventurous moments.” – Sark
31. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s OK. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
32. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
33. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
34. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
35. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
36. “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” – Grace Lichtenstein
Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” – Grace Lichtenstein
37. “Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Ray Kroc
38. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
39. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
40. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.” – Richard Branson
41. “Every day brings new choices.” – Martha Beck
42. “Follow your dreams, they know the way.” – Kobe Yamada
43. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
“A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
44. “The only dreams that come true are the ones you chase, if you do nothing, you get nothing.” – Joseph Atser
45. “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
46. “We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.” – Sheryl Sandberg
47. “You can’t find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn’t bring it with you all along.” – Katrina Mayer
48. “I don't focus on what I'm up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Wiliams
49. “A life lived in fear…. is a life half-lived.” – Baz Luhrmann
50. “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” – Flavia Weedn
51. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
52. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
53. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and each one should be really excellent. Because these are our lives.” – Steve Jobs
54. “You must give everything to make your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination.” – Roman Payne
55. “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” – Lupita Nyong’o
So, where to next?
Life’s too short to just keep putting off the things you want to achieve in life.
Hopefully the bucket list quotes you’ve read today motivate you to start going after your dreams again.
Say yes to that move.
Start working on that personal project.
Try something you’ve been wanting to do for a long time. And if you need further inspiration, check out this post for over 500 bucket list ideas you can try before you die.
Finally, you can choose any of these bucket list templates to start your list.