There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Yoda as a life coach?
Sure, you might be having the workshops on swampy Dagobah, and the speaker may talk in what seems like gibberish.
However, the 900-year-old Jedi is a bona fide fount of wisdom. He is a teacher, a great warrior, a nice friend to the Wookies, and is probably the first creature to do a mic drop with his statement, “That is why you fail.”
Although he is a fictional character in the Star Wars movie franchise, the words of the Great Jedi Master have become a guiding force many people’s lives through the years.
Although most would say that he “talked funny,” his philosophy has been distilled to numerous valuable lessons that are applicable in real life. Here are six of them:
Today in this post, we feature 39 of Yoda’s famous quotes that encourage you to actually take action rather than just try to do something.
That makes sense as well, when we usually fall into the habit of procrastination. His other pithy sayings are also just as applicable whether you’re training to be a Jedi master or just searching for a way to live a healthier, better life.
So for this article we have handpicked inspiring quotes from Yoda, Yoda quotes about choice and learning, and Yoda quotes about fear and the dark side.
First, let’s check out the inspiring quotes from Yoda. The Jedi’s words aim to uplift and assure you that there is hope even in the darkest hour.
Here we go.
Inspiring Quotes from Yoda
- “May the force be with you.”
- “Your weapons, you will not need them.”
- “Smaller in number are we, but larger in mind.”
- “You will find only what you bring in.”
- “Stay for some soup you must.”
- “Luminous beings are we… not this crude matter.”
- “You will know good from bad when you are at peace and passive.”
- “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?”
- “Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.”
- “Feel the force!”
- “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.”
- “In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.”
“In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.” -Yoda
- “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.”
- “Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future… the past. Old friends long gone.”
- “Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? ‘How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?’ Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is.”
- “Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”
- “To answer power with power, the Jedi way is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.”
In life, we all make choices. Most of these choices are as uncomplicated as choosing what to wear, while other decisions we need to make will affect the course of our lives for years to come.
Sometimes, the choices we’ve made lead us to happiness, while others generate a deep sense of guilt and regret. Regardless of the outcome, a lesson was learned.
The Great Jedi who trained Luke Skywalker constantly reminded his student about the importance of making the right choices.
In the next section, we feature Yoda quotes about choice and learning.
Yoda Quotes About Choice and Learning
- “Much to learn you still have my old Padawan. This is just the beginning.”
- “To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle or the night.”
- “I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.”
- “A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
- “Decide you must, how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered.”
- “Control, control, you must learn control!”
- “Always pass on what you have learned.”
“Always pass on what you have learned.” – Yoda
- “Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.”
- “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
- “If no mistake you have made, losing you are. A different game you should play.”
- “Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained.”
- “Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.”
- “You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.”
Oftentimes, the greatest stumbling block on our way to personal success is fear.
And in the Star Wars movies, Yoda has to constantly remind his student there is a reason why it’s necessary to overcome what he's most afraid of. Being consumed by fear is the easiest gateway to fall into the Dark Side.
In this section, we present the most popular Yoda quotes about fear and the Dark Side.
Yoda Quotes About Fear and the Dark Side
- “When you look at the dark side, careful you must be, for the dark side looks back.”
- “The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future the future is.”
- “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”
- “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.”
“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” – Yoda
- “The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side.”
- “Named must be your fear before banish it you can.”
- “In the end, cowards are those who follow the Dark Side.”
- “If you end your training now, if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil.”
Final Thoughts on Yoda Quotes
Do you have favorites among the quotes featured today? Is there a quote that resonates with you among the words of wisdom from Yoda?
We’d love to hear from you. If you’d like to share your experience with these quotes or even about any of the Star Wars movies, feel free to write about it in the comments section below.
Also, if you loved any of the artwork found in this page, we appreciate a share through your favorite social media.
In addition, if you wish to infuse more positivity in your life to keep the Dark Side at bay, check out this post for the ultimate guide to beat negative thinking.
Well, as the Jedi Master would say, “May the Force be with you.”
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 35 Inspirational Quotes About Living in the Moment
- 108 Never Give Up Quotes for When Life Gets Hard (2023)
- 73 Quotes About Life to Inspire & Motivate You Throughout the Day
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..