Thanks for purchasing the audio version of The Accountability Manifesto: Achieve Your Goals with Mastermind Groups and Accountability Partners.
I know what it’s like to listen to audio content. You hear an important link, but can’t immediately write it down. So I’ve put together these show notes of every link that’s mentioned in The Accountability Manifesto.
IMPORTANT: As another way of saying “thanks,” I’m offering a free PDF version of this book. Just forward your Audible receipt to [email protected] and I'll hook you up with a copy.
Let’s get to those notes…
Free Gift from Steve Scott – 77 Good Habits to Live a Better Life
The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be – book by Jack Canfield
A study from the Dominican University of California – [PDF] showed what factors influencegoal achievement
Procrastination, Deadlines and Performance: Self-Control by Precommitment – research article from Psychological Science
Calf Burn Addiction Society – a low-key, informal running group where members meet for runs, volunteer at races and do other fun activities together
Toastmasters – provides a supportive, learn-by-doing environment that can help you improve the way you communicate
Writing Groups (forums):
Wiki page provided by Ancestry.com – a database of national genealogy societies and the individual clubs in each U.S. state
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Hoarders Anonymous
- Sexaholics Anonymous
Diet and Weight Loss
- Weight Watchers – an international company offers meetings in most cities and towns in the United States.
- Jenny Craig – another weight-loss-management company that offers meetings in most cities and some towns in the U.S., as well as in other countries.
- Nutrisystem – a commercial provider of weight-loss products and services, Nutrisystem offers accountability in the form of counseling to help you reach your weight-loss goals.
Fitness and Physical Improvement
- CrossFit – a fitness company started in 2000, has taken off like wildfire
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) – the easiest way to find a local running group
Public Service and Volunteering
- VolunteerMatch.org – an excellent place to start your community outreach journey
- Habitat for Humanity – a well-known international nonprofit is always in need of volunteers to help build homes for people in need or for those who have gone through a natural disaster.
The Right Accountability App
115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time – where I review 115 productivity apps
The following apps are specifically designed to help users identify good habits and stick with them on a daily basis.
Jerry Seinfeld's Productivity Secret – For more on this, read this article to learn about Jerry Seinfeld’s practice of writing a new joke every single day.
Best Virtual Community
- Writer's Café section on KBoards.com – focuses on self-publishing
- LinkedIn Groups – can fast-track your reputation as an industry expert and put you on the road to becoming an influencer in your field
- Google + Communities
Leaving Work Behind – owned by Tom Ewer, Steve’s accountabuddy
WordCandy.co – a business that specializes in creating content for WordPress sites
Think and Grow Rich – book by Napoleon Hill; popularized the mastermind group concept
Famous Mastermind Groups:
- Algonquin Round Table: A celebrated group of New York City writers, critics, actors and wits met for lunch each day at the Algonquin Hotel from 1919 until roughly 1929.
- The Junto: A club for mutual improvement established in 1727 by Benjamin Franklin in Philadelphia. Also known as the Leather Apron Club, its purpose was to debate questions of morals, politics and natural philosophy, and to exchange knowledge of business affairs.
- The Vagabonds: Between 1915 and 1924, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Harvey Firestone and John Burroughs embarked on a series of summer camping trips.
Six Degrees of Separation (or at least you know about the game called “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon”)
Google Docs – a program you can use to share files and anything else you create as a group
Online Resources that Can Connect You with a Coach
Management Mentors website – shares pointer son when to hire a coach
Attending Goal-Specific Conferences
Willpower – book by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney
Did You Like The Accountability Manifesto?
Could you please take a minute or two and leave a review for this book on Amazon?
Would You Like to Know More?
More Books by S.J. Scott
- 10-Minute Declutter: The Stress-Free Habit for Simplifying Your Home
- Exercise Enough: 32 Tactics for Building the Exercise Habit (Even If You Hate Working Out)
- Confident You: An Introvert’s Guide to Success in Life and Business
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- Level Up Your Day: How to Maximize the 6 Essential Areas of Your Daily Routine
- Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
- Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Get Results in Your Life
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple: 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
- 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
- Writing Habit Mastery: How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer’s Block
- Declutter Your Inbox: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint: The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 70 Healthy Habits: How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year