There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Sometimes the only way past an obstacle is to put one foot forward and keep going.
In today’s post, we’ll discuss the merits of staying power, and how continuing onwards is the wisest course of action. If you feel like you’re in the middle of a mountain, these keep going quotes may just give you the oomph you need to carry on.
Whether physical or mental, whenever we set ourselves a goal – whether personal or professional, at some point in our journey we’re going to encounter sticking points.
This applies to anything you can think of; achieving a fitness goal, getting a promotion, or healing old emotional wounds, there isn’t a facet of life that isn’t going to present challenges to us.
In many ways, it’s the obstacles or difficulties that yield the most valuable lessons and insights. It’s the raw material of our best wisdom that we can draw on no matter what sort challenged we face in the future.
However, understanding this is one thing, and applying this knowledge is another thing entirely. We all understand the power of persistence but we don’t necessarily always feel like getting out of bed to face the day's challenges.
This is where this compendium of keep going quotes can help you. Our minds can generate inspiration and motivation from countless sources and the words you read are one of these sources of strength.
So, if you’re feeling down and out, inspiring words may give you that boost you need to push through an obstacle and get closer to your goals and dreams.
- “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” – Gordon B. Hinkley
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.” – Nicole Kidman
Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.” – Nicole Kidman
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.” – James R. Cook
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Show me a person who doesn’t make mistakes and I’ll show you a person who doesn’t do anything.” – Leonard Rubino
- “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old. They grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” – Gabriel García Márquez
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” – Richard Branson
- “I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up. Most people in this business gave up and went on to other things. If you simply didn’t give up, you would outlast the people who came in on the bus with you.” – Harrison Ford
- “Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.”- Bill Murray
Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.” – Bill Murray
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Live every week like it’s Shark Week.” – Tracy Jordan
- “Even small positive shifts in thinking, create huge results if you are consistent in your efforts.” – Nanette Mathews
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “Training has been such a huge part of my life and career I hope to keep going with it.” – David Prowse
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, it stands to reason that I'm going to get there.” – Rachel Joyce
- “You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “Once you realize there is a life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away.” – Bob Schieffer
Once you realize there is a life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away.” – Bob Schieffer
- “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Vince Lombardi
- “You've just got to keep going through the tough times and try your best every time you play.” – Tammy Abraham
- “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Sometimes, you’ve got to work a little, so you can ball a lot.” – Tom Haverford
- “We've just got to keep going. More. More work, more action, more results.” – Gina Raimondo
- “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Unknown
- “I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead.” – Roald Dahl
- “What winning is to me is not giving up, is no matter what's thrown at me, I can take it. And I can keep going.” – Patrick Swayze
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D Larson
Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D Larson
- “Instead of letting the hard times get me down, I've learned to keep going to look for the hidden good.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
- “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- “When life events mimic shattered glass, carefully locate the pieces then gently pick them up.” – Gina Greenlee
- “Don’t think about making art. Just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.”- Andy Warhol
- “I don't want to look back. I want to keep going forward, I still have something to say to people.” – Joe Strummer
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “Siren voices tell me, ‘You don’t have to keep going on.’ And then you think, ‘I’m a writer. What do I do? Sit there watching my wife clean up?’ I don’t know. I like being a writer.” – Terry Pratchett
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”- Estee Lauder
- “You are likely to fall when you stop paddling your bicycle. Such is life. As long as you don’t give up, you will never end up failing!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “You wouldn’t train for a marathon & then give up a mile before the finish line. Same goes with your life & dreams.” – Dawn Gluskin
- “I have younger friends who don’t work, and they aren’t doing so well. My secret is to keep going, keep working.” – Les Paul
- “I’ll keep going till my face falls off.” – Barbara Cartland
- “The road of growth, enlargement and glory is outrageously difficult, but avoiding it is like avoiding your magnificent destiny.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Keep your head up. Move forward. Keep going.” – Alex Trebek
- “You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going.” – Morgan Wootten
Keeping on is sometimes the smartest move, as much as clever shortcuts can sometimes save you time when it comes down to it; grit solves nearly any issue.
It can be hard to wade through the mud to get through to the shore but it’s these experiences that shape us and bring us towards our full potential as humans.
So, if you’re having trouble making progress, come back and check out these keep going quotes to help you back on the path.
And if you're looking for more resources like this one, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 81 Determination Quotes to Overcome Your Personal Obstacles
- 43 Patience Quotes to Inspire You Through Difficult Challenges
- 13 Common Personality Traits of Successful People
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.