Hello! I am Steve Scott. Also known as SJ Scott. As you might know, I've written numerous books on habit development. Books that will hopefully help you make a change for the better in your life.
The trick is to help YOU find the books that match your interests and what you would like to improve. So in this section, I will briefly review my top books and show where you can grab them on your preferred platform.
Let's get to it.
What You Will Learn
- Habit Stacking: 127 Small Actions That Take Five Minutes or Less
- Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking
- Mindful Relationship Habits: 25 Practices for Couples to Enhance Intimacy, Nurture Closeness, and Grow a Deeper Connection
- The Mindfulness Journal: Daily Practices, Writing Prompts, and Reflections for Living in the Present Moment
- The 90-Day Gratitude Journal: A Mindful Practice for Lifetime of Happiness
- The 90-Day Mindfulness Journal: 10 Minutes a Day to Live in the Present Moment
- The Budgeting Habit: How to Make a Budget and Stick to It!
- Master Todoist: How to Use a Simple App to Create Actionable To-Do Lists and Organize Your Life
- How to Stop Procrastinating: A Simple Guide to Mastering Difficult Tasks and Breaking the Procrastination Habit
- 10-Minute Mindfulness: 71 Habits for Living in the Present Moment
- Novice to Expert: 6 Steps to Learn Anything, Increase Your Knowledge, and Master New Skills
- Effortless Journaling: How to Start a Journal, Make It a Habit, and Find Endless Writing Topics
- Happier Human: 53 Science-Backed Habits to Increase Your Happiness
- Mindful Parenting Habits: 26 Practices for Raising Your Child with More Presence and Less Stress (From Infancy to Kindergarten)
- Weight Loss Mastery: 5 Habits to Shed Belly Fat and Keep it Off for Good
- Stack Your Savings: How to Save More Money, Slash Your Spending, and Master Your Finances
- The Miracle Morning for Writers: How to Build a Writing Ritual That Increases Your Impact and Your Income (Before 8AM)
- SJ Scott's: Productive Habits Book Bundle (Books 1-5)
- 10-Minute Digital Declutter: The Simple Habit to Eliminate Technology Overload
- 10-Minute Declutter: The Stress-Free Habit for Simplifying Your Home
- Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (*Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
- Exercise Every Day: 32 Tactics for Building the Exercise Habit
- The Accountability Manifesto: How Accountability Helps You Stick to Goals
- Confident You: An Introvert's Guide to Success in Life and Business
- Level Up Your Day: How to Maximize the 6 Essential Areas of Your Daily Routine
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Overcome Your Procrastination
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- Writing Habit Mastery – How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer's Block
- Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break Any Bad Habit
- Wake Up Successful – How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- Daily Inbox Zero: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple – 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint – The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year
- 70 Healthy Habits – How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- How to Quit Your Smoking Habit: Without The Stress or Weight Gain
Habit Stacking: 127 Small Actions That Take Five Minutes or Less
Want to improve your life, but don't have enough time?
Right now you could easily think of a dozen ways to instantly improve your life. Odds are, these ideas will only take a few minutes apiece to complete. The problem? You might feel like there's not enough time to do all of them. One solution can be found using the power of “habit stacking.”
You will discover 127 quick habits that can instantly improve your life. Plus you'll discover how to create a simple routine (managed by a checklist) that you repeat on a daily basis. Even better, you'll discover a few tools that will keep you motivated and consistent. So even if you're completely stressed out, you'll still find the time and energy to complete these actions on a consistent basis.
Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking
Why This Book? We all experience the occasional negative thought. But if you always feel overwhelmed, then you need to closely examine how these thoughts are negatively impacting your lifestyle.
The solution is to practice specific mindfulness techniques that create more “space” in your mind to enjoy inner peace and happiness. With these habits, you'll have the clarity to prioritize what's most important in your life, what no longer serves your goals, and how you want to live on a daily basis. And that's what you'll learn in Declutter Your Mind.
Mindful Relationship Habits: 25 Practices for Couples to Enhance Intimacy, Nurture Closeness, and Grow a Deeper Connection
Feel disconnected from your spouse or partner? Struggle to keep your relationship fresh? Worried that everything will end in heartbreak?
If you want to build a deeper connection with your spouse or partner, then one solution is to build “Mindful Relationship Habits.”
Mindful Relationship Habits will show you how to have a more mindful relationship by applying 25 specific practices. These habits will help you be more present with one another, communicate better, avoid divisive arguments, and understand how to respond to one another's needs in a more loving, empathic, and conscious way.
The Mindfulness Journal: Daily Practices, Writing Prompts, and Reflections for Living in the Present Moment
Want to make “mindfulness” a daily habit? Or experience more joy with everyday moments? Tired of life slipping by in a haze of distraction?
The Mindfulness Journal is your daily guidebook for living in the present moment and experiencing the richness of life by applying mindfulness to your work, your relationships, or even the most mundane tasks of your day.
With “The Mindfulness Journal,” you will have simple activities to practice each day, and then you will write about your experiences with mindfulness, which reinforces your efforts.This journal provides a total of 365 daily writing prompts divided into 52 weekly mindfulness topics.
This arrangement gives you seven days to immerse yourself in each topic.It is designed to awaken you to mindfulness in various natural moments throughout your day, as well as with some activities that may be new for you.
The 90-Day Gratitude Journal: A Mindful Practice for Lifetime of Happiness
Do you often feel surrounded by negativity? Every day, we are bombarded by bad news, political discord, and catastrophic world events. The antidote to our unhappiness isn't the newest thing, the latest diet fad, or the next achievement. The antidote is gratitude.
And the simplest way to practice gratitude is to turn it into a daily habit—specifically with this book: The 90-Day Gratitude Journal: A Mindful Practice for Lifetime of Happiness.
The 90-Day Mindfulness Journal: 10 Minutes a Day to Live in the Present Moment
If you're like most people, your life is FILLED with stress — long hours working, a frantic commute, and an avalanche of family responsibilities. You have little time to enjoy and savor life.
But with the practice of mindfulness, you can relieve stress, tame your worries, and find inner calm in just a few minutes a day. And that's what you will do with The 90-Day Mindfulness Journal: 10 Minutes a Day to Live in the Moment with Less Stress.
The Budgeting Habit: How to Make a Budget and Stick to It!
Struggling with your finances? Buried in credit card debt? Want a simple way to make a budget and stick with it?
Imagine what it would feel like to master your budget and not be in debt. All the money you currently pay to credit card companies can now be spent fixing up the house, taking a vacation, or investing in your retirement fund. You celebrate the holidays without dreading the credit card bill that is sure to arrive in January.
The solution is to re-frame your thinking by implementing a simple, step-by-step process that will help you master budgeting.
Master Todoist: How to Use a Simple App to Create Actionable To-Do Lists and Organize Your Life
Do you struggle with getting things done? Feel overwhelmed by your to-do list? Want a simple app to manage and organize your life
Fortunately, the TODOIST app is specifically designed help you manage all your day-to-day tasks — even when juggling dozens of projects. Todoist is widely considered to be the #1 to-do list app because of its simple functionality.
The goal of Master Todoist is to help you rethink your to-do lists. On the surface, you’ll find a walkthrough of all the app's features, but you’ll also discover many advanced strategies for focusing on the tasks that truly matter. You'll also discover how you can take massive action in your life by relying on a simple app that's trusted by over 5 million users.
How to Stop Procrastinating: A Simple Guide to Mastering Difficult Tasks and Breaking the Procrastination Habit
Why This Book? The book is a straight-forward, systematic framework for building an action-oriented habit through all the areas in your life. Simply put: If you're someone who procrastinates, then this bad habit is limiting your success in a variety of ways. If you don't address this issue, then you'll reduce the likelihood that you'll achieve your major goals.
That's why it's critical that you focus on eliminating your procrastination tendencies by building what I call the “anti-procrastination habit.”
Whether you're someone who lets the occasional task slip through the cracks or you always do things at the last minute, you'll discover an abundance of actionable advice in this book.
10-Minute Mindfulness: 71 Habits for Living in the Present Moment
Why This Book? You can be unconscious about your lifestyle choices, habits, and thoughts. You can be unconscious about your true values, life priorities, and deeper longings. And you're unconscious about living in the present moment because you're preoccupied by past regrets and worries for the future.
The solution is to incorporate mindfulness through your entire day — so you can enjoy inner peace and happiness. And the simplest way to do this is to build a series of mindfulness habits.
This book is for anyone who recognize the need to improve their focus, productivity, happiness, and peace of mind.
Novice to Expert: 6 Steps to Learn Anything, Increase Your Knowledge, and Master New Skills
Why This Book? We all want to expand on our existing knowledge. But sometimes it's impossible to stay consistent with a new skill or habit. It's easy to fall into the trap where you focus only on learning and never get around to implementing the information.
The truth is: You can learn anything… without spending lots of money… without dedicating thousands of hours to the process… and often without leaving the comfort of your home.
Effortless Journaling: How to Start a Journal, Make It a Habit, and Find Endless Writing Topics
Why This Book? Want to permanently capture those important moments? Or create a daily routine filled with quiet, self-reflection?
If so, then the secret is to build the “journal writing habit.” The truth is journaling can change your life. With journal writing, you can become healthier, happier, smarter, and more self-aware.
In fact, there are numerous science-backed benefits of journal writing. For instance, journaling can help: relieve your stress levels, improve your sleep, close those nagging “open loops” in your life, and cope with traumatic events from your past. Although journaling has many benefits, it's also a very challenging habit to build.
In this book, the authors cover topics like:
- 15 benefits of journaling (How it positively impacts your physical well-being, mental state, productivity, and personal life);
- How to combine journaling with the practice of mindfulness;
- 3 simple tools you need to get started with journaling;
- 9 popular journaling strategies — and how to pick the one that's right for you;
- 8 rules for consistent, daily journaling;
- How to turn journaling into a sticky, permanent habit.
Happier Human: 53 Science-Backed Habits to Increase Your Happiness
Why This Book? Happier Human provides a detailed examination of the strategies and ideas that actually make people happy. Each idea is supported by a wealth of research into why it works. Plus, it also includes a simple action plan for turning these ideas into permanent habits that people can incorporate into their busy lives.
Inside this accessible, entertaining guide, you'll learn:
- The role happiness plays in your success (hint: it's so much bigger than you think!)
- Which of our emotions are broken, and what that means for you
- 5 fundamental needs we all experience on a daily basis
- 8 reasons people struggle with unhappiness today
- How to identify and use the “big levers of happiness”
- How adaptation dampens your happiness … and what you can do to fight that tendency
- What the 80/20 Rule actually means, and how to use it
- And more…
Mindful Parenting Habits: 26 Practices for Raising Your Child with More Presence and Less Stress (From Infancy to Kindergarten)
Why This Book? As rewarding as parenthood is, the journey can be unpredictable, often fraught with exhaustion, frustration, exasperation, overwhelm, and boredom.
Today's generation of kids (and parents) are more stressed and anxious than ever before. That's why applying mindfulness to your parenting efforts is an essential part of raising happier, healthier, and less stressed kids.
Mindful Parenting Habits will give you practical ideas and strategies to:
- Become more proactive than reactive in your parenting efforts.
- Work with your spouse or partner as a team to present a unified front to your children.
- Be fully present with your children in difficult, neutral, and happy times.
- Respond compassionately during high-stress and uncomfortable situations with your children.
- Be aware of your child's unique needs so you can tailor your responses and expectations accordingly.
- Map out realistic schedules, activities, and rules that foster more presence and less distraction.
- Create an environment in your home that reinforces mindfulness.
- Be more mindful yourself so you have the space to be available to your children and family.
Weight Loss Mastery: 5 Habits to Shed Belly Fat and Keep it Off for Good
Why This Book? This book will teach you a simple formula: Burn more calories than you take in.
To keep the math simple, your goal will be to burn 500 calories more than you eat every single day. Specifically, you will discover five actionable habits you can use to lose a drastic amount of weight and keep it off!
You will learn:
- Why a 500 Calorie Reduction Should Be Your #1 Goal
- The 6 Pillars to Lose the “Right” Amount of Weight
- How Sugary Drinks Can Derail Your Weight Loss Efforts
- 8 Steps to Build to Plan Delicious AND Nutritious Meals
- 3 Strategies to Control What You Eat
- 37 Proven Fat-Burning Foods to Add to Your Diet
- 7 Steps to Create a Simple Exercise Habit
- The Dangers of the Modern “Fast Food” Diet
Stack Your Savings: How to Save More Money, Slash Your Spending, and Master Your Finances
Why This Book? Stack Your Savings: How to Save More Money, Slash Your Spending and Master Your Finances will show you how to use 5 “money levers” to build the money-saving habit.
You will learn:
- 7 pillars of the money-saving habit that you MUST master
- Why so many people carry so much debt
- 5 “money levers” that can skyrocket your savings!
- What to know about credit cards, credit scores, savings plans, and educational savings
- How to use goals and automation to increase your savings each month
- The secret to structuring your savings intelligently … to get REAL long-term results
The Miracle Morning for Writers: How to Build a Writing Ritual That Increases Your Impact and Your Income (Before 8AM)
Why This Book? The Miracle Morning for Writers combines Hal Elrod's global phenomenon with Steve Scott's proven writing habit techniques (which helped him get on the Wall Street Journal bestsellers list). You learn how to take charge of your morning and maximize “the rest of the day” for your writing efforts.
Here's what you'll discover in The Miracle Morning for Writers:
- How a morning routine can change every area of your life (Including your health, happiness, finances and relationships).
- The proven strategy for “finding the time” to write–even if you have a full-time job.
- Our method for selling lots of books (and the 8-step process to build it).
SJ Scott's: Productive Habits Book Bundle (Books 1-5)
Why This Book? Get FIVE of S.J. Scott's best-selling titles, each for under a $1. This bundle includes the following books:
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits
- To-Do List Makeover
- Wake Up Successful
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple
- Declutter Your Inbox
10-Minute Digital Declutter: The Simple Habit to Eliminate Technology Overload
Why This Book? This book is written for the person who is starting to recognize the danger of digital noise, but doesn't know how to live in this modern world without feeling overwhelmed. It's also for those who need a system for the information they do want. Not only will you get back more time, you'll also discover core strategies for maximizing the time you spend in the digital world.
If you have a desire to live an organized, simplified digital life — and to reclaim some of the time you spend with digital devices — then download 10-Minute Digital Declutter today.
10-Minute Declutter: The Stress-Free Habit for Simplifying Your Home
Why This Book? You can have a simpler life by living a home that's free from clutter. Imagine your closets, cabinets and possessions being completelyorganized. Wouldn't you feel relaxed?
You can make this happen with the daily decluttering habit. The good news? You can do this even if you're a busy professional or a parent who has little time for a massive organizing project.
With “10-Minute Declutter” you will learn how to organize your possessions into bite-sized, daily actions.
Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (*Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
Why This Book? Without a doubt, Evernote is the best tool for organizing your ideas and keeping track of all those resources you find throughout the day. On a personal level, I use Evernote on a daily basis for my book business.
With Master Evernote, not only will you get detailed “how-to” information on this app, you will also discover 75 ways you can incorporate it into your life.
Exercise Every Day: 32 Tactics for Building the Exercise Habit
Why This Book? Building the exercise habit is one area where many people struggle.
The interesting thing? One of the reasons you might not exercise is because you don't know how to handle specific obstacles.
What Exercise Every Day gives you is 32 strategies for overcoming the exercise challenges you face on a daily basis.
The Accountability Manifesto: How Accountability Helps You Stick to Goals
Do you want to achieve more by smartly harnessing other people? What if one person (or a group of smart individuals) could help you meet all of your important goals?
In “The Accountability Manifesto,” you will discover the power of public accountability and how it is the secret weapon of successful millionaires (even billionaires) all across the world. No longer will you need to work on goals in isolation. Instead, you can surround yourself with people who cheer on or coach you during those moments of doubt. To “be accountable,” all you need is a clear goal and a willingness to let others help you achieve it.
Confident You: An Introvert's Guide to Success in Life and Business
Why This Book? Being an introvert can be frustrating… The world applauds extroverts, so it's easy to feel left out in the cold.
But instead of trying to make you an extrovert, the goal of “Confident You” is to help you capitalize on all the positive aspects of being an introvert, while helping you overcome the less positive aspects of introversion. Co-authored by SJ Scott and Rebecca Livermore.
Level Up Your Day: How to Maximize the 6 Essential Areas of Your Daily Routine
Why This Book? Finding the work-life balance is hard when your day is filled with a never-ending amount of activities.
The trick is to structure your daily routine in a way where you minimize the pointless activities and maximize time spent on what's truly important.
In Level Up Your Day, you will learn how to balance the six areas of your life…on a daily basis.
Another Teamup with SJ Scott and Rebecca Livermore
To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
Why This Book? It's hard to be productive if you use the same to-do list for ALL of your tasks.
The truth is some projects take only a few minutes of your time, while others require multiple steps that can stretch over a period of weeks, even months.
With To-Do List Makeover, you will learn how to take all of your projects and turn them into lists that actually work.
23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Overcome Your Procrastination
Why This Book? We'd all like to get things done and become more productive. But what often happens is we put off important tasks and let them slip through the cracks.
The end result? We get overwhelmed by the amount of things to do.
In 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits, you will discover a catalog of ideas to help you overcome procrastination on a daily basis.
The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
Why This Book? Entrepreneurship can be exciting. It can also be stressful, frustrating and full of challenges.
Most entrepreneurs begin with a dream of financial freedom, but often the reality fails to match the expectations.
In The Daily Entrepreneur, we talk about the power of habit development and show how to use it to overcome your specific challenges.
Writing Habit Mastery – How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer's Block
Why This Book? Many people dream of becoming a successful author, but can't *find* the time to write. The truth is this: Great writers don't have more time than you do. They make time to write.
In Writing Habit Mastery you'll learn how to incorporate writing into your daily routine and get a strategy and list of tools that will help you develop a sustainable habit and demolish writer's block.
Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break Any Bad Habit
Why this book? We all have a specific bad habit we'd like to break. Odds are, you've tried in the past and maybe you were successful for a few days. Then something unexpected came up where you slipped for a day or two. Eventually you give up on the idea of making a habit change simply because it's too difficult to do.
In Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit, you'll learn a strategy for identifying your worst habits and learning how to overcome them.
Wake Up Successful – How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
Why this book? The reason most people aren't successful in achieving their goals is they fail to follow a day-by-day strategy. Instead they start each day, “hoping” they will have enough time to take action.
In Wake Up Successful, you'll learn how to start the day by creating energy and harnessing this power to focus on ONE breakthrough goal that will make a difference in your life.
Daily Inbox Zero: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
Why this book? In our fast-paced world, it's easy to allow hundreds–even thousands–of messages accumulate in your inbox. While email can enhance your personal communication, it can also turn into a huge time sink.
In the book Daily Inbox Zero, you will get a nine-step plan that helps clear the email clutter–no matter how many messages you receive on a daily basis.
S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple – 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
Why this book? We're all filled with dreams and aspirations. Wherever your ambitions may lie, goal setting can get you there. The trick is to create a plan and commit to it. Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals can help you do this.
In S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple, you'll get a ten-step plan for setting and achieving your goals. This book will teach you how to turn any idea into an actionable plan and you'll also get a blueprint for turning them into daily routines.
10,000 Steps Blueprint – The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
Why this book? Many people want a program that fits into a normal lifestyle, but don't know what's right for them. Unfortunately most programs ask you to either follow a restrictive diet that can't be maintained or complete a “bootcamp” course that requires HOURS of your free time.
In 10,000 Steps Blueprint, you’ll discover a blueprint for developing the walking habit. You'll find that it works best when it becomes part of your lifestyle. Done correctly, it's a permanent change that can be a cornerstone of a healthier, fitter and happier existence.
115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
Why this book? Most app review guides emphasize features, not the benefits. What most people need is a simple description of an app's benefits and how it can be used in a real-world setting.
In 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time, you'll get a straight-forward breakdown of the best productivity apps. You'll only learn about the apps that are loved by countless business professionals, time-management junkies and entrepreneurs from around the world. Think of it as your personal “Consumer Reports” on the tools that help you stay productive.
Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year
Is there a “secret” to making this new year the best year ever?
The answer is simple: Focus on one major goal (or a few) for the next year and then develop a series of habits that works towards achieving it. Instead of trying to change your entire life in January, the simpler strategy is to adopt a 12-month plan where you're making constant improvements.
You'll still get to set fun goals for the next year, but with the following plan you'll succeed because you're simply focusing on making one positive change at a time.
“Resolutions That Stick!” contains a yearlong blueprint of how to target a major goal, create resolutions around it and achieve it in a systematic manner.
70 Healthy Habits – How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Want a healthier lifestyle?
Unfortunately, this is a hard goal for many people to achieve. It's impossible to *will yourself* to eat better, get more exercise and do more health-conscious activities. Most people adopt an “change everything in my life at once” strategy that rarely works in the real world.
In “70 Healthy Habits” you'll learn how to use the age-old practice of habit development to form a healthier lifestyle. This book provides a detailed list of actionable habits you can use to improve your life.
How to Quit Your Smoking Habit: Without The Stress or Weight Gain
Hate your cigarette habit? Want to quit without the stress or weight gain?
It's really hard to be a smoker. You're putting your health at risk. You waste hundreds of dollars each month. And you're quickly becoming a social pariah with your friends and co-workers.
Smoking also causes a feeling of powerlessness. You've probably tried to quit dozens of times, but failed miserably. So what's the solution? The answer is to use simple habit development principles to fight against your desire to smoke.
Learn how to:
- Take control of your health.
- Quit smoking without the fear of gaining weight.
- Stop feeling like a slave.
- Increase your physical fitness.
- Improve your looks.