11 Learning Books: study habits, neuroplasticity, memory and learning new skills quickly
Learning books are something special. They don't only give us knowledge but they teach us how to learn to learn. Making all future knowledge come a tiny bit, quicker or easier.
Learning, after all, is not something we do from first grade until we graduate from college. Learning is something that is done for life.
The days when you could simply go to college and learn everything you need to know, and the quit learning, are long in the past. If those days EVER truly existed.
These days if you want to stay ahead or just stay competitive, you need to constantly learn new things. That is why these learning books for adults are just as important as the grade school or college education you may have received many years in the past. After all the well educated mind must continue to grow or it will stagnate.
(Side note: If you're looking for something great to read related to your career or business, then join over 1 million others and start your day with the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. This newsletter is a 5-minute read that's informative, witty and FREE!)
Learning Books: study habits, neuroplasticity, memory and learning new skills quickly
The fact you are reading this post shows that you are forward thinking and already care about learning for learning's sake. Good for you!
All the books that you "could" use to learn from would be way to extensive for this (or any) list. So what I focused on for this section is the books on learning that help you learn. Get my drift?
This list of learning books are only a shell of what this list will contain. When I started this list of learning books for adults it was part of a large multifaceted list. That list has continued to grow until the point where it now has over 400 books. Currently I am going over each topic list and narrowing the choices. So where this list exists you may have a list of learning books, memory books, study habit books and neuroplasticy books. Each list featuring the top 5-15 books with short reviews of each style of learning book on those pages.
For now, rest assured that in the learning books, creative thinking, speed reading and improved memory and books on improving our existing skills and learning capabilities, the books listed here are the best. But with more great books on learning and how to learn still to come.
Get smarter, faster and learn to learn with these books.
- Accelerated Learning Techniques for Students: Learn More in Less Time! by Joe McCullough
- Make It Stick! by Peter C. Brown
- Novice to Expert: 6 Steps to Learn Anything, Increase Your Knowledge, and Master New Skills- by Steve Scott
- Learn to Read with Great Speed: How to Take Your Reading Skills to the Next Level and Beyond in only 10 Minutes a Day by Michal Stawicki
- The Learning Habit: A Groundbreaking Approach to Homework and Parenting that Helps Our Children Succeed in School and Life by Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman
- Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to Transform Ourselves by Sharon Begley
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Power of Neuroplasticity by Dr. Shad Helmstetter
- Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques by Michael Michalko
- How We Learn: The Surprising Truth About When, Where, and Why It Happens by Benedict Carey
- Reading with the Right Brain: Read Faster by Reading Ideas Instead of Just Words by David Butler
- Organize Your Mind, Organize Your Life: Train Your Brain to Get More Done in Less Time by Margaret Moore and Paul Hammerness
Are there learning books missing from this list? Are there books that shouldn't be on this list? Do you find this list useful? Do you have any favorites? Is there a way to improve this list of books? Make sure to let me know in the comments on the the main page of the 175+ Best Habit Books List
(Finally, If you'd like to start your morning on the "right foot" then join over 1 million others and start your day with the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. This newsletter is a 5-minute read that's informative, witty and FREE!)