13 Weight-Loss and Healthy Living Books
When it comes to weight loss, I have to stand on the shoulders of the experts.
While I feel I am an expert on controlling habits, I do not have a M.D. or Ph.D next to my name, nor have I spent the last 15 years as a personal trainer. I feel like I know “a lot” from reading dozens of books on the topic, and staying reasonably fit personally, but I do not claim to be an expert on this area.
However, over-eating and poor food choices ARE habits and they can be modified. In that I do feel I have some expertise.
The weight loss and healthy living books below are all either scientific looks at the problems of weight control written for laymen or books written by people who do have a high degree of expertise or knowledge. They are NOT fad diet books, like “South Beach” “Grapefruit,” “Atkins” or other diets. They all promote the sensible ideas of controlling what you consume, not limiting calorie intakes to some crazy low level.
They are more about making a change for life… rather than jumping on the bandwagon of the latest trend in diet.
In other words, they are the perfect books to read if you are making a positive habit change in the area of weight loss/ healthy living.
Top Weight-Loss and Healthy Living books:
- Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting by Darya Pino Rose
- Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous: A Nutritionist's Guide to Living Well While Living It Up by Esther Blum
- The Paleo Manifesto: Ancient Wisdom for Lifelong Health by John Durant
- The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman by Tim Ferris
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Challenging the conventional wisdom on diet, weight control, and disease by Gary Taubes
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back To Health by William Davis, M.D
- Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig M.D.
- Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink Ph.d.
- Volumetrics: Feel Full on Fewer Calories by Barbara Rolls Ph.D
- The Spectrum: How to Customize a Way of Eating and Living Just Right for You and Your Family by Ornish Dean M.D.
- The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes
- Mini Habits for Weight Loss: Stop Dieting. Form New Habits. Change Your Lifestyle Without Suffering by Stephen Guise
Are there books missing from this list? Are there books that shouldn't be here? Do you find this list useful? Do you have any favorites? Make sure to let me know in the comments on the the main page of the 175+ Best Habit Books List