Thanks for purchasing the audio version of 10 Minute Declutter: The Stress-Free Habit for Simplifying Your Home.
I know what it’s like to listen to audio content. You hear an important link, but can’t immediately write it down. So I’ve put together these show notes of every link that’s mentioned in 10 Minute Declutter.
IMPORTANT: As another way of saying “thanks,” I’m offering a free PDF version of this book. Just forward your Audible receipt to [email protected] and I'll hook you up with a copy.
10 Minute Declutter Notes
- 77 Good Habits to Live a Better Life – Download link for the 77 Good Habits to Live a Better Life ebook
- 10 Ultimate Home Decluttering Checklists – Download link for the Ultimate Checklist Guide for Home Organizing
- Life at Home in the Twenty-First Century: 32 Families Open Their Doors – a book that revealed how addicted to material things we are as a society and how much stress clutter creates
- Live Bold and Bloom – an award-winning personal development site founded by Barrie Davenport
- Barrie's Amazon Author Page – a series of self-improvement books on positive habits, life passion, confidence building, mindfulness and simplicity
- Develop Good Habits – blog on habit development run by Steve Scott
- The Ultimate Shopping List for Decluttering Your Home – a list of items to help you thoroughly declutter your home
- Sunk Cost Fallacy – where you make poor decisions after a bad investment
- Keystone Habit – a habit that affects so many other aspects of your life and personality
- Andrew Hyde – a minimalist blogger and author who owns just fifteen items
- Thomas Gilovich – Cornell psychology professor who has spent years researching consumption and happiness
- Red Cross and Goodwill – accept all sorts of donations, plus they’ll give you a receipt for tax purposes
- Melissa Data – a simple tool that helps you research each charity to find out if it’s a registered non-profit organization
- Freecycle – provides an easy way to get rid of valuable items
- Eaglesaver – a fairly hassle-free way to get rid of old textbooks, books, DVDs, CDs and video games
- Craigslist – probably the most famous way to get rid of your possessions while recouping some of your money
- eBay – use eBay to resell items that are in demand
- Professional Seller – find out how to be a professional seller on Amazon
- FBA homepage – Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program. This means you ship the item to Amazon, they store it and when it sells, the folks at Amazon ship it to the customer.
- Gumtree – UK’s leading ad website
- Ego Depletion – “a person’s diminished capacity to regulate their thoughts, feelings and actions.”
- “Tiny Habits” – concept and teachings of B. J. Fogg
- Hawthorne effect – theory that states you’re more likely to follow through with a commitment when you’re being observed by others
- Chains and Coach.me – app that help to track your progress
- “Unclutterer” question – Ask Unclutterer: Feeling guilty about parting with sentimental items
- Repurposed Coffee Mugs – check out additional ideas for repurposing old mugs
- Expiration Dates: A complete guide to reading food labels and understanding best by date, sell by date, best before date and use by date
- Eat By Date – website that helps you find out dry food expiration dates
- Some Facts About Cleaning Product Disposal – read before throwing away any cleaning products
- Consumer Med Safety – check out this website for the safest ways to dispose of medicines
- Key Holder Racks – check out these cool ideas for hanging your keys so they are handy but out of the way
- Fruit and Vegetable Storage – best way to store fruits and vegetables to maintain their taste and freshness.
- Survey by the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) – suggest that people actually sleep better when their bedrooms are comfortable and tidy
- beautiful bedrooms – check out ideas for bedroom decorations on Pinterest to find your “pillow style.”
- Pedestal Sink Storage Solutions – check out these cool ideas on Pinterest
- CDC Report – “more than 60,000 young children go to the emergency room each year because they got into medicines while their parents or caregivers were not looking.”
- How to fold sheets – YoutTube video on how to fold a fitted sheet—courtesy of Martha Stewart
- Towel Folding – you can also save space by creating a deep fold for your towels, creating a narrow rectangle rather than a square.
- How to Store Shoes – check out these creative ways to store shoes
- 34 other ideas for storing jewelry
- Claire Lerner – researcher from the National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families who said: “Our studies show that giving children too many toys, or toys of the wrong type, can actually be doing them harm. They become overwhelmed and cannot concentrate on any one thing long enough to learn from it.”
- Hulu or Netflix – Consider digital versions of movies and music.
- A Well-Organized Drawer – You can organize desk drawers by grouping items together.
- Cardboard inserts – you get creative with drawers by crafting cardboard inserts for desk drawer organization
- Coinstar machine – save up your coins to redeem it for a gift certificate
- Paperwork solutions: wall organizer or a partitioned box
- NeatDesk or the CamScanner mobile app – high-speed scanners that quickly decrease the amount of paper clutter
- Use old toilet paper rolls to store cables. (Here’s a photo of how this looks.)
Apps to help decrease paper clutter
Options to store and back up your digital items:
- Rescue Time – helps to monitor how you spend time on your computer during the workday.
- Carbonite – service that backs up your files automatically
- CamCard Free, CardToContact or ScanBizCards Lite – apps that can serve as instant Rolodexes
- Use a digital calendar app like QuickCal or Google Calendar to keep track of every scheduled appointment.
- Quality Shelves – find at any home improvement store or on Amazon.
- Google Maps – use this to help you find a “dumpster rental” near you
- Sport Equipment Storage – simplest solution is to set up racks and shelves for this gear.
- Paint Care website that helps you a hazardous waste plant near you
- HGTV spread – a 15-photo spread that showcases how simple hooks can help you create a well-organized garage
Did you like “10 Minute Declutter”?
Could you please take a minute or two and leave a review for this book on Amazon?
More Books by Barrie
- Peace of Mindfulness: Everyday Rituals to Conquer Anxiety and Claim Unlimited Inner Peace
- Confidence Hacks: 99 Small Actions to Massively Boost Your Confidence
- Building Confidence: Get Motivated, Overcome Social Fear, Be Assertive, and Empower Your Life For Success
- The 52-Week Life Passion Project: Uncover Your Life Passion
More Books by Steve
- Exercise Every Day: 32 Tactics for Building the Exercise Habit (Even If You Hate Working Out)
- The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
- Master Evernote: The Unofficial Guide to Organizing Your Life with Evernote (Plus 75 Ideas for Getting Started)
- Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less
- To-Do List Makeover: A Simple Guide to Getting the Important Things Done
- 23 Anti-Procrastination Habits: How to Stop Being Lazy and Get Results in Your Life
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple: 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
- 115 Productivity Apps to Maximize Your Time: Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and PC/iOS Desktop Computers
- Writing Habit Mastery: How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer’s Block
- Daily Inbox Zero: 9 Proven Steps to Eliminate Email Overload
- Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine
- 10,000 Steps Blueprint: The Daily Walking Habit for Healthy Weight Loss and Lifelong Fitness
- 70 Healthy Habits: How to Eat Better, Feel Great, Get More Energy and Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Resolutions That Stick! How 12 Habits Can Transform Your New Year