41 Strong Woman Quotes to Inspire Your Life
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Like most of us, there might be times in your life when a few inspiring words can give you that much-needed push to keep going.
Today, we’re sharing with you strong woman quotes from women and men who understand that women hold a lot of power within them.
For the first time in history, America has chosen a woman to hold the second most powerful position in the government. This is an affirmation for young girls all across the country that they, too, can be anything they want to be.
The quotes in this collection are meant to empower, affirm, and celebrate the power of strong women. May these words inspire you to claim your rightful place in the world.
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
- “I know my worth. I embrace my power. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story. I will.” – Amy Schumer
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
- “If women understood their power they could remake the world.” – Emily Taft Douglas
- “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” – Brigham Young
- “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney
- “They tried to bury us; they did not know we were the seeds.” – Mexican Proverb
- “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus Finch
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
- “An empress does not concern herself with the antics of fools.” – Gabrielle Union
- “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs… to free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves — there lies the great, the singular power of self-respect.” – Joan Didion
- “Whenever you see a successful woman, look out for three men who are going out of their way to try to block her.” – Yulia Tymoshenko
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “There are much more important qualities to have than a docile disposition.” – C. J. Redwine
- “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” – Gina Carey
“A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” – Gina Carey
- “Before the moon I am, what a woman is, a woman of power, a woman’s power, deeper than the roots of trees, deeper than the roots of islands, older than the Making, older than the moon.” – Ursula K. LeGuin
- “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
- “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you're knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can't or shouldn't go on.” – Hillary Clinton
- “Nothing I accept about myself can be used against me to diminish me.” – Audre Lorde
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I’m not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
- “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
- “A woman is like a tea bag — you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “I’m tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
- “When I’m hungry, I eat. When I’m thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.” – Madonna
- “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
- “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – Carolyn Myss
- “Don’t let anyone speak for you, and don’t rely on others to fight for you.” – Michelle Obama
- “You’re not too fat. You’re not too loud. You’re not too smart. You’re not unladylike. There is nothing wrong with you.” – Jessica Valenti
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
- “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.” – Pink
- “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy
- “I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life — and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O'Keeffe
- “Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” – Byron Katie
“Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” – Byron Katie
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Author Unknown
Final Thoughts on Strong Woman Quotes
There you have it—41 powerful quotes from women and men who understand the true power of a strong woman.
We hope that this collection empowers you to stand proud as a woman. We wish you success in all that you do, and hope that you achieve all that you dream of.
As a woman, you may find yourself juggling responsibilities brought on by your different roles in life. Remember that self-care is essential to avoid burnout. Check out our suggestions for self-care ideas for women in this post.
In addition, you can infuse fun into your daily routine with fun hobbies. Head over to this post for our suggestions for fun hobbies for women to try this year.