There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Sometimes being a man has its own unique struggles, so in today’s post, we’ll be providing some truly top-notch motivational quotes for men to help conquer the year.
No matter if you’re a husband, father, son, or friend there’s probably something in your life that you’re seeking to improve, a goal that you want to reach, or just feeling you want more out of life.
Motivational quotes can help us access parts of ourselves that will help propel us to the next level.
It may seem strange to be reading motivational quotes – aren’t those usually reserved for cringe posters that your girlfriend, wife, or sister loves? “Live, laugh. Love” and more along those lines?
I used to think the same way – but it was reading quotes that helped introduce me to some of the greatest thinkers this world has produced – the likes of Lao Tzu, Mark Twain, and William Blake and more names than I could count.
Motivational quotes are a fantastic way to learn new ways of thinking about a problem, and in many cases, quotes of all kinds give access to knowledge and wisdom that’s very difficult to find elsewhere. You won’t find it in modern books and TV – that’s for sure.
While society is rapidly changing and the idea of what makes a man a man is changing with it – some things will always remain the same. Men like to challenge themselves in all kinds of ways, we put pressure on ourselves to excel in our passions and society expects men to always bring their best to a situation.
Our society also doesn’t have as much of a support network for men and so it’s also our duty to help each other where we can.
These motivational quotes will help you hit that next stage of your life or help pick you up if you’re feeling you’re not where you should be.
- “Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though t’were his own.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “The men who act without thinking, and the men who both think and act, are the ones who mould the world. The man who thinks and does not act never moulds the world. He may think that he does — but that, too, is only a thought, the thought of a deedless, actionless thinker.” – Jack London
- “We cannot solve problems with the kind of thinking we employed when we came up with them.” – Albert Einstein
- “A man can be destroyed but not defeated.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “A man needs self-acceptance or he can’t live with himself; he needs self-criticism or others can’t live with him.” – James Pike
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” – Mark Twain
- “Stick to the basics. Do your job. Avoid stupidity. Speak for yourself. Be attentive to details. Put results ahead of being right. Go to bed smarter than when you woke up.” – Shane Parrish
- “Being a good husband is like being a good stand-up comic: you need ten years before you can even call yourself a beginner.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “When you change your thoughts, remember to also change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “It is not the situation which makes the man, but the man who makes the situation.” – Frederick William Robertson
- “It is only when we take chances, when our lives improve. The initial and the most difficult risk that we need to take is to become honest.” – Walter Anderson
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “What a man knows should find its expression in what he does. The value of superior knowledge is chiefly in that it leads to a performing manhood.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
- “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Jackson
- “There are two questions a man must ask himself: The first is ‘Where am I going?’ and the second is ‘Who will go with me?’ If you ever get these questions in the wrong order you are in trouble.” – Sam Keen
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “My idea of the modern stoic sage is someone who transforms fear into prudence, pain into information, mistakes into initiation, and desire into undertaking.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- “When a man is young, he tries to please his parents. When he gets married, he tries to please his spouse. When he becomes a father, he tries to please his children. When he grows old, he tries to please god. One day, he comes to discover that his life has never been his own.” – Kapil Gupta
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
- “I’m teaching my daughter that the sun goes down each night because it’s mad at her. Probably gonna write a book on parenting at some point.” – Ryan Reynolds
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” – Mister Rogers
- “To be disciplined or non-disciplined is a choice you make every minute in every hour of your life.” – Russell Gerald Johnston
- “A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means.” – Sallust
- “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” – John Wooden
- “There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming.” – Søren Kierkegaard
- “One good man, one good man, it ain’t much – it’s only everything.” – Deborah Kerr
One good man, one good man, it ain’t much – it’s only everything.” – Deborah Kerr
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
- “The ability to sell yourself and your skills and expertise will empower you and build confidence, not only within yourself but within all aspects of your career in general.” – Jack Warren
- “A good man’s prayers will from the deepest dungeon climb heaven’s height, and bring a blessing down.” – Joanna Baillie
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “You should think in such a way that everybody could look into your soul and see what is transpiring there.” – Seneca
- “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.” – Henry Ford
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “Just remember, there are no quick fixes. But, by taking action just a little bit every day, you will build up a powerful reservoir of confidence, self-esteem, and discipline.” – Scott Allan
- “Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington
- “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
- “You will earn the respect of all men if you begin by earning the respect of yourself.” – Musonius Rufus
- “The price tag of leadership is self-discipline.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” – Vernon Sanders Law
- “Champions come and go, but to be legendary you got to have heart, more heart than the next man, more than anyone in the world.” – Muhammad Ali
- Character is built out of circumstances. From exactly the same materials one man builds palaces, while another builds hovels.” – George H. Lewes
- “Goal setting is the secret to a compelling future.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you perform the sacrifice of doing your duty, you do not have to do anything else. Devoted to duty, man attains perfection.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.” – Chuck Norris
Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.” – Chuck Norris
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus. “ – Alexander Graham Bell
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “A man may conquer a million men in battle but one who conquers himself is, indeed, the greatest of conquerors.” – Buddha
- “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
- “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”- Bruce Lee
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – James Froude
- “It’s only pain that can make you change.” – Naval Ravikant
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “There is nothing wrong with being afraid – but there is nothing more wrong than allowing that to be your master.” – Bobby Darin
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “One man with courage makes a majority.” – Andrew Jackson
- “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”- Theodore Roosevelt
We hope these quotes can help you make 2023 a year of success and fulfilment – you should always reach out to your fellow men for advice and help if you find yourself overwhelmed or unable to advance.
For more about motivation and success – check out these posts:
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..
Tom Smith is a creative writer with over 6 years of professional experience. He discovered the joy of writing after covering some furniture in his childhood home with graffiti. In later years, he got himself a BA in creative writing and hasn’t looked back. After discovering the power of positive thinking and discovering the spiritual side of life, he believes it's a huge privilege to be able to write about all things personal development.