There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Wanna know the secret for lasting success in your career?
Talent and strong connections can only get you so far. To get ahead, get on top, and stay there, you need strong work ethics.
Hard work and discipline are the foundation of a formidable work ethic. The following are some of the signs that someone possesses this attitude:
Most employers view employees with strong work ethics as assets to the workplace. Often, these employees have more opportunities for career advancement and pay raises.
If you’re ready to be recognized as someone who is dependable and has good work habits, let the following work ethic quotes be your beacon as you work your way to success.
- “Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means.” – Albert Einstein
- “What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.” – Jason Fried
- “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
- “Work ethic is important because, unlike intelligence, athleticism, charisma, or any other natural attribute, it's a choice.” – Mike Rowe
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “If you want to be a true professional, do something outside yourself.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work.” – Chuck Close
- “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
- “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
- “Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.” – Tim Fargo
- “Genes can’t make you successful if you’re not doing the work. Yes, it’s possible that the ripped trainer at the gym has better genes, but if you haven’t put in the same reps, it’s impossible to say if you have been dealt a better or worse genetic hand. Until you work as hard as those you admire, don’t explain away their success as luck.” – James Clear
- “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
- “Don’t work for recognition but do work worthy of recognition.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
“Don’t work for recognition but do work worthy of recognition.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Work hard in silence. Let success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
- “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
- “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
- “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.” – Tim Duncan
- “You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.” – Stephen C. Hogan
- “I have a work ethic. If I say I’m going to do something, I do it.” – Viggo Mortensen
- “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy.” – Robert Half
- “I learned the value of hard work by working hard.” – Margaret Mead
- “What you do in practice is going to determine your level of success. I used to tell my players, ‘You have to give 100 percent every day. Whatever you don’t give, you can’t make up for tomorrow. If you give only 75 percent today, you can’t give 125 percent tomorrow to make up for it.’” – John Wooden
- “Everyone talks about age, but it’s not about age. It’s about work ethic. Winning never gets old.” – Lisa Leslie
- “Professionalism shouldn’t be defined by a person’s paycheck, role or title. It should be defined by a person’s work ethic.” – Janna Cachola
- “Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs
- “Ideas don’t work for people unwilling to do the work.” – Robin Sharma
- “You can map out a fight plan or a life plan, but when the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes – your training. That’s where your roadwork shows. If you cheated on that in the dark of morning, you’re getting found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe Frazier
- “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” – Marvin Phillips
- “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
Final Thoughts About Work Ethic Quotes
We hope that this collection of quotes about having a strong work ethic can ignite that spark to help you accomplish greater things in the workplace.
You may have found a favorite quote or two from the 35 featured here today. If so, feel free to re-tweet them. Also, if you love any of the artwork in this post, a share through your social media platform of choice is appreciated.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for more resources about career success, here are some articles that are worth a read: