29 Best Books About Habits and Building Daily Routines
When envisioning a master list of the "best habit books" the titles on this page immediately jumped to my mind. These are the books that deal directly with the difficult proposition of changing your habits for the better.
This list includes absolute "must read" books such as, "Power of Habit". Books the show the influence of looser concepts like willpower and how they influence habits (by famed psychologist Roy Baumister) and even books that showcase the importance of laser-like focus on a single topic, such as "The One Thing."
If you are interested in developing habits that can lead to important lifestyle changes included here are the best books on habit change.
Similarly is you are having a tough time creating new routines and habits and getting them to stick, this list has the best books on habit formation.
The books on this list should all be powerful considerations for anyone wanting to make tough habit changes, and is facing difficulties with the process. Stopping bad habits, starting new good habits and building routines that stand the test of time is not something that is "easy". But it is something that can be done.
There are just so many great reads here. I have added a couple of my books to this list as well as adding the book of my friend Stephen Guise and his popular mini habit ideas. (Maybe you have heard about it?)
Without further ado, let's look at the list of habit books collected here. With so many it should not be hard to find the habits book that is best suited to your personal needs.
Top Habit Books:
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Habit Stacking: Habit Stacking: 127 Small Changes to Improve Your Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Steve Scott
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It by Kelly McGonigal Ph.D.
- The Art of Good Habits: Health, Love, Presence, and Prosperity by Nathalie Hermann
- Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength by Roy F. Baumister and John Tierney
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits: 14 New Behaviors That Will Energize Your Life by Joyce Meyer
- The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play by Neil Fiore, Ph.D
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Overcome Your Procrastination by Steve Scott
- Rewire: Change Your Brain to Break Bad Habits, Overcome Addictions,Conquer Self-Destructive Behavior by Richard O’Conner
- Changeology: 5 Steps to Realizing Your Goals and Resolutions by John C. Norcross
- Sticky Habits: 6 Simple Steps To Create Good Habits That Stick by Barrie Davenport
- Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success by Rory Vaden
- Focus: Use Different Ways of Seeing the World for Success and Influence by Hiedi Grant Halvorson Ph.D
- Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results by Stephen Guise
- Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistakes by John C. Maxwell
- Making Habits, Breaking Habits: Why We Do Things, Why We Don't, and How to Make Any Change Stick by Jeremy Dean
- Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals by Hiedi Grant Halvorson Ph.D
- Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change by Timothy D. Wilson
- Unhooked: How to Quit Anything by Susan Shapiro
- Smart Change: Five Tools to Create New and Sustainable Habits in Yourself and Others by Art Markman PhD
- Goals Suck: Why the Obsession with Goal-Setting is a Flawed Approach to Productivity and Life in General by Matt Stone
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson
- Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward by James O. Prochaska
- The Healthy Habit Revolution: Create Better Habits in 5 Minutes a Day by Derek Doepker
- Million Dollar Habits: Proven Power Practices to Double and Triple Your Income -by Brian Tracy
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath
A Smarter You in 15 Minutes?
If you enjoy reading about happiness, you may enjoy many other nonficrion self help books. If you do I encourage you to check out the Blinkist app.
Blinkist is an interesting concept…
Blinkist summarized over 2,000 of the bestselling books and put them into condensed 7 to 15 minute reads (or “blinks”). The idea here is to give you the key insights and important lessons — without wasting your time on pointless information.
Blinkist book summaries are perfect for anyone who wants to maximize those random moments when you have to kill time. Like when you want to kill time before an appointment or you’re standing on a long line at Starbucks.
You can use Blinkist to complete a book daily, learn the valuable lessons, and avoid the fluff that often pad longer books.
Have a good idea on how to change your bad habits. But are not sure what good habits you want to use. Check out this massive list post with examples of habits.
Are there habit books missing from this list? Are there a book on habits that shouldn't be here? Do you find this list useful? Do you have any favorites? Make sure to let me know in the comments on the the main page of the 175+ Top Habit Books List