There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Tired of always trying to fit in—of constantly trying to be like everyone else in order to be accepted?
Well, we’ve got news for you—you’re not meant to fit in. You’re not even required to think and act like everybody else.
You are special, and you’ve got unique contributions to share with the world.
Today, we have a collection of you are special quotes and sayings to remind you that your unique contribution to the world is important.
These quotes and sayings are from people of influence in different fields of expertise, vocations, and walks of life.
We’ve handpicked these quotes to help you realize why trying to fit in goes against what we’re truly destined to be.
It’s time to embrace your uniqueness. Accept what makes you different from the rest.
Own your weirdness. Claim your destiny.
37 You Are Special Quotes and Sayings
- “You are not one in a million, you are one in 7.7 billion.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
- “Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” – Naya Rivera
- “Different is good, and being different is what makes us stand out in the world.” – Natalya Neidhart
- “Every single thing you do matters. You have been created as one of a kind. You have been created in order to make a difference. You have within you the power to change the world.” – Andy Andrews
- “I find that the very things that I get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing my own thing and just being original, is the very thing that’s making me successful.” – Shania Twain
- “So you're a little weird? Work it! A little different? OWN it! Better to be a nerd than one of the herd!” – Mandy Hale
- “Be different so that people can see you clearly amongst the crowds.” – Mehmet Murat İldan
- “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “What sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it’s not. And a lot of the time, it’s what makes you great.” – Emma Stone
- “To be successful, one has to be one of three bees – the queen bee, the hardest working bee, or the bee that does not fit in.” – Suzan Kassem
- “I think every person has their own identity and beauty. Everyone being different is what is really beautiful. If we were all the same, it would be boring.” – Tila Tequila
- “You have a one of a kind gift to offer this world, and you are unique in the entire history of creation.” – Wayne Dyer
- “I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
“I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
- “When you embrace your difference, your DNA, your look or heritage or religion or your unusual name, that’s when you start to shine.” – Bethenny Frankel
- “So what? You're another person, so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” – Yana Toboso
- “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
- “The most incredible beauty and the most satisfying way of life come from affirming your own uniqueness.” – Jane Fonda
- “Want to be one of a kind? Be yourself.” – Hayley Williams
- “Tell the world you are a one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated.” – Victoria Moran
- “By being yourself you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
- “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
- “I thought not fitting in was something I had to fix. Now I see it as my superpower.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “The human being is single, unique, and unrepeatable.” – John Paul II
- “Just as our fingerprints are one-of-a-kind, so is our identity. Each of us is a once-only articulation of what humans can be. We are rare, unmatched, mysterious. This is why the quality of openness is so crucial to our self-discovery. We cannot know ourselves by who we think we are, who others take us to be, or what our driver's license may say. We are fields of potential, some now actualized, most not yet.” – David Richo
- “Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” – Aslan
“Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” – Aslan
- “You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Cherish forever what makes you unique, ‘cuz you’re really a yawn if it goes.” – Bette Midler
- “When you are like everyone, you are nobody; but when you are different from everyone, you are somebody!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
- “Common people are often enough; that is why God made so many of them. Your job is to be — EXTRAORDINARY.” – Shanon L. Alder
- “We don't do things the same way everyone else does. We relish being different. We see that difference as an element that makes us more compelling.” – Reggie Fils-Aimé
- “It’s at the heart of everything we struggle with in life: longing to be valuable, to be accepted, to be prized, to be worth something to somebody, to have a life that matters, and God’s saying ‘You matter! I didn’t make anyone else like you. You’re not a reprint or a lithograph. You’re a one-of-a-kind, original creation of God.” – Louie Giglio
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
- “Sometimes, being different feels a lot like being alone. But with that being said, being true to that and being true to my standards and my way of doing things in my art and my music, everything that has made me feel very different…in the end, it has made me the happiest.” – Lindsey Stirling
- “We must never be afraid to be a sign of contradiction for the world.” – Mother Teresa
- “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
These you are special quotes are meant to encourage you to accept your true self and embrace what makes you unique.
Hopefully this collection can help you arrive at a deeper sense of self-love.
If you enjoyed this collection of quotes, you might also want to check out this post featuring a collection of self-love affirmations to build your confidence.
If you love any of the artwork featured in this post, a share through your favorite social media platform is appreciated.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..