Thanks for your interest in writing for Develop Good Habits!
In order to submit an article, we ask that you read the following and send us an article using these guidelines:
DGH Blog Post Guidelines
To get a sense for the topics we’re interested in, read our blog! As you can see, we’re all about habits:
- How to build good habits and break bad habits
- Topics related to personal development
- Mindfulness and simplicity
- Lifestyle design
Here are some topics we’d love to publish more about:
- Step-by-step guides on one specific subject
- Definitions of concepts related to personal development and how readers can use this information in their lives
- Product reviews
Here are some guest posts we’ve published:
- The Study Plan Schedule Strategy (That Actually Works)
- How to Write Professional Thank You Cards That Strengthen Your Business Connections
- Mini Habits (an Intro)
How to Pitch a Blog Post Idea
Please send three blog ideas to Steve at this email: [email protected]
In your submission, be sure to include the following items:
- The title and the main idea of each post idea
- The website you’ll be linking to
- The main keyword you’re targeting
- At least three links to articles you’ve previously written
If we like one of the ideas, we will respond back and ask you to move forward with the article idea that we like the best.
How to Submit the Article (and FAQs)
Have any tips for ensuring my piece is a fit?
- Write in the first person voice — use simple language, like you’re talking to a trusted friend over a cup of coffee.
- Use short sentences, paragraphs, lists, bullet points, and lots of white space.
- Use H2 subheadings to break apart the text.
- Make sure the grammar is impeccable.
How should I submit my guest post?
Submit your post as a Google document and share it with us. Send over the “Can Edit” shareable link.
What word count should I aim for?
Shoot for a word count of 2,000 to 4,000 words, but a little more or less won’t be deal breaker.
Should I include links within the piece?
Yes. We ask that you include two types of links in the article:
- Relevant and helpful links, either from a reputable blog or news site. We especially like it if you link to studies or research. If you think there is a piece of content on your website that adds value, then feel free to link to it.
- At least 3 links from DevelopGoodHabits.com within your guest post (as anchor text).
Should I write a headline?
Sure! But we reserve the right to adjust it for SEO purposes.
Will you edit my post?
Yes. We have an editor who does a final proofread and makes minor corrections on the content.
Are you definitely going to publish my guest post?
We reserve the right to not publish your article if we decide it’s not a strong fit for DGH. We’ll let you know if/when that happens and then you’ll be free to publish it elsewhere.
Should I include a featured image?
No need. We’ll add one.
What can I include in my bio?
You can include a short bio with your post. You can include two links which could be:
- Link to a social media account
- Your website
- An opt-in offer
What should I do after my guest post gets accepted?
We will email you the publishing date.
When it is published, we hope you’ll be active in the comments, respond to readers’ questions or thoughts, and share your post on social media.
We will also share it consistently in our social media channels.