There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Going through difficult and challenging times can certainly test your patience.
Being impatient, however, makes you more prone to hasty decisions and impulsive actions. It can lead to further problems, making it even more difficult to overcome a challenging experience.
Today’s collection of patience quotes serves to remind us of the advantage of being patient during challenging moments in life.
These days, when quick fixes and instant gratification are the norm, patience has become extremely rare. We probably need to be reminded of the benefits of patience in order to cultivate this virtue within ourselves.
The Benefits of Patience During Trying Times
Patience as a personal attribute offers the following benefits:
We hope that the following quotes inspire you to find that still point within and have patience during difficult times. May you be rewarded with outcomes that are favorable and in line with your goals and aspirations.
Inspirational Patience Quotes for Life and Work
- “Patience is a conquering virtue.” – Geoffrey Chaucer
- “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – A. A. Milne
- “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” – Tony Gaskins
Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” – Tony Gaskins
- “To lose patience is to lose the battle.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” – Ovid
- “Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance.” – Virgil
- “Have patience with all things but first of all with yourself.” – Francis de Sales
- “At the bottom of patience one finds heaven.” – Kanuri saying
- “Patience is not passive, on the contrary, it is concentrated strength.” – Bruce Lee
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
- “Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.” – Ovid
- “Be patient because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Author Unknown
- “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
- “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
- “Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains.” – William Penn
- “Trying to understand is like straining through muddy water. Have the patience to wait! Be still and allow the mud to settle.” – Lao Tzu
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
- “When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They're opportunities to learn patience.” – Scott Curran
- “Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is “timing”. It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.” – Fulton J. Sheen
- “The salt of patience seasons everything.” – Italian saying
- “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
- “Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures.” – Joseph Addison
- “Patience is the master key to every situation. One must have sympathy for everything, surrender to everything, but at the same time remain patient and forbearing.” – Franz Kafka
- “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” – Mary Pierce
- “Time is the wisest of all counselors.” – Plutarch
- “I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work.” – Greg Behrendt
- “Being a good teacher takes patience; being a good doctor also takes patience. In fact, if you want to excel in anything, master any skill, patience is an asset.” – Eknath Easwaran
- “Patience is a key element of success.” – Bill Gates
- “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” – Molière
- “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
- “Patience you must have, my young padawan.” – Yoda
Patience you must have, my young padawan.” – Yoda
- “Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “All great achievements require time.” – Maya Angelou
- “When it comes to increasing motivation and self-control, you have to remain patient and allow your mind to adapt to the new changes.” – Jill Hesson
- “Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty.” – John Ruskin
- “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered you will find life is easier.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Patience is the key to contentment.” – The Prophet Muhammad
- “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” – Greek Proverb
- “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” – Daisaku Ikeda
Final Thoughts on Patience Quotes
We live in a world of quick fixes and instant gratification, and it has become difficult to remain patient when things don’t go our way or we’re faced with challenging situations.
But being patient is an essential ingredient to our success, happiness, and well-being, especially if you're a parent. We hope this collection of patience quotes inspires you to cultivate patience as a personal attribute.
If you need more words of support during difficult times, this post featuring resilience quotes will encourage you to overcome any adversity in life.
We hope that you enjoyed today’s collection of quotes. If you love any of the artwork featured here, feel free to share it through your platform of choice!
And if you want more eye-opening quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 41 Focus on Yourself Quotes for 2023
- 35 Silence Quotes About the Power of Quiet Reflection
- 83 Quotes About Understanding Others and Your Relationships
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..