There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Looking for inspiring words to keep you focused on your goals?
Today’s article features 25 of the most inspiring ambition quotes from wise and influential people throughout history. Each quote is a nugget of wisdom that has the ability to spur you onward and catapult you to success.
When harnessed for the good, ambition is a powerful force that can help manifest things that might otherwise seem impossible.
Dream big! When you finally achieve what you were aiming for, it will be an inspiring story to share with others.
- “Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world usually do.” – Steve Jobs
- When your ambition is greater than your fear, your life will get bigger than your dream.” – Farshad Asl
- “Ambitions reveal direction.” – Mace Windu
- “It is a grand thing to rise in the world. The ambition to do so is the very salt of the earth. It is the parent of all enterprise, and the cause of all improvement.” – Anthony Trollope
It is a grand thing to rise in the world. The ambition to do so is the very salt of the earth. It is the parent of all enterprise, and the cause of all improvement.” – Anthony Trollope
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. Ain’t nowhere else in the world where you can go from driving a truck to Cadillac overnight.” – Elvis Presley
- “Ambition has one heel nailed in well, though she stretch her fingers to touch the heavens.” – William Lilly
- “If you have a great ambition, take as big a step as possible in the direction of fulfilling it. The step may only be a tiny one, but trust that it may be the largest one possible for now.” – Mildred Macafee
- “Ambition is not what a man would do, but what a man does, for ambition without action is fantasy.” – Bryant McGill
- “Those moments you fail are not the end, they are periods in which you recollect thoughts, ideas, and ambitions, and change direction.” – Benjamin Chapin
- “Ambition is a lust that is never quenched, but grows more inflamed and madder by enjoyment.” – Thomas Otway
- “Our ambition should be to rule ourselves, the true kingdom for each one of us; and true progress is to know more, and be more, and to do more.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Ambition is more than mere desire. It is desire plus incentive – determination – will to achieve the desire.” – Herbert Armstrong
- “Ambition has the power to change the fate of success.” – Aniket Sharma
Ambition has the power to change the fate of success.” – Aniket Sharma
- “Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The man who starts out simply with the idea of getting rich won’t succeed, you must have a larger ambition.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “There is a loftier ambition than merely to stand high in the world. It is to stoop down and lift mankind a little higher.” – Henry van Dyke
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” – Salvador Dali
- “Visions are worth fighting for. Why spend your life making someone else’s dreams?” – Tim Burton
- “Don’t be afraid to be ambitious about your goals. Hard work never stops. Neither should your dreams.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “Ambition beats genius 99% of the time.” – Jay Leno
- “A lot of people dream, and while they are busy dreaming, the powerful, engaged people? Are busy doing.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “A man without ambition is like a beautiful worm — it can creep, but it cannot fly.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Final Thoughts Ambition Quotes
We hope you enjoyed this collection of ambition quotes and that they inspire you to follow your own dreams and focus on your goals.
If you love any of the artwork featured today, feel free to share it. A share through your favorite social media platform is greatly appreciated.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 83 Walt Disney Quotes About Dreams, Imagination, and Living a Magical Life
- 45 Vision Quotes to Turn Your Dreams into Reality
- 157 Goal Setting and Achieving Quotes for 2023
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
We wish you all the success!