There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Unless you have been living in a cave for the past 15 years, the name, Deepak Chopra is likely familiar.
Deepak has become nearly synonymous with the new age movement, transcendental meditation and his own form of spiritual healing since he first appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 1990’s.
One of the things that made Deepak such a popular phenomenon is his ability to take complex ideas and boil them down to pithy soundbites. These “pithy soundbites” make up the bulk of the Deepak Chopra quotes on this page.
If you are a Chopra fan or just want to read a few spiritual healing quotes and new age quotes then you will enjoy this post.
Without further ado let’s dig into the Deepak Chopra quotes.
Deepak Chopra Quotes on Life
- The best use of imagination is creativity. The worst use of imagination is anxiety.
- Love doesn’t need a reason. It speaks from the irrational wisdom of the heart.
- Every negative thought weakens the partnership between mind and body.
- No solution can ever be found by running in three different directions.
- The greatest mystery of existence is existence itself.
- There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
“Life” and what it means to be human beings in our modern times are fodder for many of Deepak Chopra’s quotes about life. Chopra often speaks to the state where the spiritual nature of man can improve many other aspects of existence.
Deepak Chopra Quotes on Change
Change is one of Deepak’s major focuses.
His books, talks and educational sessions are all about trying to effect change for the better in people. He tries to change people through alternative medicine, mindfulness and meditation, and Ayurvedic Yoga practices.
Whatever your method, change is important. If not essential. If we do not change and improve ourselves we will begin to stagnate and die. Like Morgan Freeman said in one of my all-time favorite movies, “It’s time to get busy living. Or get busy dying”
I choose to live every time, and so does Chopra.
The following Deepak Chopra quotes on change show us how anything is possible. How we can be the change we need. And how even when we think we have everything all set to go, life will often serve us up a curve ball we cannot control.
(For more on these concepts, I recommend checking out our review of the Grokker wellness channel.)
- You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.
- In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
- The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective – people who know to see a problem as an opportunity.
- Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined.
- Don't try to steer the river.
If you want to make a change in your life, I recommend you check out two articles:
- 47 Good Daily Habits List To Transform Your Life
- How to Build New Habits That Stick [The Ultimate Guide]
Deepak Chopra Quotes on Gratitude
- No matter what the situation is … close your eyes and think of all the things in your life you could be grateful for right now.
- Gratitude opens the door to … the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe.
- The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.
- Gratitude is a divine attitude in wisdom traditions. It takes you out from the ego-self and takes you into the higher self. That higher state of consciousness initiates self-repair, self-regulation, and healing.
Gratitude is something that far too few people practice. – But they should.
When people hear about gratitude the first thought is often that this is something that is done for other people. While hearing “thanks” and having more politeness in the world will surely make others feel better the real advantages are the ones that this little bit of politeness brings to ourselves.
There are many benefits of gratitude. Let’s take a quick break from the Deepak Chopra quotes to look at some of these benefits of gratitude.
- Opens the doors to relationships
- Improved health
- Improves anxiety, stress and other psychological states
- Reduces aggression
- Enhances empathy
- Improved sleep
- Improves mental strength
- Increased self-esteem
The main way it does all these great things is by getting negative emotions out of your system and replacing them with positive emotions. When you write a thank you note to a business associate, for example, you feel a little bit better about yourself and this positivity becomes infectious.
Of course, this can also lead to more kindness from those you give the thank you note to, which in turn leads to more gratitude, happiness, and a general positive outlook.
Deepak Chopra Healing Quotes
When it comes to Deepak and his quotes, I have to say this is one area where I tend to disagree with some of his philosophies. Deepak is big into the new age and self-healing movement.
I freely acknowledge that the mind is quite powerful and that there is a mind-body-soul connection that can help heal the sick and help you stay fit and healthy. My main difference with Deepak and the new age spiritual healing ideals is one of degree.
I believe this sort of mental “healing” is a nice addition to traditional western (and even Eastern) medicine. While Deepak often makes statements that sound like the correct mindset is all you need to heal just about any ills. I think this just goes “too far”.
But regardless here are some of Deepak Chopra’s thoughts on healing and the power of the mind to heal.
- One of the unique things about the human brain is that it can do only what it thinks it can do. The minute you say ‘my memory isn't what it used to be' or ‘I can't remember a thing today.' You are actually training your brain to live up to your diminished expectations.
- When we connect to the infinite source of wisdom within, creative new ideas, opportunities, and healing spontaneously unfold.
- Your own transformation will enable you to withdraw so completely from the evil that you contribute to it by not one word, one thought, or one breath. This healing process is like recovering your soul.
- The subtler one's awareness, the more powerfully it can heal.
- When you begin to meditate on a regular basis, you will start to notice that thoughts and feelings that may have been building up inside of you are gently released and you reach the quiet place that was always there, waiting for you- the place of pure awareness. It is there that you will experience peace, healing, and true rejuvenation.
- No matter how much it gets abused, the body can restore balance. The first rule is to stop interfering with nature.
Deepak Chopra Quotes on Happiness
Most people would like to be happier. Even those that feel generally happy, likely wish for a bit more.
We all want to enjoy our lives, and happiness is a key part of that. What some people do not realize is how much you control your own happiness. They don’t realize that what makes people happy? Is not as complicated a question as they might believe.
Far too many people dwell on the bad things that happen around them and say, “this makes me unhappy” when in fact that is not true. It is not the things in life that make us unhappy, it is our reactions to those things.
9 out of 10 things may go your way, but many people will dwell on the one thing that went wrong, not counting all the ways they are blessed.
One thing I love about Deepak Chopra quotes about happiness is that he reminds us, simply and plainly that happiness itself is not as complicated as many try to make it. It is within our reach if we just change our mindsets and how we view life.
- Be happy for no reason like a child. If you're happy for a reason, you're in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.
- Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it's realistic or not.
- Research has shown that the best way to be happy is to make each day happy.
- In a person’s career, well, if you’re process-oriented and not totally outcome-oriented, then you’re more likely to be a success. I often say ‘pursue excellence, ignore success.’ Success is a by-product of excellence.
Deepak Chopra Mindfulness Quotes
Chopra is also one of the leading proponents of mindfulness and meditation. He talks (and is thus quoted about both man, many times.)
If you are unfamiliar with mindfulness, or want some additional tips on how to effectively practice mindfulness, the link below will give you some great guidance. It has just about everything you might ever want to know about mindfulness.
Of course maybe you don’t want a detailed guide to everything you want to know about mindful living. Many people are much better at simply doing than learning about things.
For those people there are also some fun alternatives to simply reading about mindfulness. Check out the cool mindful games linked below for another (more hand-on) approach to becoming more mindful.
- Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
- Life gives you plenty of time to do whatever you want to do if you stay in the present moment.
- Meditation makes the entire nervous system go into a field of coherence.
- I dislike the word ‘self-help.’ Self-awareness, yes, but not self-help.
Deepak Chopra Books
Chopra is a prolific author. He has published over 80 books, of which 22 have been New York Times bestsellers. He writes about a wide range of topics from Ayurvedic medicine, to philosophy to all aspects of consciousness and spirituality. His works have been translated into 43 languages.
Below are six of Chopra’s most popular books. All of them New York Times bestsellers, with his famous book Seven Spiritual Laws of Success lasting an amazing 72 weeks on the bestseller list.
Deepak Chopra and physicist Menas Kafatos explore questions about our place and purpose in the world, the “human universe.” Chopra urges the reader to re-examine the many aspects of our life to change the way we see the world.
Deepak Chopra and Rudolph E. Tanzi collaborate in this book to highlight the importance of our immune system in relation to our lifelong health.
The book aims o help you make the right lifestyle choices every day so you can achieve optimum health in the face of today's environmental toxins, superbugs, and potential epidemics.
Deepak Chopra shares seven simple principles based on Hinduist and spiritualistic concepts. Chopra preaches the idea that understanding our basic nature as human beings and following the laws of nature creates personal success, not hard work, exacting plans, or driving ambition.
In this book, Deepak Chopra hopes to guide you in building awareness and changing the distorted energy patterns that cause aging, diseases, and infirmity.
The ten lessons Chopra shares will help you reinvent your body and transform it from a material object to a dynamic, flowing process.
“Not only are everyday coincidences meaningful, they actually provide us with glimpses of the field of infinite possibilities that lies at the heart of all things.”
Chopra teaches about how coincidences are messages or clues that we should appreciate and become sensitive to to understand their underlying meanings to our lives. Doing so will help fulfill our deepest desires.
Chopra offers a fascinating intellectual journey and a deeply moving chronicle of hope and healing in Quantum Healing.
He teaches how awareness, consciousness, and meditation can help human healing and also explores the inherent link between the mind and body and how that can play a crucial role in the art of healing.
Watch Chopra's The Secret of Healing
Perhaps rather than reading Deepak Chopra quotes or checking out one of his many books, you might be interested in seeing one of his seminars. Well, you are in luck.
If you want to listen to something soothing, relaxing and meditative, this is it. It is also 100% free for all Amazon Prime members.
Final Thoughts on Deepak Chopra Quotes
I hope you enjoyed these quotes and the few explanations and links to related materials.
If you like this style of this quote post please check out some of the other picture quote posts linked above or check out one of the dozens of further quote posts I have here: Quotes & Affirmations Archives
If you enjoy a specific quote or picture, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter. And finally, please share this page on your favorite social media platform.
And if you want more inspirational quotes, be sure to check out these blog posts:
- 77 Thich Nhat Hanh Quotes on Mindfulness
- 81 Buddha Quotes on Happiness, Life, Love, Death, and Change
- 55 Dr. Wayne Dyer Quotes About Life and Beyond
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what's truly important to you..