There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Dreaming big can be a powerful way to move you toward achieving your goals. Whether it's a big career move, starting a business, or simply reaching for your dreams, having the courage and inspiration to do something out of the ordinary can be an important part of success.
When it comes to dreaming big, quotes from some of the world's most inspiring people can be a great source of motivation. Here are some of our favorite quotes to help you stay focused on making your dreams come true.
Our Favorite Dream Big Quotes
In this section, we share our 15 favorite quotes about dreaming big. These inspirational sayings remind us to aim high and never give up on our ambitions. Whether it's something as simple as taking a few steps beyond our comfort zone or something more complex like pivoting one's careers, big dreamers always find themselves ahead of the curve.
Take these quotes as motivation and manifest your wildest dreams; even if you stumble along the way, you'll still end up further ahead than you would have ever imagined!
- “A dream is a wish your heart makes.” -Cinderella
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breathe and try again” -KT Witten
- “History remembers the dreams that become reality.” -Rees Quinn
- “We all have our dreams. At the same time, we all experience trials in the pursuit of these dreams.” -Patrick Rahn
- “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.” -Steve Jobs
- “Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughan Peale
- “If it doesn’t scare you, you’re probably not dreaming big enough.” -Tory Burch
- “Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it.” – Chris Gardner
- “Your habits are the key to creating the life that you've seen in only your wildest dreams.” -Amy Pendergrass
- “You must plant the seeds of belief first before you reap the harvest of your dreams.” -Bill Tharp
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” -CS Lewis
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” -Paolo Coelho
- “Daring to dream means daring to live.” -Robert Schuller
10 Inspiring Dream Quotes
These 10 inspiring dream quotes have the uncanny ability to instantly evoke determination and motivation. They are like a bolt of lightning that awaken us to our potential, emboldening us to dare to dream and take necessary steps to turn our dreams into reality.
These quotes, although simple in their construction, carry immense power within, providing insight into the depths of our collective potential. These words are a reminder that anything is possible if we just believe in ourselves enough.
- “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” -Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “If you don’t build your dreams, someone will hire you to help build theirs.” -Tony Gaskin
- “Don’t let people discourage you from living your dreams.” -David DeNotaris
- “Never give up on what you want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts.” -Albert Einstein
- “Yesterday’s dreams are often tomorrow’s realities.” -Bruce Lee
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” -Suzy- Kassem
- “Only those who risk going too far can find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot
- “Don’t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big.” -Unknown
- “Yesterday is but today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream.” -Khalil Gibran
- “We should not use our dreams as a means of escape from reality but rather to understand it better.” – Bruce Lee
15 Quotes About Dreaming Big
These fifteen quotes about dreaming big are a reminder that it takes a lot of work and ambition to achieve success in life.
With these words of wisdom, anyone can find the inspiration needed to reach for their goals and make their dreams come true. These quotes motivate us to take risks and explore unexplored pathways; only then, can success be realized.
So next time you feel discouraged or want to give up on your aspirations, use these quotes as a source of encouragement – and remember: if you dream big, you’ll go far!
- “If you dream of becoming an eagle, you follow your dreams and not the words of a bunch of chickens.” -Penny Johnson Jerald
- “Every pro was once an amateur. Every expert was once a beginner. So dream big. And start now.” -Unknown
- “Dreams come in a size too big so that we may grow into them.” -Josie Bisse
- “All men of action are dreamers.” -James Huneker
- “A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” -Oscar Wilde
- “All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.” – Brian Tracy
- “I tell people I’m too stupid to know what’s impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true.” – Debi Thomas
- “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” -W. Clement Stone
- “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.” – Life’s Little Instructions
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach the stars to change the world.” -Harriet Tubman
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” -John C. Maxwell
- “No dreamer is ever too small; no dream is ever too big.” – Anonymous
- “A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because her trust is not in the branch but in its wings. Always believe in yourself.” – Anonymous
- “Big dreams drive us to do things we’d never do for lesser dreams — in many ways they almost pull us through the obstacles we’re likely to have on the way to reaching them.” – Vic Johnson
- “If you dream big, believe big, and pray big. Do you know what will happen? Big Things!!” – Mark Dudley
12 Follow Your Dream Quotes
These 12 follow your dream quotes never fail to inspire us with their powerful messages. From reminding us that it's never too late to take a risk, to encouraging us to take action, these life-changing words will motivate anyone who reads them.
These quotes are a great reminder of why it's important to stay true to ourselves and have the courage to chase after our dreams. This is the perfect opportunity for all of us to start believing again in ourselves and our power to do amazing things!
- “Don’t just be a dreamer, create goals for yourself and follow them to the end.” — Nathan Ergang
- “You can't follow your dreams at a leisurely pace. You need to give them 100 percent of your effort if you want to achieve them.” -Unknown
- “As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning.” -Barbara Sher
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” –Henry David Thoreau
- “Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” – John Wooden
- “If your dreams are big, people will mock you for them. Forget those people; they will not help you succeed.” -Melvin Taylor
- “Dream big and dare to fail.” -Norman Vaughan
- “All our dreams can come true if we dare to pursue them.” –Walt Disney
- “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” -Seth Godin
- “Stop dreaming about your bucket list and start living it.” -Annette White
- “Persistence is much of what separates the successful from the pure wishful thinkers. Distinguish yourself by staying motivated even in the toughest of circumstances.” -Les Brown
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
13 Live Your Dream Quotes
These 13 live-your-dream quotes offer a much-needed dose of motivation when it's time to put our pep talks into practice. These words of wisdom urge us to reflect on our vision for the future, take risks, and follow through when the rubber meets the road.
These inspiring quotes remind us that life's too short not to go after what we want. So if you're stuck in limbo with big plans but no action – just do it! These quotes provide the boost we need to translate ambitious dreams into tangible goals.
- “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Paul Valery
- “Dream your dreams, achieve your own goals. Your journey is your own and unique.” -Roy Bennett
- “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” -Pablo Picasso
- “I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game of life everything he's got.” -Walter Cronkite
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” -Jonas Salk
- Opportunity doesn’t make appointments, you have to be ready when it arrives. – Tim Fargo
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” -James Dean
- “It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what's left? -Jim Carrey
- “It's not about believing in yourself; it's about being yourself–take action!” -Shannon L. Alder
- “You will never find time for anything. You must make it.” -Charles Buxton
- “Dare to dream, but even more importantly, dare to put action behinds your dreams.” –Josh Hinds
7 Quotes About the American Dream
The American Dream is something that has been talked about for centuries and is seen as the ideal of achieving financial, professional, and personal success – but what does that mean today, in a world full of dating apps, avocados on toast, and becoming TikTok famous?
We’re all striving for success no matter what it looks like to us personally.
So while we may still loosely define success as that long sought-after house with the white picket fence; today’s American dream is whatever you want it to be.
Want to own a yoga studio or start your own podcast network? You can turn those goals into reality if you have the drive, ambition, and persistence to make them happen!
- “I love entrepreneurship because that’s what makes this country grow, and if I can help companies grow, I am creating jobs; I am setting foundations for future generations. It sends the message that the American Dream is alive and well.” -Mark Cuban
- The American Dream is being able to follow your own personal calling. To be able to do what you want to do is incredible freedom. -Maya Lin
- “The American Dream I believe in provides anyone willing to work hard enough with the opportunity to succeed.” -Tammy Duckworth
- “The promise of the American Dream requires that we are all provided an equal opportunity to participate in and contribute to our nation.” -Charles Rangel
- “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. ‘” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “We must stop talking about the American dream and start listening to the dreams of Americans.” -Max Beerbohm
- “The faith that anyone could move from rags to riches – with enough guts and gumption, hard work and nose to the grindstone – was once at the core of the American Dream.” –Robert Reich
10 Quotes About Dreams and Goals
Dreams and goals can be daunting ventures for many, but with these words of wisdom from these successful individuals–Oprah Winfrey, Mia Conrad, Thomas Abreu, Meir Liraz and John Maxwell to name a few–it’s easier to understand that these endeavors are doable if you’re willing to put in the hard work.
After all, Jeff Bezos said it best: “The one thing I might regret is not trying” to reach your goals and dreams.
So the lesson here is these quotes aren't just empty words – they should be taken seriously, jotted down on paper, and acted upon!
- “You can never be happy living someone else's dream. Live your own. And you will for sure know the meaning of happiness.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “When you write down your goals, they become tangible and you become more motivated to work hard to achieve your dreams.” -Mia Conrad
- “A vision gives you a general direction for life while a process goal is part of the dream that you are accomplishing by taking specific actions today.” -Thomas Abreu
- “Dreams and wishes are not goals until they are written as specific end results on paper.” -Meir Liraz
- “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” -John Maxwell
- “I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” -Jeff Bezos
- “A goal that's a year out is a very far away dream, and so it's helpful to break those goals down into smaller pieces.” -Rachel Rofe
- “There is a difference between a dream and a goal. A dream is a gift you want to be given. A goal is something you work to achieve.” -Brian Knapp
- “We must share our dreams with people who will see us working toward and accomplishing our goals. Be encouraged by people who say, ‘How about trying it this way?'” -David DeNotaris
- “At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable.”– Christopher Reeve
A Final Word On Dreaming Big and The Power of Quotes
When these powerful quotes on the power of dreaming big come around, it is important to remember that these lines can act like directions for reaching your goals. That is, these quotes are lovely, but they don't mean much if you're not motivated to set these goals and make them come true.
In conclusion, these dream-big quotes are useful because they offer inspirational reminders about why these goals are worth pursuing in the first place. So, take these pieces of wisdom as motivators for setting achievable and meaningful goals – those that will make a difference in your life!
Dream big and work hard!
For more posts like this, check out the following: