There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
When it comes to daily motivation, it’s your mindset that really counts.
In today’s post, we’ll be going deep into the power of a positive attitude and giving you some choice mindset quotes to chew on.
A positive mindset may sound like something corny, or another wishy-washy statement that doesn’t mean anything, but it really can be the difference between victory and defeat sometimes.
Your mindset is your springboard into the world, it determines some basic beliefs about how life turns, and it also influences how you act, behave, think, and feel.
A consciously cultivated mindset can be your best friend, but an unruly mindset has the total opposite effect.
A good example of this is the growth mindset, which in a nutshell is the firm belief that no matter where you start from, you can always get better. Contrast this with the fixed mindset, which is the stubborn belief that your abilities and potential are fixed at birth.
Looking at these two examples, which one is more likely to make you try harder and get better? If you deeply believe you can always improve, you give everything a good effort, and as coincidence would have it, you improve.
If someone with a fixed mindset entered the gym, they might go on the treadmill a few times, get out of breath (or maybe even fall off the treadmill) and decide that this is not for them.
A person with a growth mindset may also get out of breath but knows that if they keep showing up they’ll soon become fit.
The fact is, anything in life takes a bit of persistence. Nearly everything is going to be difficult the first time – what separates those who can from those who can’t is often just a matter of pushing through the uncomfortable beginner stages.
- “Invest in yourself. You’ll make the money back. Just keep an abundant mindset.” – Robin S. Baker
- “The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.” – John Foster Dulles
- “Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” – Carol Dweck
Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” – Carol Dweck
- “The mind is just like a muscle – the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets and the more it can expand.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “Your mind is its own food in the appetite to success.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “What is’ is more important than ‘what should be.’ Too many people are looking at ‘what is’ from a position of thinking ‘what should be’.” – Bruce Lee
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “Thoughts and ideas are the source of all wealth, success, material gain, all great discoveries, inventions and achievements.” – Mark Victor Hansen
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
- “It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “Policy-makers continue to discover that they cannot solve today’s problems with yesterday’s mindsets.” – Widad Akrawi
- “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
- “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
- “The spirit of the individual is determined by his dominating thought habits.” – Bruce Lee
The spirit of the individual is determined by his dominating thought habits.” – Bruce Lee
- “Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.” – Amit Ray
- “The biggest game you will ever play is the game in your mind. Master your mind, master your world.” – Kevin Abdulrahman
- “The revelation of thought takes men out of servitude into freedom.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
- “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” – Steve Maraboli
- “An undisciplined mind is a wasted one, which will be reflected in the life of the one who possesses such a mind.” – Stephen Richards
- “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “If you find yourself easily provoked, then just change the channel.” – Toba Beta
- “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” – Michelangelo
- “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Act as if it was, and it will be.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Act as if it was, and it will be.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Neatness and cleanliness is not a function of how rich or poor you are but that of mentality and principle.” – Ikechukwu Izuakor
- “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
- “Let the dataset change your mindset.” – Hans Rosling
- “The mind is a powerful thing. It can take you through walls.” – Denis Avey
- “Some of the world’s greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.” – Doug Larson
- “If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
- “Poor people have the desire to prosper but their mindset stops them.” – Matthew Ashimolowo
- “Real difficulties can be overcome; It is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore N.Vail
- “What we beileve is what we see.” – Sukant Ratnakar
- “The difference between average and good. Good and Great! Great and Phenomenal! It’s their mindset!” – Eric Thomas
- “Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” – Jameson Fran
- “Take up one idea, make that one idea your life – Think of it, dream of it, life on that idea.” – Swami Vivekananda
Take up one idea, make that one idea your life – Think of it, dream of it, life on that idea.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Focus on what you can control. That is always enough.” – Hunter Post
- “Leadership is a mindset that shifts from being a victim to creating results. Any one of us can demonstrate leadership in our work and within our lives.” – Robin Sharma
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
- “What you feed your mind, will lead your life.” – Kemi Sogunle
- “I don’t think you ever will yourself to win. I think you prepare yourself the best you can, get yourself in the best mindset you can get in, and go after it.” – Jack Nicklaus
- “No man is ever whipped until he quits — in his own mind.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Believe you can….and you are halfway there!” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “The same way we grow our bodies we must attend to our mind and spirit.” – Nikki rowe
- “Only changes in mindsets can extend the frontiers of the possible.” – Winston Churchill
- “It is in the small decisions you and I make every day that creates our destiny.” – Tony Robbins
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
That brings us to the end of our mindset quotes. Taking the time to develop a mindset that works for you instead of against you is one of the best things you can do at any age.
However, a mindset is not a light switch and can’t be turned on easily. It takes time and discipline to change deep-rooted beliefs about life and success.
And if you want more resources about positive mindset, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 30 Affirmations for Setting and Achieving Goals
- 81 Determination Quotes to Overcome Your Personal Obstacles
- 43 Patience Quotes to Inspire You Through Difficult Challenges
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.