Thanks for purchasing S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple – 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals.
As you've probably seen, there are a LOT of links within the book.
So I've compiled this short list to help you quickly find a specific tool, app or resource.
Here is a complete list (in order of their appearance within the book):
- 77 Good Habits to Live a Better Life – download link for the 77 Good Habits to Live a Better Life ebook
- Develop Good Habits Blog – Steve Scott’s blog on how continuous habit development can lead to a better life
- Purpose Your Day: Most Important Task (MIT) – Leo Babauta’s ZenHabits’ article on identifying the tasks that have the biggest impact on your life.
- Getting Things Done – Amazon link to David Allen’s famous book
- Runner’s Log – mobile app that helps measure your weekly mileage
- Study Backs Up Strategies for Achieving Goals – research by Dr. Gail Matthews
- Avery Flexi-View One-Inch Binder – recommended notebook for your goals book
- Mind map examples by Google – mind map images via Google image search
- Lift.do – an app to help you track your new routines
- The First 20 Hours – by Josh Kaufman; on how to learn skills in a rapid-fire manner
- The War of Art – by Steven Pressfield; on doing the work
- If-Then Plan – a strategy to help keep you on track in achieving your goals
- Mind Jogger – a mobile app that can help you build habits
- Evernote and Dropbox – apps that’ll allow you to carry your goals everywhere with you
- One Habit to Avoid Fast Food and Take-Out Food [30DHC] – DGH blog post on my experience in trying to kick my fast food habit
- How to Create Progress Bars in Excel With Conditional Formatting – link to How to Geek article
- Google Calendar – a useful tool for setting appointments and creating email reminders
- Leaving Work Behind – website of Tom Ewer, my accountability partner
- How to Start a Mastermind Group – for more information on how to work with an accountability partner
- Skype vs. Google Hangouts – Web tools to use when you're talking online with your accountability partner
- Google Helpouts – knowledge-for-hire services
Mind Mapping Resources:
- iMindMap – developed by Tony Buzan, who many consider the inventor of mind mapping
- FreeMind – a Java-based program with an extensive support wiki
- MindMeister – the most simplistic online mind-mapping application
Websites you can check for expert advice or education:
- Amazon (read books on the subject).
- Google (find information and blogs related to that skill).
- Google Helpouts (hire a coach to get instant feedback).
- Udemy and Skillfeed (take an online class on the subject).
- YouTube (watch videos that demonstrate a specific concept).
- Facebook (connect with authorities who are good at this skill).
- Meetup (join local groups interested in this subject).
Popular apps and programs to help you track your goals:
- Lift.do – a great program for tracking habits because it’s free and available on a variety of platforms
- GoalSync – utilizes subliminal messaging and goal-to-speech technology
- AchieveIt – excellent software solution for business professionals
- ToodleDo – an app for iPhone and iPad that focuses on completing specific task; it also has a Web version.
- LifeTick – another useful application that follows the S.M.A.R.T. goal-setting practice
- Goals on Track – provides you with a detailed form for setting S.M.A.R.T. goals
- 42 Goals – an online resource for tracking your daily goals
More Books by S.J. Scott
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Get Results in Your Life
- Writing Habit Mastery: How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer's Block
- Declutter Your Inbox: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint: The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 70 Healthy Habits: How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year
Did You Like S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple?
Could you please take a minute or two and leave a review for this book on Amazon? Click here: Review the Book!