Thanks for purchasing the audio version of 10-Minute Digital Declutter: Simple Habits to Pare Down, Unplug, and De-Stress from Online Overwhelm.
I know what it’s like to listen to audio content. You hear an important link, but can’t immediately write it down. So I’ve put together these show notes of every link that’s mentioned in 10-Minute Digital Declutter.
IMPORTANT: As another way of saying “thanks,” I’m offering a free PDF version of this book. Just forward your Audible receipt to [email protected] and I’ll hook you up with a copy.
Let’s get to those notes…
- Pew Research Center, today, eight in ten U.S. adults (81%) say they use laptop and desktop computers at home, work, school, and everywhere in between.
- Live Bold and Bloom – Barrie Davenport’s award-winning personal development site
- Develop Good Habits – S.J. Scott’s habit development blog
- HabitBooks.com – habit-related books by S.J.
- “The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload” – book by Daniel Levitin
- The World’s Technological Capacity to Store, Communicate, and Compute Information – study conducted by Dr. Martin Hilbert and his team at the University of Southern California conducted and published in the journal Science
- Time Mobility poll – says that 84% of people worldwide said they couldn’t go a single day without their mobile device
- Kaiser Family Foundation study – says that young people ages 8 to 18 now spend nearly every waking moment when they are not in school using media
- Internet Addiction Prevalence and Quality of (Real) Life: A Meta-Analysis of 31 Nations Across Seven World Regions – a 2014 study published in the journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
- Chinese teen chops hand off to ‘cure’ internet addiction – article on internet addiction in China; how an estimated 14 percent of China’s youth are hooked on the internet
- Web Junkie – a new documentary which follows the treatment of three Chinese teenagers who so prefer the virtual world over the real one that their lives are severely compromised
- Microstructure Abnormalities in Adolescents with Internet Addiction Disorder – a 2011 study we herein Chinese researchers studied 18 young people who were addicted to the internet.
- [PDF] ICT use and mental health in young adults: Effects of computer and mobile phone use on stress, sleep disturbances, and symptoms of depression – studied the habits of more than 4,100 men and women, aged between 20 and 24, over the course of a year found that those who constantly use a computer or their mobile phone can develop stress, sleeping disorders and depression
- Why using a computer can cause depression – article mentioning a large scale study reinforcing the link between excessive computer use and depression
- Our reliance on technology and obsession with being constantly connected is clearly harming our relationships.
- The Effect Of Technology On Relationships – Psychology Today article by Alex Lickman, MD
- A Great List Of 400 Value Words
- What are Keystone Habits? – on his blog, Steve talked about the importance of keystone habits, which create multiple positive effects throughout your life.
- Media multitaskers pay mental price, Stanford study shows – researched the performance levels of multi-taskers
- Leo Babauta of Zen Habits on wishful thinking clutter
- What is Ego Depletion? How can it derail successful habit change? – “a person’s diminished capacity to regulate their thoughts, feelings and actions”
- “Tiny Habits” – concept developed by B.J. Fogg
- Apps to track your progress: Chains or Coach.me
- Rescue Time – runs in the background of your computer and gives you a detailed report (broken down by time spent and overall percentages) of the sites and applications that you frequently use
- Change your Facebook “friends” to “acquaintance”
Social media tools:
- Flipboard – lets you feed in a list of keywords you’re interested in and then compiles content based on your interests
- If This Then That (IFTTT) – a tool that can streamline your social media activities, and to some extent your online life
- Declutter Your Inbox – book by Steve that can help you successfully tackle your email issue
- Unroll.me – allows you to make a decision about every list subscription. Within a few minutes you can remove your email address from every list—all at once.
- Boomarang extension – creates reminders for specific tasks
Most popular calendar tools:
Project management software
Music and podcast apps
- iTunes match – allows you to access your entire library through the cloud.
- Stitcher – a podcast streaming service
Evernote – a great notetaking app
List Making Apps
Goal Setting Apps
Syncing and Cloud Based Apps
Cloud-based backup programs
Naked Security – reports that the average person uses over 150 websites that require a login and passwords
Programs that find and eliminate duplicate files
Some of the best anti-virus and security programs include:
Computer tuneup programs
Did you like “10-Minute Digital Declutter”?
Could you please take a minute or two and leave a review for this book on Amazon?
More Books by Barrie
- Sticky Habits: 6 Simple Steps To Create Good Habits That Stick
- Confidence Hacks: 99 Small Actions to Massively Boost Your Confidence
- Building Confidence: Get Motivated, Overcome Social Fear, Be Assertive, and Empower Your Life For Success
- The 52-Week Life Passion Project: Uncover Your Life Passion
More Books by Steve
- Exercise Every Day: 32 Tactics for Building the Exercise Habit (Even If You Hate Working Out)
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
- Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Get Results in Your Life
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple: 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
- 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
- Writing Habit Mastery: How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer’s Block
- Daily Inbox Zero: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint: The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 70 Healthy Habits: How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year