13 Books on Writing and Self-Publishing
So how is writing and kindle publishing related to habit change?
Let’s be frank, it isn’t.
I also publish a blog on kindle publishing, and I know quite a few readers from that blog also check out my habits blog. So for those simply interested in changing habits -the list is done…
…But for those of you who are interesting in writing and Kindle publishing, I thought collecting a few of my favorite books on the topics might be something worthwhile.
This list is by no means complete. To write an exhaustive list of all the books that help with finding ideas, writing, editing, proof-reading, and kindle publishing, this “add-on” list would be nearly as long (or longer) than the habits list.
Eventually I will do that on my kindle publishing blog, but for now enjoy this shorter list of some of the best books for writing and publishing. Hopefully, you already recognize many of these great books.
Top books for kindle writing and publishing
- On Writing Well (30th Anniversary Edition): An Informal Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
- Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success) by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
- Writing Habit Mastery – How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer’s Block by Steve Scott
- Fiction Unboxed: How Two Authors Wrote and Published a Book in 30 Days, From Scratch, In Front of the World by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
- Why Authors Fail: 17 Mistakes Self-Published Authors Make That Sabotage Their Success (And How To Fix Them) by Derek Doepker
- Pictures on Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Photos, Paintings, Drawings, and Other Graphics, or Tips on Formatting Your Images So Your Ebook Doesn’t Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else’s) by Aaron Shepard
- Kindle Publishing Package: includes: How to Discover Best-Selling eBook Ideas + How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days + 61 Ways to Sell More Nonfiction Kindle Books by Steve Scott
- How to Write & Sell Non-Fiction Books for Kindle by Nancy L. Hendrickson
- Supercharge Your Kindle Sales: Simple Strategies to Boost Organic Traffic on Amazon, Sell More Books, and Blow Up Your Author Mailing List by Nick Stephenson
- Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing (Quick & Dirty Tips) by Mignon Fogarty
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft by Stephen King
- Four Seasons of Creative Writing: 1,000 Prompts to Stop Writer’s Block (Story Prompts for Journaling, Blogging and Beating Writer’s Block) by Bryan Cohen
- You’ve Got a Book in You: A Stress-Free Guide to Writing the Book of Your Dreams by Elizabeth Sims
A Smarter You in 15 Minutes?
If you enjoy reading nonfiction books, then I encourage you to check out the Blinkist app.
Blinkist is an interesting concept…
Blinkist summarized over 2,000 of the bestselling books and put them into condensed 7 to 15 minute reads (or “blinks”). The idea here is to give you the key insights and important lessons — without wasting your time on pointless information.
Blinkist book summaries are perfect for anyone who wants to maximize those random moments when you have to kill time. Like when you want to kill time before an appointment or you’re standing on a long line at Starbucks.
You can use Blinkist to complete a book daily, learn the valuable lessons, and avoid the fluff that often pad longer books.
Are there books missing from this list? Are there books that shouldn’t be here? Do you find this list useful? Do you have any favorites? Make sure to let me know in the comments on the the main page of the 175+ Best Habit Books List