There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Need a dose of inspiration about weight loss?
In this article, we feature 65 weight loss quotes to motivate and inspire you to keep going until you’ve reached your fitness goals.
Oftentimes, we take our own health for granted.
We are the masters of procrastination when it comes to going to the gym. Mealtimes for us often involve a quick stop at a fast-food restaurant.
Most of us do realize that it’s important to have an active lifestyle and to eat healthy meals. Yet, we are comfortable with our unhealthy habits. It usually takes a health scare to serve as a wake-up call, which shakes us from our comfort zone to get moving and eating right.
We don’t want things to reach to that level when it comes to your health.
So today, we’ve collected inspiring and wise quotes to strengthen your determination to lose the extra weight and become mindful of your eating habits.
There are inspirational quotes for losing weight, daily motivation for weight loss, diet motivation quotes, funny diet quotes and sayings, and I-can-lose-weight quotes.
Let’s start off with these inspirational quotes for losing weight.
Side bar: One simple health habit you can build is to drink this superfood green drink, which gives you a boost of energy and supplies your body with the nutrients it needs to get through the day. (You can also read the review of it here.)
Inspirational Quotes for Losing Weight
- “If you have discipline, drive, and determination… nothing is impossible.”– Dana Linn Bailey
- “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.”– Jim Wendler
- “You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.”– Jenna Wolfe
You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.”– Jenna Wolfe
- “The groundwork of all happiness is health.”– Leigh Hunt
- “The scale is merely a measure of my relationship with gravity.”– Lauren Harris-Pincus
- “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does — that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
- “Don’t work out because you hate your body — work out because you love it.”– Author Unknown
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”– Michael Jordan
- “Strength does not come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”– Nikki Rogers
- “Wisdom is doing now what you are going to be happy with later on.”– Joyce Meyer
- “Decide. Commit. Succeed.”– Justin Seedman
- “Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.”– Bonnie Pfiester
Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.”– Bonnie Pfiester
For most people, sticking to a weight loss regimen on a daily basis can be challenging. For others, the problem is how to even start with a fitness program.
It happens to many of us. Sometimes it does help to have an accountability partner to help us stay on track when it comes to our health goals.
Some of you may be wondering what exactly we need to do to lose weight. I would suggest checking out this post on the 4 necessary habits for losing the extra pounds.
Furthermore, the following pithy words that provide daily motivation for weight loss are handy for those times when you need the extra push.
RELATED: 11 Morning Health Habits to Lose Weight
Want to build a morning routine to shed those extra pounds? Then watch this video to discover the 11 habits to lose weight and feel great:
Daily Motivation for Weight Loss
- “Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because you can do anything.”– Toni Horton
- “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.”– Gene Tunney
- “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!”– Jillian Michaels
- “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”– Steve Prefontaine
- “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.”– Kerri Walsh Jennings
- “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”– Author Unknown
- “My weight does not determine my worth.”– Kristin Oja
- “Some people want it to happen. Some wish it would happen. Others make it happen.”– Michael Jordan
- “If you wait, all that happens is you get older.”– Larry McMurtry
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.”– Wayne Gretzky
- “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.”– Julius Erving
- “When people tell me they can’t afford to join a gym, I tell them to go outside; planet Earth is a gym and we’re already members. Run, climb, sweat, and enjoy all of the natural wonder that is available to you.”– Steve Maraboli
When people tell me they can’t afford to join a gym, I tell them to go outside; planet Earth is a gym and we’re already members. Run, climb, sweat, and enjoy all of the natural wonder that is available to you.”– Steve Maraboli
Sticking to a diet is also difficult. But there are effective ways to maintain a healthy eating habit, and some of these are:
Following these tips helps you adhere to a healthier way of eating that will eventually translate to weight loss. In addition, the following diet motivation quotes can serve as your words of encouragement along the way.
Diet Motivation Quotes
- “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.”– Errick McAdams
- “Instead of indulging in ‘comfort food,’ indulge in comfort meditation, comfort journaling, comfort walking, comfort talking, comfort manicures, comfort reading, comfort yoga, comfort hugging.”– Karen Salmansohn
- “My body is less judgmental of my diet than my mind is.”– Mackenzie Banta
- “You can have your cake and lose weight, too!”– Anonymous
- “Thou shouldst eat to live, not live to eat.”– Cicero
- “Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.”– Hippocrates
- “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.”– William Londen
- “New meal; fresh start.”– Michelle Hyman
- “I am a better person when I have less on my plate.”– Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Food can be both enjoyable and nourishing.”– Alyssa Ardolino
- “If I don’t eat junk, I don’t gain weight.”– Paula Christensen
- “Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.”– Old English Proverb
Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.”– Old English Proverb
Still speaking of diets, some people approach healthy eating like they would an exam or a job interview. They do it in all seriousness.
We do understand that having the right diet is a matter to be taken seriously, considering that what we eat impacts our health and wellbeing for good or ill.
Sometimes, however, people get so engrossed in calorie counting, being conscious of eating the right type of carbs, monitoring their daily water intake, or making sure that they only get the freshest organic produce that they neglect to experience the joyful side of eating.
Hopefully, these funny diet quotes and sayings can help lighten up the mood. After all, it has also been said that the best medicine is laughter.
Funny Diet Quotes and Sayings
- “The cardiologist’s diet: If it tastes good spit it out.”– Anonymous
- “When I buy cookies I just eat four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won’t dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn’t taste that bad.”– Janette Barber
- “I’m allergic to food. Every time I eat it breaks out into fat.”– Jennifer Greene Duncan
- “My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.” – Orson Welles
- “The only way to lose weight is to check it in as airline baggage.”– Peggy Ryan
- “It would be far easier to lose weight permanently if replacement parts weren’t so handy in the refrigerator.”– Hugh Allen
- “When we lose twenty pounds, we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty.”– Woody Allen
- “A diet is when you watch what you eat and wish you could eat what you watch.”– Hermione Gingold
- “Keep an open mind and a closed refrigerator.”– Anonymous
- “Never eat more than you can lift.”– Miss Piggy
- “My favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. I call it lunch.”– Anonymous
- “Today I bought a cupcake without the sprinkles. Diets are hard.”– Author Unknown
Today I bought a cupcake without the sprinkles. Diets are hard.”– Author Unknown
You may have been led to this post because your motivation for losing weight is waning.
But let me congratulate you for making it thus far. Regardless of the challenges, you’ve made it to this moment.
Reflect back on how you’ve changed ever since you’ve started on this journey to better health. For certain, there are many things that you thought were impossible to achieve two weeks ago and now you’ve done them.
You’ve got this! Take it slow and steady. You’ll reach your ideal weight goal. You’ll fit into those target clothes. Your blood work will show that you’ve become healthier.
It’s in your hands to create the changes — healthy ones — that you want to see in your life. May these I-can-lose-weight quotes remind you that you have the power to choose to live healthy.
I Can Lose Weight Quotes
- “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”– Anonymous
- “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.”– Toni Sorenson
- “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do, and at some point, you will.”– Venus Williams
- “I always believed if you take care of your body it will take care of you.”– Ted Lindsay
- “Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.”– Ralph Marston
- “Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.”– Author Unknown
- “I choose self-care.”– Alyssa Ardolino
- “Success is the sum of small efforts — repeated day-in and day-out.”– Robert Collier
- “Triumph by putting a little soul into it!”– Nancy Mure
- “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”– Buddha
- “It is better to take small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.”– Proverb
- “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.”– Anne Wilson Schaef
Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.”– Anne Wilson Schaef
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen.” – Unknown
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
- “You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
- “You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won't discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself.” – Geneen Roth
Final Thoughts on Weight Loss Motivation Quotes
We hope that these weight loss quotes will inspire you to keep going on the path to health and wellness. Remember that we are here, cheering you on as you work toward your goals.
Setting the right goals from the very beginning can make a big difference. Check out these SMART goal examples for weight loss and learn how to create your own.
If you need some help in achieving your fitness goals, check out these weight loss apps.
If any of the quotes resonated with you, we’d love to hear about it. Please share your thoughts and stories in the comments below.
Also, we’d appreciate a share in your social media platform of choice of any of the images found in this post.
Interested to become healthier? Check out our post on 192 healthy habits you can apply in different aspects of your life.
And if you want more motivational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 100 Perseverance Quotes to Help You Never Give Up
- 57 Wellness Quotes to Build a Healthy Mindset (and Body)
- 77 Self Care Quotes to Take Care of Yourself and Your Body
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..