There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Want a dose of motivation and to learn more about the power of teamwork?
Working together effectively has been the cornerstone of human success since caveman times. So taking time to think about how you can improve your performance in a team is time well spent.
In today’s post, I’ll share 77 motivational teamwork quotes to help you get the best results from working with a team.
What You Will Learn
Good teamwork is the backbone of success in any organization, whether you’re a multinational corporation, an army at war, a family unit, or a lean and mean startup. If you and your team work together and synergize then everything you do is going to be better.
In the contemporary world, we often focus on the accomplishments and abilities of the individual. Look at the worship of celebrities, sports superstars, leading actors, athletes, and high-performing powerhouses across every discipline.
However, when we look at how the world works then this isn’t true. Nearly every single gifted individual is surrounded by talented teammates – the superstar footballer can only go as far as his team can play, and the leading actor’s talents shine because of the incredible work of a gifted camera crew.
For every one person enjoying success in the limelight, there’s a capable support network allowing them to shine, and if we don’t remind ourselves of this it can lead us to undervalue teamwork and make catastrophic mistakes.
When you pay more attention to teamwork and how you can improve it you’ll find that you can see solutions to problems or insights that otherwise eluded you.
But how do you get there? Part of this process is feeding your mind with the right information and media. These teamwork quotes are fantastic for getting the mental wheels turning and letting the power of your own mind work for you.
- “With an enthusiastic team, you can achieve almost anything.” – Tahir Shah
- “Success is best when it's shared.” – Howard Schultz
- “The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.” – Jim Hightower
- “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team” – Reid Hoffman
- “The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.” – Rensis Likert
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
- “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden
- “Teamwork is the secret that makes common people achieve uncommon results.” – Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
- “The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka
- “Nobody’s going to fix the world for us, but working together, making use of technological innovations and human communities alike, we might just be able to fix it ourselves.” – Jamais Cascio
- “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence.” – Lao Tzu
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “The combined results of several people working together is often much more effective than could be that of an individual scientist working alone.” – John Bardeen
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman
- “Don’t aspire to be the best on the team. Aspire to be the best for the team.” – Brian Tracy
- “Every once in a while you hear an expert that says team chemistry is overrated. You just write that person off.” – Tony La Russa
- “We cannot win in team situations or in relationships by ourselves.” – Terry Orlick
- “The path to greatness is along with others.” – Baltasar Gracion
- “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.” – James Cash Penney
- “The secret is to gang up on the problem, rather than each other.” – Thomas Stallkamp
- “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” – Mother Teresa
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
- “The art of effective listening is essential to clear communication, and clear communication is necessary to management success.” – James Cash Penney
- “A company is only as good as the people it keeps.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “No problem is insurmountable, With a little courage, teamwork, and determination a can overcome anything.” – B Dodge
- “Tough times don’t last. Tough teams do.” – Robert Schuller
- “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” – Virginia Burden
- “Our destiny is not written for us, it’s written by us” – Barack Obama
- “It all starts with a great idea and teamwork.” – Garrett Camp
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team” – Phil Jackson
- “Teams are successful when they are focused, have a short cycle time, and are supported by the executives.” – Tom J. Bouchard
- “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” – Emily Kimbrough
- “Great teams do not hold back from one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal.” – Patrick Lencioni
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
- “Teams are incredible things. No task is too great, no accomplishment too grand, no dream too far-fetched for a team. It takes teamwork to make the dream work.” – John Maxwell
- “When you need to innovate, you need collaboration.” – Marissa Mayer
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
- “Teamwork requires that everyone’s efforts flow in a single direction. Feelings of significance happen when a team’s energy takes on a life of its own.” – Pat Riley
Teamwork requires that everyone’s efforts flow in a single direction. Feelings of significance happen when a team’s energy takes on a life of its own.” – Pat Riley
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Motivation comes from working on things we care about. It also comes from working with people we care about.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “A single leaf working alone provides no shade.” – Chuck Page
- “Great things in business are never done by one person; they're done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
- “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” – Sun Tzu
- “If you take out the team in teamwork, it’s just work. Now who wants that?” – Matthew Woodring Stover
- “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden. It’s deadly.” – Mark Sanborn
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
- “We rise by lifting others” – Robert Ingersoll
- “Good teams incorporate teamwork into their culture, creating the building blocks for success.” – Ted Sundquist
- Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever.” – Amy Poehler
- “Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “Teamwork is the best ever investment. If I make 3 and you make 5, together we will not make 8. We will make 15. Leaders build active teams.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Teamwork makes the dream work” – Bang Gae
- “Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success.” – Anonymous
- “A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle.” – Proverb
- “Team player is the one who unites others toward a shared destiny through sharing information and ideas, empowering others, and developing trust.” – Dennis Kinlaw
- “You are either supporting the vision or supporting division.” – Saji Ijiyemi
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
- “Individual commitment to a group effort—that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
- “What separates the good players from a great player is that a great player is willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites.” – Jin Kwon
- “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
- “A successful team is a group of many hands but of one mind.” – Bill Bethel
- “Lead by example, insist on teamwork and instill motivation. Self-discipline is what gets you to work every day, and hard work builds character.” – Dave Mueller
- “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” – Robert Orben
- “The ratio of We’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” – Lewis B. Ergen
- “When you hand good people possibility, they do great things.” – Biz Stone
- “Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
- “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Overcoming barriers to performance is how groups become teams.” – John Katzenbach
- “A group is a bunch of people in an elevator. A team is a bunch of people in an elevator, but the elevator is broken.” – Bonnie Edelstein
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
- “The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better.” – Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
- “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” – Charles Darwin
The impact of a well-oiled team can’t be understated. Hopefully, these teamwork quotes have convinced you to find ways to promote more effective collaboration in your life and your organization.
For some more concrete steps, check out these 5 SMART goals examples to improve workplace teamwork.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.