Thanks for purchasing the audio version of Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit.
I know what it’s like to listen to audio content. You hear an important link, but can’t immediately write it down. So I’ve put together these show notes of every link that’s mentioned in Bad Habits No More.
IMPORTANT: As another way of saying “thanks,” I’m offering a free PDF version of this book. Just forward your Audible receipt to [email protected] and I'll hook you up with a copy.
Let’s get to those notes…
- Habits—A Repeat Performance – a 2006 study conducted at Duke University
- Develop Good Habits – S.J.’s blog on habit development
- HabitBooks.com – where you can check out S.J. habit-related books
- Willpower – book by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney; describes “ego depletion”
- Hot-Cold Empathy Gap – Wikipedia entry on Hot-Cold Empathy Gap
- Digital Sabbaticals – A Rowdy Kittens article on the idea of taking digital sabbaticals
- How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world – study by Phillippa Lally and her research team showed it takes 66 days to create a brand-new routine
- Steve Pavlina’s website – Steve Pavlina’s blog post on 30-day habit change
- Lift.do – an app that helps you track your habits
- The Power of Habit – book by Charles Duhigg in which he talks about “habit loops.”
- How to Change a Habit – PDF flowchart Duhigg offers on his website
- Habit Stacking – One of S.J.'s books that teaches you how to practice multiple habits in one routine.
- Implementation Intention – Wikipedia entry on experiments conducted by Peter Gollwitzer
- Pomodoro Technique – a time-blocking technique that can help you carry out an “if-then” plan.
- Mind Jogger – an app which uses reminders to keep you on track
- No Cell Phone Before Sleep – a Lift.do habit you can participate in
- Skype – a tool you can use to talk to your accountability partner
- Stickk – a tool that provides a unique way to stick with a habit change
- 70 Healthy Habits – one of S.J.’s Kindle books that can help you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and attitude
- “Seinfeld Strategy” – A James Clear article on how the “Seinfeld Strategy” can help you beat procrastination
- Mini Habits – Stephen Guise’s book that focuses on micro commitments and consistency to build new routines
- Chains.cc – an app which is based on the “don’t break the chain” principle
- Mint.com – a website where you can create a monthly budget
Would You Like to Know More?
Did You Like Bad Habits No More?
- Could you please take a minute or two and leave a review for this book on Amazon? Click here: Review the Book!
More Books by S.J. Scott
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Get Results in Your Life
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple: 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
- 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
- Writing Habit Mastery: How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer's Block
- Declutter Your Inbox: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint: The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 70 Healthy Habits: How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year