Thanks for purchasing Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit.
As you've probably seen, there are a LOT of links within the book.
So I've compiled this short list to help you quickly find a specific tool, app or resource.
Here is a complete list (in order of their appearance within the book):
- Habits—A Repeat Performance – a 2006 study conducted at Duke University
- Develop Good Habits – S.J.’s blog on habit development
- HabitBooks.com – where you can check out S.J. habit-related books
- Willpower – book by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney; describes “ego depletion”
- Hot-Cold Empathy Gap – Wikipedia entry on Hot-Cold Empathy Gap
- Digital Sabbaticals – A Rowdy Kittens article on the idea of taking digital sabbaticals
- How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world – study by Phillippa Lally and her research team showed it takes 66 days to create a brand-new routine
- Steve Pavlina’s website – Steve Pavlina’s blog post on 30-day habit change
- Lift.do – an app that helps you track your habits
- The Power of Habit – book by Charles Duhigg in which he talks about “habit loops.”
- How to Change a Habit – PDF flowchart Duhigg offers on his website
- Habit Stacking – One of S.J.'s books that teaches you how to practice multiple habits in one routine.
- Implementation Intention – Wikipedia entry on experiments conducted by Peter Gollwitzer
- Pomodoro Technique – a time-blocking technique that can help you carry out an “if-then” plan.
- Mind Jogger – an app which uses reminders to keep you on track
- No Cell Phone Before Sleep – a Lift.do habit you can participate in
- Skype – a tool you can use to talk to your accountability partner
- Stickk – a tool that provides a unique way to stick with a habit change
- 70 Healthy Habits – one of S.J.’s Kindle books that can help you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and attitude
- “Seinfeld Strategy” – A James Clear article on how the “Seinfeld Strategy” can help you beat procrastination
- Mini Habits – Stephen Guise’s book that focuses on micro commitments and consistency to build new routines
- Chains.cc – an app which is based on the “don’t break the chain” principle
- Mint.com – a website where you can create a monthly budget
Would You Like to Know More?
Did You Like Bad Habits No More?
- Could you please take a minute or two and leave a review for this book on Amazon? Click here: Review the Book!
More Books by S.J. Scott
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Get Results in Your Life
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple: 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
- 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
- Writing Habit Mastery: How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer's Block
- Declutter Your Inbox: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint: The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 70 Healthy Habits: How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year