There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
It feels so good when you check off a list of completed goals on your daily list. It is even better when you successfully complete life achievements like going to college, getting married, becoming fluent in a language, etc.
There are so many things I have on my bucket list for this year and in my life in general. I plan to visit all seven continents and am on my way to making that happen sooner than I thought. Well, it turns out that having a bucket list can also work between two people.
Most people have a list of things they want to do, places they want to visit, and items they would like to obtain. I bet that you have a list of things you would love to do with your significant other. So in this article, we will explore these ideas by talking about 105 items you can add to your relationship bucket list.
But first, let’s start with a simple definition.
What is a Bucket List?
When people think of a bucket list, they often imagine a massive list of all the things one wants to do before dying. A relationship bucket list is slightly different.
It's a smaller and more cheerful version of a list that can inspire both partners in a relationship to add excitement and make memories together. It can also serve as a reminder of pressing things to do in relation to health, housing, and retirement.
Your bucket list does not have to be set in stone. As you grow as a couple, make the necessary changes as you evolve.
Here are some ideas for things you might want to put on your own personal couple bucket list!
105 Ideas For a Couple's Bucket List
1. Buy a house together
2. Get married
3. Buy or adopt a pet together
4. Save six figures for retirement
5. Lose weight together
6. Get healthier together. You can focus on better eating habits, lowering blood pressure, quit smoking, etc.
7. Go horseback riding. Try riding a camel for even more of a challenge
8. Visit Niagara Falls together
9. Eat dinner in the Eiffel Tower
10. Go to proactive counseling to make sure you keep communication running smoothly
11. See a Broadway play together
12. Bungee jump together
13. Go to a ball game together
14. See the live taping of a show or movie if you can get on set
15. Contact long lost family members
16. Travel somewhere new together every year for your anniversary
17. Write love letters to each other
13. Help improve your neighborhood together (start neighborhood watch/running group/clean sidewalks, etc).
14. Decide if you want children
15. Plan college funds/business start-up money for kids future
16. Take a helicopter ride
17. Be part of the Mile High Club (you know what this means, right?)
18. Plan where you will live in retirement – new house/city/country?
19. Start a YouTube channel together
20. Learn about investments together
21. Take a class together
22. Get pampered at a spa
23. Create a food recipe together inspired by the other person.
24. Take a hot air balloon ride – maybe in Turkey
25. Run a 5K together
26. Take a trip down the Nile River together
27. Build a house with Habitat For Humanity
28. Grow a garden together
29. Hire someone to take photos of you two together in cool poses for your personal photo album.
30. Dress up as your favorite super hero and go to the movies as a pair
31. Be silly and make crank calls together.
32. Go on a road trip together
33. Visit one of those cheesy rest stops you stop at every now and then with all those statues.
34. Get a couples massage together
35. Go out to a sky bar and have drinks with a view
36. Make your own bloopers reel from all the funny things you say to each other
37. Try hot yoga together
38. Take a cooking class together where you both learn how to make something challenging like souffle.
39. Watch a really bad movie(s) and try to predict what happens throughout.
40. Learn a new dance style together – like swing dancing, ballroom dancing, tango, etc.
41. Sing together in a karaoke bar
42. Go on a gondola ride in Venice
43. Get full costumes for Hallowe'en and go trick-or-treating with your kids!
44. Take part in the Running of the Bulls or another country's version
45. Ride a rollercoaster together, just because it will be fun
46. Go to the Superbowl together
47. Get life coaching sessions together
48. Go to the racetrack and bet on horses
49. Go to an Awards show together
50. Learn martial arts together
51. Try something new at least once every month.
52. Write down on an index card all the things you admire about your partner.
53. Make recipes together and try them out on family
54. Go skiing together if both of you have never tried it before.
55. Watch a meteor shower or eclipse together
56. Dance naked in the rain together
57. Learn a new language together – maybe a hard one like Russian!
58. Go to a concert together
59. Do stand-up comedy together on open mic night
60. research your family trees together and see if you can find any interesting history
61.Create a story as a team and then act out the chapters together
62. Go on a date to somewhere new for less than $10
63. Go shopping at an indoor flea market
64. Give yourselves makeovers – makeup, haircuts, clothes and accessories
65. Pick a city and only eat local foods for one month.
66. Go on a culinary tour together
67. Eat at all the different food trucks in your city
68. Have an entire week of date nights in different spots
69. Try sushi for the first time together
70. Have an overnight picnic on the beach
71. Go on a tour of your city together
72. Go to a wine vineyard. Maybe do a vacation wine tour.
73. Learn how to hula hoop together, just because it is fun
74. Rent bikes for a day and ride new parts of your city.
75. Go back to the place of your first date
76. Visit the city where you both were born – if living somewhere else now
78. Visit the romantic Maldives and stay in an overwater bungalow
79. Volunteer for a cause you care about together
80. Plan a scavenger hunt for your anniversary that spans across the city.
81. Get inspiration from Pinterest boards for each month of the year, then actually do each item together.
82. Go out to a fancy dinner and dress up in your fanciest clothes
83. Go to happy hour and dance on the bar like in a movie.
84. Go to the ballet together
85. Drive to a random small town and explore it
86. Visit the national parks
87. Visit the places your parents and grandparents were born
88. Go to a poetry reading
89. Go to a hotel and sleep all weekend
90. Have a pillow fight
91. Share your childhood dreams together
92. Dress up for a carnival
93. Go to a pick-up bar, pretend you don't know each other, and act like you are meeting for the first time.
94. Decorate your own space together – paint some walls, put up art, etc.
95. Hire a babysitter and go out on your anniversary
96. Go to a live sports game together
97. Jump into a pile of leaves for an outdoor photoshoot
98. Visit your old schools together
99. Have a board game night with friends
100. Build something in your house, like a bookshelf
101. Go to an amusement park and spend all day there – without the kids!
102. Go on a spring break trip like you are back in college. (Read this post for more spring bucket list ideas.)
103. Go island hopping somewhere in the world – Hawaii, Caribbean, etc.
104. See the Aurora lights together – maybe in different places
105. Create a personal prayer or daily affirmation together
Benefits of Having Bucket Lists for Relationship Goals
Bucket lists are extremely versatile. Make them for any occasion, whether it is a wedding weekend or an anniversary. You can have bucket lists specific to each holiday throughout the year, or just have them all together in one long list.
One of the biggest advantages of creating a relationship bucket list is that it gives you and your partner something to plan for. Even just thinking about making a bucket list together can be exciting and take some pressure off other things in life.
It can give you an excuse to take a day trip somewhere or go out on a spontaneous date. It can also give you an idea for something new to try in your relationship together.
The bucket list itself is like a record of things you've done, but it can help you remember the things that were most important to you both. So create one and put it somewhere where you will both see it every day.
Final Thoughts On Your Relationship Bucket List
Bucket lists are great to make together because they force you to get out of your comfort zone and try new things. Most importantly, you have an opportunity to spend time with your partner in a fun, creative way. If there are items on the list that are romantic or sexy, all the better!
If you want a visual way to plan your couple goals, read 51 Vision Board IDEAS & Examples [Updated for 2022].